No announcement yet.

Medical Attention

  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • ccsmod3
    commented on Guest's reply
    Hey there. Thanks for contacting NRS. We know that it can take a lot of courage to reach out for support, and we're glad you took that step.

    We're sorry to hear that you're not feeling well. However, because we're not medical professionals, we aren't in a position to offer medical advice. It sounds like it might be a good idea for you to seek medical attention, and the ER is usually a good place to start. By law, they have to see you and treat you. We understand that this might be problematic for you since you're a minor and because you're a runaway, but if you need medical care, it's important to prioritize that for your overall wellbeing.

    If you'd like to chat in more detail, please feel free to reach out to us directly by calling 1-800-RUNAWAY or through our live chat at We're available 24/7 and are always happy to listen, and to help.

    We hope you feel better soon.


  • Guest's Avatar
    Guest replied
    I bleached my hair I’m a 16 year old male run away and my face has generated a bad rash with a fever and head pain

    Leave a comment:

  • ccsmod5
    Re: Medical Attention

    Thanks for reaching out to us at our bulletin boards. Sounds like you're trying to take all the proper steps to taking care of yourself. That's good to hear.

    So if you're looking for health care resources, because you are a minor it may be difficult to attain those. Every hospital and clinic have different poicies with that but most times they will not see anyone under the age of 18 or people without IDs. Again, don't quote us but maybe there are some clinics that don't need ID or care how old you are. Those kinds of agencies are normally in big cities. In what city and state are you?

    It's great to hear that things are finally stable for you but as a minor, health care, education and empolyment are usually struggles for folks that run away from home. What happened at home that you can't be there? Do your gaurdians know where you are and is there a runaway report on you? Is there an adult that you live with that would be willing to take you to a clinic and see if that could help you get services through their health insurance?

    That's another thing: health care is expensive and if you don't have any, there would be another struggle.

    Here is a youth legal advocacy organization that could probably answer some of those things if our ideas can't help:

    Justice for Children

    If you're willing and able to call our hotline, we may be able to explore more options for you. We're available at 1800-RUNAWAY (786-2929). That's available 24/7 and our live chat service (where you can chat with a crisis chatter) is available every day from 430pm-1130pm.

    Best of luck,

    Leave a comment:

  • Guest's Avatar
    Guest started a topic Medical Attention

    Medical Attention

    I am a 16 year old runaway with absolutely no form of identification. If required, how would I go about getting medical treatment. Say I got sick or something serious happened and I needed to go to the E.R.. Would I be able to do this?

    I am finally living in a very stable and safe home and do not want anyone to find out where I am and make me return to my parents so I'm trying to figure this out.

    Thanks for the help.
Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove