X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ccsmod15
    commented on Guest's reply
    We are sorry to hear you are going through a rough time right now. You don't deserve to be abused by anyone and it's your right to file a report on that if you want to do so. We'd like to help further but need a bit more information from you to see how we can help. If you give us a call we can work with you to help you figure out what your best options are. We are confidential and here 24/7 at 1-800-RUNAWAY. You can also chat with us via the portal at www.1800runaway.org. Please be safe. We hope to hear from you soon!

Guest replied
    Hi I’m 16 years old and was in a group home and I ran away from there I’ve had troubles living with my grandmother and abusive brother they want to put me back therefore I ran away the problem is I’m not going to school which I want too but don’t want to be with my grandmother or a foster home and my family can’t take care of me because their record I just want to be back Into my home town

Leave a comment:

• ccsmod1
    Hey there,

Thanks so much for reaching out and sharing a little bit about what’s been going on, we know that it takes a lot of courage. It sounds like you are in a unique and sticky situation and it can be confusing on how to proceed. We aren't legal experts here at NRS and everyone's probation is set up differently. It may be a possibility that you could face incarceration from violating house arrest. Additionally, many places have closed due to COVID-19, so it may be best to reach out to your intended destination to verify if it is a viable option.

If you’d like to go over what’s going on in depth, or if you’d like to explore other options that you may have available to you, please don’t hesitate to call us at 1-800-RUNAWAY. You can also chat us by clicking on the “CHAT” button on top of our homepage. We’re open 24/7 and here to listen and support you in any way we can.

We'd love to hear from you about your experience using our crisis forum. Your feedback plays an important role in helping us improve our services to support youth and families. Please click the link below to fill out our survey: https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/we_care_what_you_think

Stay safe,
    NRS

Guest replied
    If I run away for a night or two when I’m about to get off probation soon, but am on house arrest, will I go to juvy? My po is chill but since the corona virus is going on can she do anything about it?

Leave a comment:

• ccsmod4
    Hello,
    Thank you for writing to us here at the National Runaway Safeline.

We understand it takes great courage to reach out, and we appreciate you sharing a little bit about what’s going on.
    We want you to know that we are here as support to help you through this challenging time. We can best help by phone or chat as NRS is unable to respond more than twice by email or bulletin for assistance. If you would like to talk more in detail and share more about how we can help specifically, please call or chat soon.

Our contact information is 1-800-RUNAWAY (786-2929); www.1800runaway.org (click on the chat button).
    If you are at risk of any danger or feeling unsafe, we encourage you to reach out to or seek emergency assistance immediately.
    We hope to hear from you soon.

Take care,
    NRS

Guest replied
    Well hi im 13 years old and yea

Leave a comment:

• ccsmod13
    Hi there,

Thank you for taking the time to reach out to NRS. It sounds like you are in a tough spot, but you have been very resourceful in searching for more information regarding your situation. We are not legal experts here at NRS, so we cannot say for sure what the exact consequences would be for not attending your court hearing. From what we know running away while on probation can result in further legal consequences.

If you call our hotline at 1-800-786-2929 or use our live chat services at www.1800runaway.org, we are happy to connect you with legal aid resources that can better answer your questions. If you would like to get connected to any services that might be helpful in your current situation, we are available 24/7 to help.

We look forward to hearing from you soon so that we can help,
    NRS

Guest replied
    Hi I’m currently 17 years old and 4 months pregnant almost 18 and I’m no truancy probation but I ran away and I have court next week but not planning on going because I left the state once I don’t show up to my court date next week they will fire an arrest warrant against me will it go away after I turn 18 or will it go away at all if I return back into the state?

Leave a comment:

• ccsmod15
    Hello! Thank you for reaching out!

You mentioned that you have court for a drug charge, and was wondering what would happen if you were to leave to your friend’s house for the night. We aren’t legal experts, but in most states, anyone under 18 is considered a minor. If you were to leave the house on your own without permission, your legal guardians can file a runaway report, and whoever you end up staying with, may face some charges for harboring a runaway, even if it’s just for one night. An option you can explore, would be to find thigs that you are able to do at home, and distract yourself from the issues going on with your mom. Try reading a book or working out to distract yourself, while things settle on with your mom. We care about your safety, and want you to be safe. If you want to know more about the runaway laws and consequences in your area, you can reach out to your local non-emergency number for some answers.

