Im pregnant but how to get medical help..

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ccsmod6
    replied
    Re:

Hi there,

Thank you for writing to us here at NRS through our online forum. It sounds like you were dealing with some challenges which made you run from home at 14. You shared that you are pregnant and worried about being taken away from your boyfriend and/or baby. It is often best to check in with a legal expert whom would be better able to talk about your rights at 16 and as a teen parent. We would be happy to offer you some resources. There is resource that can help answer more of the legal questions you may have regarding your situation. For more information on Legal Aid's Teen Parent Project please call (650) 558-0915 http://www.legalaidsmc.org/teen-parent-project.html.

If we can help with any thing else, please reach out soon for more support or resources.

We hope you stay safe and look forward to your call soon.

Best,

NRS

Leave a comment:

• Unregistered
    Guest replied
    im 16 years old and i live in California. i ran away from home when i was 14 so i've been gone for 2 years now. my boyfriend is older than me and i dont have my birth certificate, social security number no proof of identity other that my middle school i.d. what can i do so that the law cant take me away from my baby or my boyfriend?

Leave a comment:

• ccsmod2
    replied
    re: 16 pregnant and ran away from foster care

Hi,

You mentioned that you have been gone about 4 months and you believe you are pregnant. That sounds like it must be pretty stressful for you and you sound really concerned. The best way to find out whether or not you are pregnant is to see a medical professional. We don't know exactly what will happen when you go to see them. You may want to call ahead to see if you can go to see a doctor as a young person, without your guardians. Hopefully can help give you some direction. We don't know exactly where you are right now, but it may be helpful to seek out any local pregnancy resources for additional assistance. You can try calling Planned Parenthood to see if they have one in your area as well. Their number is 1-800-230-7526.

Good luck to you,

NRS

Leave a comment:

• Unregistered
    Guest replied
    16, pregnant and ran away from foster Care

I been on the run for 4 months and I got pregnant I'm like 8 weeks I believe and I need to go to the doctors but will I get caught and sent back into system I'm safe, eating, clean, and a roof over my head I'm just worried about my baby !

Leave a comment:

• ccsmod6
    replied
    RE: I'm 16 and pregnant and a runaway

Hello there,

Thank you for reaching out to us here at the National Runaway Safeline. It sounds like you have a lot going through your mind now worrying about the health of your baby and yourself as well as your boyfriend possibly getting into trouble. It seems your biggest worry is getting to a clinic. You may try to contact Planned Parenthood at 1-800-230-7526 or by visiting http://www.plannedparenthood.org/ to locate the nearest clinic in your area for free or low-cost services. We are unsure if you would be able to receive treatment without a parent or guardian as we are unsure of healthcare laws in your state. However, according to the Planned Parenthood website, teens may access reproductive health care services without parental permission. This can help you get a check-up at least and plan out the remainder of your pregnancy.

Regarding police finding or taking you into custody, the most probable way that this would happen is if your parents filed a runaway report/missing child report and your pictures were posted notifying the community that you were missing. Generally, you do not have to tell the clinic staff that you are a runaway to receive services.
    We are unable to tell you what to do as we are not legal experts, but if you were to call our crisis line or chat with us, we could help explore some options for you and help you get the support you need for you and your baby.

We hope this helps and wish you luck. We will await your call or chat to provide further support and resources.

Be safe and take care,

NRS

Leave a comment:

• Unregistered
    Guest replied
    I'm 16 and pregnant and a runaway

I'm 16 and I've been missing from home since June 25 2015 & I'm now 6weeks pregnant I stay with my boyfriend who thinks I'm 18 and i know I need medical help because I've been smoking cigarettes and. I need to know if my baby is okay but I'm afraid of the police finding. Out where I am and taking me into custody where I'll have to go back to my parents and they'll make me give my baby up and they'll try and lock my boyfriend away he's only 18 and in college I don't wanna ruin his life what should I do?

Leave a comment:

• ccsmod8
    replied
    RE: Im 17 and a runaway

Hello -

Thanks for reaching out to us. It sounds like you have a lot going on right now, and it must be hard to manage. It’s great that you are safe, and it seems like your boyfriend is a good source of support for you. From what you’ve said, it looks like getting you the proper medical attention is the most pressing issue. Planned Parenthood is a great resource here – they should be able to work with you on your financial situation and help you take steps towards getting the care you need in regards to your pregnancy. They can be reached at 1-800-230-7526 – from there they should be able to direct you to the care center closest to your current location. The asthma is a little bit trickier to deal with, but if you feel you are in immediate need of medical care you can always go to the emergency room.

Again, thank you for contacting us. You have a lot going on and it sounds like you’ve been very strong and have gotten yourself into safe place which is a great start. You had brought up a few other issues in your message and we would like to address all of them. If you feel comfortable, please give us a call at 1-800-RUN-AWAY. We are totally confidential and we are 24/7. We can often be more helpful when we are able to talk to you on the phone and get a better idea of what is going on and where you’re located. That way we could also go into more detail about some of the other things that are going on.

