Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Guest replied
    I'm 15 last month I went to court and the judge told me to not run away again and I said wouldn't. I ran away 6 times during the month and today I have court again what will happen if they find out I ran away again? What would they do?

Leave a comment:

• ccsmod5
    commented on Guest's reply
    Hi,
    Thanks for reaching out. We’re not legal experts but generally speaking leaving the state without express permission from your probation officer could result in some disciplinary action. Beyond that, we are uncertain of what might happen. We encourage you to reach out to your probation officer for more detailed information.
    Thank you again for reaching out. We hope this was helpful and we encourage you to reach out by phone if you need additional resources or need help figuring out your options. Our number is 1-800-786-2929 and our lines are always open. If you have a moment, we'd appreciate your feedback of our crisis services at the following link:
    https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/we_care_what_you_think
    Stay safe!

Guest replied
    Yo so I’m 18 on juvenile probation if I dip out of the state would I be good?

Leave a comment:

• ccsmod15
    Hello, thanks for posting. It sounds like your daughter is in a challenging situation and that can put stress on the whole family.
    We are not legal experts, but if your daughter is on probation and left the state, that may have been a violation so her probation officer may ask her to come and appear at court. Contacting the probation officer may be a good idea to see what is expected of her now that she is back.
    If you or your daughter need any more support or resources feel free to call us 24/7 at 1-800-786-2929 or live chat with us directly 4:30-11:30pm central time and we can discuss options, create a plan together and offer resources like counseling, other supportive hotlines and additional legal aid If needed.
    Best of luck with this tough situation and feel free to call us any time: 1-800-RUNAWAY.

Guest replied
    Hi my daughter is or was on probation she ran away at 16 she had just had her son now she's came back to California and they say she has a warrant still for probation what do u think will happen

Leave a comment:

• ccsmod3
    Hi there,

Thank you for reaching out to the National Runaway Safeline. It sounds like you’ve been going through such a tough and stressful time, but we are here to support you and help you in any way we can.

We’re not legal experts here at NRS, so we can’t say for sure what would happen when you return to Iowa. If there is a warrant out for your arrest, or if you broke parole, you may face consequences for that when you return. You could consider calling your local nonemergency police department to ask about their policies. We also have legal aid resources here if you have specific questions about the laws in your state.

There are also many resources that could help you get to a safe place if you’re in need, help you talk through what’s been going on, or help you with anything else you may need. If you want to talk more about what’s been going on, or if you would like more information about resources, you can call us at 1-800-RUNAWAY (1-800-786-2929) or chat with us online.

Again, thank you for contacting us. It sounds like you’ve been going through a really hard time, but you’ve shown a lot of strength by working through these challenges and reaching out for help. If you ever need anything in the future, please feel free to call us or chat with us online. We’re always here to listen and here to help.

-NRS

Guest replied
    I'm 17 Turning 18 I August, I'm From Iowa I Was Charged With Petty Theft, Failure To Disperse, And Disorderly Conduct I Moved To Texas And My Probation Officer Knew About Me Moving When I Return At 18 What Could Happen?

Leave a comment:

• ccsmod4
    replied
    Reply: Hi I’m on probation

Hello,
    Thank you for writing to us here at the National Runaway Safeline.

We understand it takes great courage to reach out, and we appreciate you sharing a little bit about what’s going on.
    We want you to know that we are here as support to help you through this challenging time. We can best help by phone or chat as NRS is unable to respond more than twice by email or bulletin for assistance. If you would like to talk more in detail and share more about how we can help specifically, please call or chat soon.

Our contact information is 1-800-RUNAWAY (786-2929); www.1800runaway.org (click on the chat button).

If you are at risk of any danger or feeling unsafe, we encourage you to reach out to or seek emergency assistance immediately.
    We hope to hear from you soon.

Be safe,
    NRS

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    Hi I’m on probation and just got 3 citation for possession of an inhalant. I’m in felony probation and it’s through drug court. I’m thinking about running because I don’t want to get back to jail.
    Last edited by ccsmod4; 11-10-2017, 02:13 AM.

Leave a comment:

• ccsmod4
    replied
    Reply: Hi. I'm 17 and currently living in Georgia

Hello,
    Thanks for contacting the National Runaway Safeline.

We appreciate you sharing a little bit about what’s going on.
    We unfortunately are not legal experts and have no knowledge of the terms or conditions of which you were given parole. You might consider contacting a legal represenitive such as a lawyer about your situation.
    We can best help by phone or chat as NRS is unable to respond more than twice by email or bulletin for assistance. We may be able to assist you with locating legal aid services in your area.
    If you would like to talk more in detail and share more about how we can help specifically, please call or chat soon.

Our contact information is 1-800-RUNAWAY (786-2929) or www.1800Runaway.org.

Again tell us what it is you would like us to help you with and we will be happy to explore some options with you.
    NRS is here to listen and here to help.
    We hope to hear from you soon.

Take care,
    NRS

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    Hi. I'm 17 and currently living in Georgia with my girl friend. I've been placed on probation for a year. And I wanted to know if I can get away with not showing up and still stay in the state??. I don't want to have to leave the state. But I will if necessary. How likely are they to find me if I stay in the state?.

Leave a comment:

• ccsmod10
    Hi there,

Thank you for being able to reach out to us here at the National Runaway Safeline. We want you to know that we are here to listen and to help in the best way that we can.

Unfortunately, we at NRS are not legal experts. We know basic information on runaway laws, but you did mention that you’re on probation, that will most likely effect the outcomes. In most cases, youth cannot be arrested for running away after the parent or guardian makes a runaway report. Generally, that runaway report doesn’t stay on minors records, nor does it carry over once the youth turn 18. It may be different for your situation. We do offer to call out to local police with youth, if you could call into our safeline, we are more than happy to make that call with you. That way we can find out exactly what could happen if you runaway, plus we are confidential, so we would never ask your name. We also can look up legal aid resources for you, if you need a legal experts opinion.

If you’d like to talk more about what’s making you think about running away, or if you want more information on our services, don’t hesitate to reach out to us again. Our lines are open 24/7 and we can be reached at 1-800-RUNAWAY (786-2929). We also have a live chat program that is available every day from 4:30 PM until 11:30 PM CST. We wish you the best of luck and hope to hear from you soon.

Stay strong,

NRS

Guest replied
    What happens if I go on the run on parole and turn myself in they day before I turn 18? Will anything carry over into my adulthood?

Leave a comment:

• ccsmod0
    Hello, Thank you for taking the time to write to us here at the National Runaway Safeline. It sounds like you have a history within the juvenile justice system. We want you to know that we are not legal experts and it sounds like you might need the help from a legal professional. Since you have a history of running away and not following the guidelines of your probation your options might be limited. We understand how scary this whole situation may be for you but we want you to know that you are not alone.
    As mentioned we are not legal experts and we do not want to give you the wrong information. I f you would like us to local some local legal representation for you please give us a call. 1-800-786-2929
    Best wishes,
    NRS

Guest replied
    im 17 in three weeks, i was charged with runaway last year and was put on house arrest, i cut off my moniter and ran again, i went to an evaluation center for 2 months.and then when they sent me back home.. i ran again so they finally realized i could be being abused. they let me stay with my aunt on one year of probation. i have 3 months left but shes talking about putting me back into the system due to sneaking around etc.if that happens ill be in a group home until im 18. I was wondering what are my options.. if i do run away again and stay gone until im 18, what will happen? im just scared right now.

Leave a comment:

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
Auto-Saved
x
Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
x
x
Working...
X