We hope that the information provided to you today have can be of some help. If you need any additional information, or want us to call somewhere on your behalf, you can reach out to us anytime over the phone at 1800) 786-2929. Best of luck!

Guest replied
    Hi I’m currently 16 I’m not on probation but I have court for a weed charge and I wanna go to my friends house just for the night because things aren’t right with me and my mom at the moment will I just a ankle monitor put on me when I go to court?

Leave a comment:

• ccsmod9
    Hi there,
    Thank you for writing to us here at National Runaway Safeline (NRS). We understand it takes great courage to reach out, and we appreciate you sharing a little bit about what’s going on. We want you to know that we are here as support to help you through this challenging time. From what we understand about your situation is that you have broken your probation and want to see if there is any way of not getting caught and forced to come and serve more time. Unfortunately probations can follow you even after you turn 18. If you are asked to go to court you may face a warrant out for your arrest. It is wise to perhaps speak with a lawyer who might be able to explain the legal side of things. If you would like to talk more in detail and share more about how we can help specifically, please call or chat soon.
    Our contact information is 1-800-RUNAWAY (786-2929); www.1800runaway.org (click on the chat button).
    If you are at risk of any danger or feeling unsafe, we encourage you to reach out to 911 or seek emergency assistance immediately.
    We hope to hear from you soon.
    Be safe, NRS

Guest replied
    I have been waiting for a court date & my probation wants to talk to me next Friday about walking out at school and I’m afraid they make me go in and wait till court but then the judge will probably make me serve the 295 days I have over my head... I’m pregnant and I don’t want to turn myself in if I run away and don’t come back how would I go to my baby’s appointments without being noticed?

Leave a comment:

• ccsmod13
    Hello,

Thank you so much for reaching out to us. It was really resourceful of you to ask for input before you took action.

We are not legal experts, and cannot give legal advice. We also do not know the terms of your probation, as these will vary from case to case. But even though you are a legal adult in most states, being on probation can definitely make leaving home more complicated.
    The only way to know the answer to your question for sure is by speaking with your probation officer. He or she will know the terms of your probation, and can tell you whether you are able to leave your parents’ home without breaking it.

In addition to whether you are required to stay in your parents’ home, you will also need to consider how you would attend future court hearings and meetings with your probation officer in your new location.
    If leaving home is in violation of your probation, and you are caught, this would likely result in even more serious legal consequences. Running away from home can make a person more vulnerable to being picked up by the police, particularly if they have nowhere safe to stay. For a person on probation, this is even more serious.

Thank you again for asking this question, we know asking for help isn’t always easy. If you would like to discuss your options further, we are always here, 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. You can call us at 1-800-RUNAWAY (786-2929), or chat with us on our website https://www.1800runaway.org/. We’re here to listen, and here to help.

Guest replied
    If I Am 18 On Juvenile probation and I ran away from my parents home Would I be Violating Probation?

Leave a comment:

• ccsmod1
    Hey there,

Thanks so much for reaching out and sharing a little bit about what's going on, we know that it takes a lot of courage. We aren't legal experts here at NRS, but generally speaking, running away is considered a status offense, meaning that it isn't illegal but something that can't be done under the age of 18. Running away may violate the conditions of your probation, which could be considered a crime and may have punitive consequences. It may be beneficial to reach out to your probation officer/caseworker about the limitations set by your probation.

If you’d like to go over what’s going on in depth, or if you’d like to explore other options that you may have available to you, please don’t hesitate to call us at 1-800-RUNAWAY. You can also chat us by clicking on the “CHAT” button on top of our homepage. We’re open 24/7 and here to listen and support you in any way we can.

Stay safe,
    NRS
Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
Auto-Saved
x
Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
x
x
Working...
X