Leave a comment:

• Unregistered
    Guest replied
    Im 17 and a runaway

im a runaway from foster care my grandmother who had custody of me had died i come from a small family aunt is a prostitute uncles on drugs mother and father dont want me. Iwant to get medical help im 2 weeks pregnant i been out of foster for a month. i will be 18 in december15 but until then i need medical help through my pregnancy also beacause i have ashtma and it has been trigging off and on i dont have my abutoral what can i do i definately dont wont to go back to foster my social doesnt help for nothing i get foster parents who just take me in for the money and dont care about my needs. i am safe and living with my boyfriend can someone please help me!!!

Leave a comment:

• ccsmod15
    replied
    RE: please help

Hi there,

It sounds like you are going through a lot. We are hear to help and listen. To best assist you, we would need some additional information about your situation.

Feel free to give us a call through our 24 hour hotline, 1-800-RUNAWAY (786-2929) or access our Live Chat which is open every day from 4:30p to 11:30p CST and can be accessed here: http://www.nrschat.org:88/chat/UserP...&d=&u=&bypass=

All the best,

National Runaway Safeline
    [email protected] (Crisis Email)
    1-800-RUNAWAY (24 Hour Hotline)

Leave a comment:

• maria
    Guest replied
    please help

i ran away and im 18 and pregnant can i make a appointment and keep going with out a parent ?

Leave a comment:

• ccsmod3
    replied
    Re: 16..Pregnant..Thinking of running away

Hello there,

If you have contacted NRS today through another means (for example, live chat, email or bulletin) for the same issue, it would be helpful to let us know that you have already contacted us. NRS understands it takes courage to reach out for help; therefore, we would like to minimize the need for you to repeat your situation and avoid offering you duplicate services.

-NRS

Leave a comment:

• Justneedadvice
    Guest replied
    16..Pregnant..Thinking of running away

I'm so scared.Tomorrow I have a doctors appointment,and I know my parents will be so mad.I don't want them to take my baby,or make me put it up for adoption.So I was considering leaving..But could I just avoid all of this by telling the hospital to keep it all confidental?

Leave a comment:

• ccsmod10
    replied
    RE: I"m pregnant but how to get medical help...

Hello there,

Thank you for reaching out to us. It sounds like you are worried about the authorities getting involved if you went to the hospital or medical facility. If you call Planned Parenthood at 1-800-230-7526 it will automatically direct you to the nearest facility in your area. There you could explain your situation and they will help you explore what options you have available. We may also find pregnant and parenting teen shelters that will be able to help you during this difficult time. You do have the right to feel safe in your own home.

Here at the National Runaway Safeline, we cannot tell you what you should or should not do. If you would like to discuss your situation further, we can be reached at any time at 1-800-RUNAWAY (786-2929) or by live chat at www.1800runaway.org from 4:30pm-11:30pm Central Standard Time. We look forward to hearing from you and wish you the best of luck.

- NRS

Leave a comment:

• Unregistered
    Guest replied
    im pregent nd i ran away from home but im scared to get medical help because im scared my parnets will show up nd so will the cops but my baby needs medical help i cnt go all nine months not know if theirs something wrong with my baby

Leave a comment:

• ccsmod1
    replied
    RE: runaway 16 and pregnant

Hello,
    Thank you for reaching out to us for help. It sounds like you are in a difficult position right now. You said that you are a pregnant runaway. This must be a really stressful time for you. We are not legal experts here, so we are not sure if hospitals are required to report suspected runaways, or if they can treat a minor without the permission of a legal guardian. Are you currently seeing a doctor? Doctors have to keep their patient’s information confidential, so if you are already seeing one, they might be able to answer your questions.

The folks over at the Planned Parenthood Hotline might be a great resource for you. The number for the Planned Parenthood Hotline is 1-800-230-7526, and they have excellent resources and can help answer all of your questions about reproductive health. If you are not currently seeing a physician, you might want to consider seeing one as soon as you can. If you need referrals for resources in your area, try calling the Planned Parenthood Hotline or calling us at 1-800-RUNAWAY.

Where are you staying right now? Do you have a safe place to stay and access to medical care? If you need any resources or support, we are here to listen and help in any way that we can. All of our services are completely anonymous and confidential. You can reach our 24 hour crisis line at 1-800-RUNAWAY (1-800-786-2929), or you can talk to us through our live chat program between 4:30pm and 11:30pm Central time at www.1800RUNAWAY.org. We can provide you with support and any resources that might be useful to you. It sounds like you have a lot on your plate right now. We are looking forward to talking with you!

Best of luck,

NRS

Leave a comment:

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
Auto-Saved
x
Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
x
or Allowed Filetypes: jpg, jpeg, png, gif, webp
x
x
Working...
X