No announcement yet.

helping a run away

  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • helping a run away

    I have a former student that's on the run. I had called cps on this family before. I'm the only person she trust and I want to become her guardian. But I want to do it legally and with out her having to go back to that house. Help!

  • #2
    re: helping a run away


    Thanks for contacting the National Runaway Switchboard. It sounds like you are concerned for the well being of your former student and would like to keep her safe at all cost. It's great that she has someone who cares about her. You mentioned that you have contacted CPS in the past for child abuse. Was a child abuse report ever filed? Sometimes when there are open cases with CPS, the children are not placed back into the household until allegations of abuse are not found; however, that outcome is not a guarantee. In addition to trying to contact a legal aid organization you may also try to speak with your local CPS although they may be only capable of giving you a hypothetical response without making any guarantees.

    If you have any additional questions, please feel free to give us a call 24/7 at 1-800-RUNAWAY (786-2929). We can also be reached live via chat during 4:30pm and 11:30 pm CST.

    We wish you all the best of luck.

    Please remember you can reach us directly by calling our 24 hour hotline, 1-800-RUNAWAY (786-2929) or through our Live Chat.

    National Runaway Safeline
    [email protected] (Crisis Email)
    1-800-RUNAWAY (24 Hour Hotline)

    Tell us what you think about your experience!


    Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
    Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
    or Allowed Filetypes: jpg, jpeg, png, gif, webp