Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Im pregnant but how to get medical help..

Collapse
X
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Im pregnant but how to get medical help..

Okay soo im a runaway.. in Georgia .. im 16 and my boyfriend is 17 almost 18.. I recently got pregnant but since im a runaway how can i get help for my pregnancy? i dont think i can go to a hospital because im worried they will contact the cops or my parents. But is there a way i can get help without going to a doctors/ hospital? Im almost 6 weeks and i know i should be on pre-natals and probably get an ultra sound but i cant get caught what can i do ? Do i have some options?

re: Im pregnant but how to get medical help.

Thanks for contacting the National Runaway Switchboard. It sounds like you are in a difficult situation and we are sorry to hear how worrisome it sounds. If your parents or legal guardians filed a runaway report for you, it would have been done with your local law enforcement agency. Once a runaway report is filed it is then entered into a national law enforcement database that alerts law enforcement officials throughout the country that you are a runaway. Law enforcement officials are usually the only people with allowed access to your record. Hospitals and other agencies may get informed if flyers have been sent there. If you are still concerned about going to a hospital for care, going to a local health clinic that caters to teens may be preferred. If you like, you can contact Planned Parenthood (1-800-230-7526) to locate the nearest clinic in your area. Whether or not you can receive medical care without the involvement of a parent or legal guardian is usually determined by your state law. According to Planned Parenthood website, teens may access reproductive health care services without parental permission.

We hope the information provided helps. If you need additional assistance, please feel free to give us a call toll-free at 1-800-RUNAWAY (786-2929). Our hotline is anonymous, confidential, and available 24 hours 7 days.

~NRS
    Please remember you can reach us directly by calling our 24 hour hotline, 1-800-RUNAWAY (786-2929) or through our Live Chat.

National Runaway Safeline
    info@1800runaway.org (Crisis Email)
    1-800-RUNAWAY (24 Hour Hotline)

Tell us what you think about your experience!
    https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/YourOpinionMattersToUs

Comment

free clinics

hi i was in the same situation a year ago u can go to any free clinic and get it done. if not u csn buy pre-natles in walmart or any other store. as long as u take care of ur self the baby will most likely be ok. but by law doctors cant hold u there or anything like that. and most cant release info. about u to anyone including the cops

Comment

Thank you, guest, for posting a response and sharing your experiences from a year ago. It is helpful to get more ideas, and to remember that everyone’s experiences will be different.

The National Runaway Switchboard is also available for additional assistance. Please feel free to give us a call toll-free at 1-800-RUNAWAY (786-2929). Our hotline is anonymous, confidential, and available 24 hours 7 days.
        Please remember you can reach us directly by calling our 24 hour hotline, 1-800-RUNAWAY (786-2929) or through our Live Chat.

Comment

Hi,
          I just want to tell you that I've been in this situation and you can go to the doctor. Please dont just go to walmart and get prenatals, Go to the doctor get checked out you need to be informed of so many things and you could need much more than prenatals like folic acid for brain development, iron if you develop anemia or help with preeclampsia or GD which could be a risk on your life and your baby's life. Everything you do will be completely confidential. Do the best for your baby, it is the best for you too

Comment

Thank you, guest, for posting a response and sharing your experiences with clinics. It is helpful to get more ideas, and to remember that every city/state is different in their policies. Thats wonderful you had a good experience.

The National Runaway Switchboard is also available for additional assistance. Please feel free to give us a call toll-free at 1-800-RUNAWAY (786-2929). Our hotline is anonymous, confidential, and available 24 hours 7 days.

Comment

Pregnant

I'm 7 months pregnant and I NEED to go to the doc but I'm afraid the cops will show up .... Can they tell the cops anything?? Is it safe to go??

Comment

RE: Im pregnant but how to get medical help..

