No announcement yet.

17 california run away rights

  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Im at 17 currently left home and is on the run from cps and my mom . Can I legally leave to be on own .


    • ccsmod15
      ccsmod15 commented
      Editing a comment
      Hello! Thank you so much for reaching out.

      You mentioned that you are a runaway from CPS and your mom. We cared about your safety, and we want to make sure that you’re okay. Unfortunately we aren’t legal experts, but in most states anyone under 18 is considered a minor, meaning your mom can contact the authorities and file a runaway report. Whoever you end up staying with, may face some charges for harboring a runaway. An option you can explore would be to wait until you’re of legal age, and talk to your parents then about wanting to move out on your own. With you being 17, it is a gray area since you’re still a minor, you may want to consider reaching out to your local non-emergency phone number, and inquire about runaway laws in your area.

      If there is physical abuse going on in the home, you guys can report it over the phone by contacting the national Child Abuse hotline at 1800) 422-4453. Someone will contact you within 48 hours after filing the report. In the same way, if you ever want to talk to someone like a counselor about what you are going through, you have options. You can contact the National Alliance on Mental Illness at 1800) 950-6264 and speak with a counselor.

      We hope that these options can be of some help to you. If you need additional help, or want us to reach out somewhere on your behalf, you can call us 24/7 at 1800)786-2929. Best of luck!
Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove