Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Guest replied
    I need to get away form my parents , my mom threatened to hit me with a paddle. she has also made my whole leg black and blue . please help me ,

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    My mother is an immigrant and she thinks I have to follow every rule by the book. My father just instigates our fights and arguments and I really hate them both. They physically beat me and I hate them with all my heart. I'm this close to doing something bad... I'm really at my breaking point.

Leave a comment:

• ccsmod9
    commented on Guest's reply
    Hi there,
    Thank you for writing to us here at National Runaway Safeline (NRS). We understand it takes great courage to reach out, and we appreciate you sharing a little bit about what’s going on. It sounds like you’re quite overwhelmed by things at home right now and you mentioned being harmed. We’re sorry you’re going through this. You don't deserve to be hurt in any way. If you are at risk of any danger or feeling unsafe, we encourage you to reach out to 911 or seek emergency assistance immediately. You may also be able to report any mistreatment to CPS. Child Help USA 1-800-422-4453 www.childhelp.org is an organization that helps protect minors from being harmed. It may also be a good place to explore options for staying with another family member or someone you trust as far as transferring custody.
    Often, having a safe space to share how you’re feeling may bring a variety of solutions previously not thought of. You are not alone in this. We want you to know that we are here as support to help you through this challenging time.
    If you would like to talk more in detail please chat soon through our website www.1800runaway.org (click on the chat button) if you are unable to call in. We unfortunately cannot give advice as we are non-directive. You know your situation best
    We hope to hear from you soon.
    Be safe,
    NRS

Guest replied
    I live in Texas and my dad and mom get over the little stuff then my dad will just start beating me he once beat me for not doing good on a baseball game he kneed me in my chest today no it's bruised I can bearly breath I just want to move with my mom

Leave a comment:

• ccsmod7
    Hi there, thanks for reaching out today. That has to be frustrating that your step dad smokes weed, and does not listen when you tell him about how you feel. That has to be hard to deal with.

So emancipation is the court process of becoming a legal adult that usually requires fees and proof of income to show the judge that you are able to support yourself. So your step dad smoking weed might not be grounds for emancipation. However, if he is smoking at your home and it is negatively affecting you, you do have the right to report it to Child Protective Services. It is hard to say what could happen if you were to report that, to learn about what could happen you might reach out to the expert child advocates at Child Help 1-800-422-4453.

If you would like to talk more about your situation and help with brainstorming your options please do not hesitate to call or chat us: 1-800-RUNAWAY; www.1800runaway.org.

Best,

NRS

Guest replied
    I need some help

My step dad smokes weed and I told him multiple times I had an issue with it. He continues to do it and my family doesn't care. I wanted to know if that is a suitable cause for me to get emancipated.

Leave a comment:

• ccsmod4
    replied
    Reply: I need to get from my parents

Hello,
    Thank you for writing to us here at the National Runaway Safeline.

We understand it takes great courage to reach out, and we appreciate you sharing a little bit about what’s going on.

We want you to know that we are here as support to help you through this challenging time. We can best help by phone or chat as NRS is unable to respond more than twice by email or bulletin for assistance. If you would like to talk more in detail and share more about how we can help specifically, please call or chat soon.

Our contact information is 1-800-RUNAWAY (786-2929); www.1800runaway.org (click on the chat button).
    If you are at risk of any danger or feeling unsafe, we encourage you to reach out to or seek emergency assistance immediately.

Take care,
    NRS

We hope this response was helpful! We’d love to hear from you about your experience using our crisis email/forum. Your feedback plays an important role in helping us improve our services to youth and families. Please click the link to fill out our survey: Your Opinion Matters to Us

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    I need to get from my parents . she wants to send me to juvenile were people don't care plus she is and tried to kick me out the house several times PLEASE HELP ME I'M FREAKING OUT

Leave a comment:

• ccsmod8
    Hello there -

Thank you for reaching out to us here on out public platform. It's clear from your post that you are thinking about trying to get emancipated and become independent from your family. If you were looking into emancipation we can give you some general knowledge of that process, but we are not legal experts. Those laws regarding emancipation are different in every state and not every state even recognizes emancipation, so we can’t tell you exactly how it works just that you have to be 16 years or older to even file. What we know is that getting emancipated by the court is a process that does take a while. There also needs to be proof that the youth is able to support him or herself on their own. Other requirements sometime indicate that they have had to have lived independently from their parents for a certain amount of time or that they don’t mind if you move out, wishes to be free from parental control, has an acceptable plan for independent living, and be able to manage their own financial affairs. So it doesn't look like there is going to be a fast track to getting emancipated or website because it does go through the court system and you will have to wait for a judge to see you and hear your case.

For more information about your situation and to check and see if emancipation is an option for your city and state, but please reach out to us here on our 24 hour hotline.
    Last edited by ccsmod8; 04-15-2019, 03:14 PM.

Guest replied
    [QUOTE=missunderstood;n1185]i really need to know how to get emancipated. Both of my parents drive me nuts and i just want to be independent and move to a city for more opportunitys and to live with my friends mom who is amazing and helps me a lot

Leave a comment:

• ccsmod4
    replied
    Reply: Hi I’m 14 years old

Hello,
    Thank you for writing to us here at the National Runaway Safeline.

We understand it takes great courage to reach out, and we appreciate you sharing a little bit about what’s going on. We would like to be of assistance to you if we can.
    It sounds like things have become frustrating for you at home. We understand that sometimes things become overwhelming and hard to cope with.
    It is times like these that would be nice to have a listening ear. It is also important that you remember to exercise self- care. You show some by reaching out to NRS. Good for you.
    We want you to know that we are here as support to help you through this challenging time. We can best help by phone or chat so that we might learn a little more about your situation and how we might assist you. If you would like to talk more in detail and share more about how we can help specifically, please call or chat soon.

Our contact information is 1-800-RUNAWAY (786-2929); www.1800runaway.org (click on the chat button).

Take care,
    NRS

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    Hi I’m 14 years old and I really can’t take my house anymore they make me depressed and I want another family to take care of me until my family cop on.
    Last edited by ccsmod4; 04-13-2019, 07:36 AM.

Leave a comment:

• ccsmod1
    Hey there,

Thanks so much for contacting us, it takes a lot of courage to reach out and share your story. It must be really hard to live in a home with so much tension. You should be able to live in a home where you feel safe and secure and where your thoughts and feelings are acknowledged and taken seriously.

You mentioned some things about your mom and dad grab you and throw you around. This raises some concern for your safety and well-being. Absolutely no one deserves to be abused like this. If you are at risk of any danger or feeling unsafe, you can reach out to 911 or seek emergency assistance. You mentioned that you are still in a great deal of pain; we highly encourage you to seek medical attention immediately for these injuries. We want you to know that you have the right to report what has been happening. If you feel like this is an option you want to explore, you may find this website helpful: https://www.childhelp.org/child-abuse/. You can also tell your therapist or any school personnel about the abuse and they can help you file a report as well. If you'd like you can call us at 1-800-RUNAWAY and we can help you file a report if that’s the route you are considering. It may also be a good idea to explore options for staying with another family member or someone you trust as far as transferring custody.

If you’d like to go over what’s going on in depth, or if you’d like to explore other options that you may have available to you, please don’t hesitate to call us at 1-800-RUNAWAY. You can also chat us by clicking on the “CHAT” button on top of our homepage. We’re open 24/7 and here to listen and support you in any way we can.

All the best,
    NRS

Guest replied
    I am 17 and live in Minnesota. I've always hated my mom for her belittling, attacking, controlling, and condescending me. She is always finding ways to make me feel horrible and to yell at me. I do very well in school and am a generally good kid who doesn't do drugs or disobey any of her rules. She is constantly being cruel to me. I've tried to talk to her about several times, especially this year, as it's been much worse since my brother went off to college.

Today, I tried to talk to her about how I feel when she treats me like this, even using a template my therapist gave me (my mother sent me to therapy to "fix" me because I'm "crazy" according to her). My mother didn't listen, so I wrote out what I was saying and she barely glanced at it before making fun of me for writing it. My dad, who is occasionally a more neutral, calm force, read it. Neither of them did anything though, and she continued to treat me horribly immediately after putting down the paper. I tried to talk to her about it civilly at first. When that didn't work, I sat in front of the TV when my parents were watching to have a conversation and get somewhere with our relationship. My mom first tried to yank me up and throw me around, but I'm stronger than her so I remained sitting. My dad, who is six feet tall and 160 pounds (I'm 110 pounds 5'7"), then grabbed me and threw me around. He has done this before plenty of times. He put me in a headlock and pushed me directly into the ground; my back cracked severely and loudly and he tried to drag me upstairs. I couldn't breathe for some reason and my back felt the worse pain I've ever felt. I don't know what happened, but I could barely make it to my room and I still can't breathe in deeply or move because my back hurts too much.

I would like to get out of this house or at least get my parents to listen to me and not hurt me but I don't know how.

Leave a comment:

• ccsmod15
    Thank you for reaching out to the National Runaway Safeline. That sounds so stressful and hurtful to have your step mother treating you that way and affecting your father’s view of you. It sounds like you’ve been going through such a tough time, and we are here to support you and help you in any way we can.

We want you to know that no one deserves to be abused, and you should not have to go through that. If you haven’t already, you could consider reporting the abuse you’ve been experiencing. If you want more information about abuse reporting or if you want to file a report, you could call Child Help at 1-800-422-4453 or you could call us at 1-800-RUNAWAY (1-800-786-2929) or chat with us online. We also want you to know that if you ever feel that you are in danger, you could call 911 for immediate help.

If you haven’t already, you could consider reaching out to a trusted adult, relative, worker/teacher/counselor at your school for help and support. You could also consider talking to your parents about how you’ve been feeling or having another trusted adult help you talk with them. Just so you’re aware, we have a conference calling service here where we could help mediate a conversation between you and your parents.

We can’t tell you exactly what to do in your situation, but we are definitely here to support you, talk with you about what’s going on and help you explore your options. If you want to talk with someone more about this, you can call us at 1-800-RUNAWAY (1-800-786-2929) or chat with us online.

It sounds like all of your struggles are making you consider leaving home. If you do decide to leave home, you could consider thinking about ways to make sure you stay safe. You could explore ways you would pay for food, shelter, clothing and other necessary things. You could think about how long you would stay away, where you would stay, and what things would be like when you return. You could consider what you would do if you felt that you were in danger or had an emergency.

There are also many resources that could help you with anything else you may need. If you want to talk more about what’s been going on, or if you would like more information about resources, you can call us at 1-800-RUNAWAY (1-800-786-2929) or chat with us online.

Again, thank you for contacting us. It sounds like you’ve been going through a really hard time, but you’ve shown a lot of strength by working through these challenges and reaching out for help. If you ever need anything in the future, please feel free to call us or chat with us online. We’re always here to listen and here to help.
Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
Auto-Saved
x
Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
x
x
Working...
X