Hi there,

We’re glad you reached out to the National Runaway Safeline today. It seems like you’re going through a lot right now, so it was brave of you to reach out from some support. It also sounds like you’re really scared about encountering the police. I don’t know all the reasons why you are scared, but I can give you some general information. Now, we are not lawyers, but, in general, doctors aren’t allowed to give out your personal medical information to anyone unless you give them permission. The only exception may be your parents, but sometimes they can’t even tell parents depending on what state you are in and what kind of medical information it is. Sorry that we can’t be more specific, and we hope that this helps!

If you want to talk about it more and talk through some options, feel free to call us 24/7 here at 1-800 RUNAWAY (786-2929). We are confidential and anonymous and here to listen. If calling isn’t your thing, you can chat with us through our website (www.1800runaway.org) from 4:30pm-11:30pm Central Standard Time.

We are looking forward to hearing from you and best of luck!

NRS

Comment

runaway 16 and pregnant

Well i need to no if i go to the hospital,can the hospital tell cps im their if i dont want them to? And would i beable to leave the hospital with the baby

Comment

RE: runaway 16 and pregnant

Hello,
                    Thank you for reaching out to us for help. It sounds like you are in a difficult position right now. You said that you are a pregnant runaway. This must be a really stressful time for you. We are not legal experts here, so we are not sure if hospitals are required to report suspected runaways, or if they can treat a minor without the permission of a legal guardian. Are you currently seeing a doctor? Doctors have to keep their patient’s information confidential, so if you are already seeing one, they might be able to answer your questions.

The folks over at the Planned Parenthood Hotline might be a great resource for you. The number for the Planned Parenthood Hotline is 1-800-230-7526, and they have excellent resources and can help answer all of your questions about reproductive health. If you are not currently seeing a physician, you might want to consider seeing one as soon as you can. If you need referrals for resources in your area, try calling the Planned Parenthood Hotline or calling us at 1-800-RUNAWAY.

Where are you staying right now? Do you have a safe place to stay and access to medical care? If you need any resources or support, we are here to listen and help in any way that we can. All of our services are completely anonymous and confidential. You can reach our 24 hour crisis line at 1-800-RUNAWAY (1-800-786-2929), or you can talk to us through our live chat program between 4:30pm and 11:30pm Central time at www.1800RUNAWAY.org. We can provide you with support and any resources that might be useful to you. It sounds like you have a lot on your plate right now. We are looking forward to talking with you!

Best of luck,

NRS

Comment

im pregent nd i ran away from home but im scared to get medical help because im scared my parnets will show up nd so will the cops but my baby needs medical help i cnt go all nine months not know if theirs something wrong with my baby

Comment

RE: I"m pregnant but how to get medical help...

Hello there,

Thank you for reaching out to us. It sounds like you are worried about the authorities getting involved if you went to the hospital or medical facility. If you call Planned Parenthood at 1-800-230-7526 it will automatically direct you to the nearest facility in your area. There you could explain your situation and they will help you explore what options you have available. We may also find pregnant and parenting teen shelters that will be able to help you during this difficult time. You do have the right to feel safe in your own home.

Here at the National Runaway Safeline, we cannot tell you what you should or should not do. If you would like to discuss your situation further, we can be reached at any time at 1-800-RUNAWAY (786-2929) or by live chat at www.1800runaway.org from 4:30pm-11:30pm Central Standard Time. We look forward to hearing from you and wish you the best of luck.

- NRS

Comment

16..Pregnant..Thinking of running away

I'm so scared.Tomorrow I have a doctors appointment,and I know my parents will be so mad.I don't want them to take my baby,or make me put it up for adoption.So I was considering leaving..But could I just avoid all of this by telling the hospital to keep it all confidental?

Comment

Re: 16..Pregnant..Thinking of running away

Hello there,

If you have contacted NRS today through another means (for example, live chat, email or bulletin) for the same issue, it would be helpful to let us know that you have already contacted us. NRS understands it takes courage to reach out for help; therefore, we would like to minimize the need for you to repeat your situation and avoid offering you duplicate services.

-NRS

Comment

please help

i ran away and im 18 and pregnant can i make a appointment and keep going with out a parent ?

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                              Auto-Saved
                              x
                              Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                              x
                              x
                              Working...
                              X