• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ccsmod8
    replied
    RE: i need help and fast

Hello,

Thank you for taking the time to reach out and write to us on our bulletin board here at the National Runaway Safeline. From what you have told us about your situation it sounds like you have been going through a very difficult time right now. It must be pretty frustrating to have these feelings and not really know what to do with them. You stated that you feel your mother treats you unfairly. What do you mean when you say that?

From reading what you had to say, it sounds like you might be struggling to really understand these feelings that you are having and even trouble expressing these feelings to others. What do you thinking about giving us a call here and talk about what has been going on? Perhaps talking to us first might help you formulate some of those feelings that you have been having so that you might be able to talk to your parents about how this has been affect you. If you don’t feel comfortable with doing that on your own, one of the services that we can offer you here is a conference call between your mother, yourself, and us so that we can help mediate between the two of you. Would that be something that you feel comfortable with doing?

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    i need help and fast

if i dont like living with my mom because i think i get treated unfair and i dont think its fairr she treats the other kids fairly but i want to move in with my dad but then again he lives with another women so i dont want to live their so where do i go how can i go and how can i explain this to my parents but i dont know when wehre how and wwhy i feel like this HELP IS NEEDED NOW?

Leave a comment:

• ccsmod10
    replied
    RE: what to do?

Hello there,
    Thanks for reaching out to us today. We are sorry to hear you are in this difficult position. It sounds like you are wanting to go to your biological dad’s house. Have you talked to him about this plan? Would your adopted mom be willing to sign over guardianship to him if he does want you to stay with him? Sometimes it can be helpful to talk thing over with a trusted friend. Do you have any teachers or counselors you feel comfortable reaching out to? Just to let you know, we are not legal experts. Technically it’s not against the law for you to run away from home. In most places it’s considered a ‘status offence’. However, anyone you would be caught staying with could possibly be charged with ‘harboring a runaway’. Do you think your biological dad would be willing to take this risk for you?
    Here at the National Runaway Safeline, we cannot tell you what you should or shouldn’t do. We can however help you explore options and go over what to do next. . There is always someone available at our 24 hour hotline 1-800-RUNAWAY (786-2929). We also have an online live chat available from 4:30p to 11:30p CST at www.1800runaway.org. We are always here to provide support, discuss safe options and find resources. All of our services are confidential and anonymous. Feel free to contact us anytime. Take care.

- NRS

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    what to do...

my parents always are criticizing me: telling me that i'm dumb or that i won't live up to their standards. I know i'm adopted and have met my birth mother(open adoption all legal), she lives really far away though. But my dad(wasn't part of the open adoption) only lives a few hours away(i looked him up online). if i ran away could i legally go to his house and ask him if he wants me? i'm only 15 so i'm not sure.

Leave a comment:

• ccsmod8
    replied
    re: Help!

Hello and thanks for following up with us. It seems like things continue to be really hard for you at home and that you really feel like you need to get out. It must be so difficult to live in that environment and we hope that you have someone that you feel supports you. As we mentioned before we are not legal experts but generally speaking, if you were to leave without your mom’s permission, she could file a runaway report on you and your dad could be at risk for harboring a runaway. If you are looking for more concrete answers, you can always contact your local police department through the non-emergency line for laws in your area. You can also call us at 1-800-RUNAWAY 24 hours a day or chat with us from 4:30-11:30pm CST about other options that you might have. Best of luck,

-NRS

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    help!

Originally posted by ccsmod0 View Post
    Thank you for contacting us. It sounds like your home with your mom has became unsafe and abusive for you. We hope that you are doing ok through all this. Running away is a status offense, which means that the police have record of it if a runaway report was made. It is not illegal to runaway. Have you considered talking to someone about what is happening at your mom's home? You could contact your local police department and/or the department of social services. This would be a way to keep yourself safe and the person that you stay with out doing something illegal. Also if your mom has filed a runaway report and you go to stay with someone; your mom could charge that person with harboring a runaway. We are a 24/7 confidential crisis line if you would like to contact us to assist with any questions/concerns that you might have. You can call us free from any phone at 1-800-RUNAWAY (1-800-786-2929).
    My mom is a horrible mother, always critisizes me, puts me down, and puts my brothers before me always. I feel trapped, i can't live here anymore. My mom and dad are split up but not divorced, my mom doesn't have full custody of me so if i just refused to come back to my mom's house and stayed at my dad's house, would she be able to do anything about it? Like could me or my dad get in any legal trouble? Please reply, i can not take this anymore.

Leave a comment:

• ccsmod0
    replied
    Re: Can I legally runaway to my dad's?

Thank you for contacting us. It sounds like your home with your mom has became unsafe and abusive for you. We hope that you are doing ok through all this. Running away is a status offense, which means that the police have record of it if a runaway report was made. It is not illegal to runaway. Have you considered talking to someone about what is happening at your mom's home? You could contact your local police department and/or the department of social services. This would be a way to keep yourself safe and the person that you stay with out doing something illegal. Also if your mom has filed a runaway report and you go to stay with someone; your mom could charge that person with harboring a runaway. We are a 24/7 confidential crisis line if you would like to contact us to assist with any questions/concerns that you might have. You can call us free from any phone at 1-800-RUNAWAY (1-800-786-2929).

Leave a comment:

Guest started a topic Can I legally runaway to my dad's?

Can I legally runaway to my dad's?

1I do not get along with my mother or oldest sister at all, its to the point where we have knocked each other out over dishes and my mother and I yell and scream and argue over EVERYTHING and she has stopped me from doing the things I want to do. I tried legally to move in with my dad through a custody battle 2 years ago and I'm now 17 and I want to runaway and live with my dad, but my mom would call the cops in a heartbeat and she would know where I would go. Can the cops take me back home if I run away unassisted to my dad's or get him in trouble if he keeps me there? Please I need to know indefinetley.
Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
Auto-Saved
x
Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
x
x
Working...
X