Teen couple about to be homeless ! !

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Teen couple about to be homeless ! !

my fiance and i have been through some struggles the past few years. he gets out of jail for something he didnt do next month. he is 19, im 17. my family dont want me, or "us" and his family dont want us either. we love each other and we want to get married and start off new somewhere else. what can i do ? if we got married, is there anyway i could recieve financial aide ? please help, we're about to be homeless...

Re: Teen couple about to be homeless ! !

Hello,

Thank you for contacting the National Runaway Switchboard and we hope we can be of service to you in this time of need. We certainly appreciate you taking the time to reach out for some ideas for ways to get some help with your situation. It is so sad to hear that your parents are not willing to do much to support your decisions and we empathize with your situation. There is not a whole lot of places out there that is able to assist with financial aid for married couples but shelters do offer a place to stay and help you out with employment. Shelters are known to provide counseling for a range of different issues and basic support services. If you are interested in calling us for referrals you can reach us from any pay phone 24 hours a day at 1800runaway. We are not sure where you are so we are not able to look up resources for you but if you give us a city and state we can do that for you. However, we are here to listen and our liners are all trained to help you locate places that you are able to live until you figure out where you are going to go from there. You are welcomed to call the Covenant House Nineline at 1800-999-999 for assistance or United Way 211. We look forward to hearing from you. Good luck.

-NRS
    Please remember you can reach us directly by calling our 24 hour hotline, 1-800-RUNAWAY (786-2929) or through our Live Chat.

National Runaway Safeline
    [email protected] (Crisis Email)
    1-800-RUNAWAY (24 Hour Hotline)

Tell us what you think about your experience!
    https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/YourOpinionMattersToUs

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
    Auto-Saved
    x
    Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
    x
    x
    Working...
    X