No announcement yet.

Can A Runaway Attend School?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Me and my friend are planning on running away I would like to know if I am allowed to go to school we are both age 12 and need to know if we could register in school

Comment

• ccsmod2
      ccsmod2 commented
      Editing a comment
      Hello There,
      Thank you for reaching out to The National Runaway Safeline, we are here to help and here to listen.
      Running away is a big decision, and we want you to know that your safety is the top priority. We are not legal experts but for you to be enrolled in school, usually a legal guardian would need to register you. You would also need forms, such as your birth certificate and immunization records.
      Also the current school you are attending, if you stop attending they would most likely report that to your parents. You could always speak to a school counselor about your situation, and they may be able to let you know on enrollment requirements. They would also be able to provide support and resources.
      You and your friend do not have to deal with this situation alone, we can talk through options and offer support to you. Please reach out to us by chat or by calling 1800-786-2929. We are available to you 24/7.
      Best of luck!
      NRS
Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
Auto-Saved
x
Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
x
x
Working...
X