I need some help..

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I need some help..

Ok.. I don't know any places like this in Norwegian, so I will try to talk to you.
    I am a Norwegian girl on 19 years old. I have run away one time before, right after I was 18. The police found me in an other city, and send me back to my city and a psychiatric hospital. I can understand way the police could take me and send me back after I was 18. Can the do that if I run away again. I am soon 20, and I realy need to get away.
    There was a norwegian girl that ran away for a week ago. She was 17, and was away for a week before the police got her.
    I don't think there is any rules for running away here, and i am over 18 years...
    Can my parents or the police send me back to psychiatric hospital if they find me?

Re: I need some help..

Hello,

Thank you for reaching out to us in this time of need and we recognize this to be a very difficult time for you. The rules for runaways vary from state to state, so it is difficult to say exactly what the rules are where you are. Generally, the age of adulthood in most states is 18 and in most states it is not a crime to runaway from home. When someone under the 18 runs away in some states, it is usually the right of the parent to file a runaway report and that gives the minor the status of a runaway with the local police until that child returns home or if the parent was to remove the report.

On the other hand, it sounds like you have had some issues surrounding this issue but you are also legally at an adult age, so we are not certain as to why the cops got involved. Did your parents feared for your safety? It does not make you a runaway in some places if you are over 18 so it is best to find out from the local police or other legal services what the laws are in your state. The fact that you ran away before at 18 does not put you in the realm of runaway and as you are now 19 it makes it even harder to get the police to pay attention to your case if your parents called them to file a report. Did your parents filed a runaway report with your local police?

You are in a position to do a lot more with your freedom at the age you are unless your parents were concerned for you for other reasons but it is naturally your right to do what you want when you are 18. What reasons do your parents have for why they choose to send you to a psychiatric hospital? The police cannot send you back to a hospital if you did not run from a hospital and your parents no longer has rights over you since you are an adult unless that was the case in your state. You are welcome to call us for information to legal services in your state and we have ways to connect you to people with your language because we use tele-interpreters to talk to our callers. You can reach us at 1800Runaway and we are here 24 hours a day to assist you with your situation. Until we hear from you try to remain safe and stay empowered. Good luck.

-NRS
    Please remember you can reach us directly by calling our 24 hour hotline, 1-800-RUNAWAY (786-2929) or through our Live Chat.

National Runaway Safeline
    [email protected] (Crisis Email)
    1-800-RUNAWAY (24 Hour Hotline)

Tell us what you think about your experience!
    https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/YourOpinionMattersToUs

Comment

Well... The problem is that I am not in the USA. I am norwegian... :s
      Don't think my parent filled out any reports. Some doctors called the police, and told them I had runaway, and that I was suicidal. I was just comeback from 3 weeks at psychiatric hospital. Been home for 9 days or so. So they put me back in the psychiatric hospital with force...
      So unless there is a danger for my life they can't fill out runaway report..? Since I am 19... The age of adulthood in Norway is 18 years...
      Thank you for answering, don't think I got enough money to call you, it will be expencive since I am from and in Norway.

Comment

Hi,
        your post was a little confusing to us but we will try to answer as best we can.
        If you are saying the age of majority is in fact 18yrs of age it would seem at 19yrs of age you could not be considered a runaway but if you have not been seen and your disapearance falls under suspicion you might be considered missing and a missing persons report would be the option available. Is it possible you were admitted
        by your parents into a psychiatric facility because they felt you posed a danger to yourself and filed paper work to become guardians over you concerning your welfare?
        We hope this clears some things up for you and wish you the best with your situation.

sincerely,
        nrs
        Please remember you can reach us directly by calling our 24 hour hotline, 1-800-RUNAWAY (786-2929) or through our Live Chat.

National Runaway Safeline
        [email protected] (Crisis Email)
        1-800-RUNAWAY (24 Hour Hotline)

Tell us what you think about your experience!
        https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/YourOpinionMattersToUs

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
        Auto-Saved
        x
        Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
        x
        x
        Working...
        X