No announcement yet.

i need to get away from my parents!!!!

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• So I'm 15 almost 16 i have struggled with depression PTSD anxiety and ive been addicted to selfharm. I've been been in nine different mental facilities in the course of ten months I've been home for about six months now and things are starting to go back to the way they were there is a lot of verbal abuse and besides school and work I really never get to leave the house. I've have been starting to have thoughts about self harm and suicide once again the last ten months were very traumatic for me and I would really like to finish school but I fear that the longer I stay here the closer I'm getting to going back. I hope you can help me

Comment

• ccsmod6
      ccsmod6 commented
      Editing a comment
      Hello and thank you for reaching out to the National Runaway Safeline. What you’ve gone through sounds like it was an intensely stressful and traumatic several months. It is no wonder that you are looking for options and it shows a level of strength and courage to be able to ask for help from that kind of situation. It sounds like you’ve done a great deal of work to tackle the mental health issues you’ve been struggling with and that is truly commendable. It must be frustrating that it seems like the other people in your living situation are not helping you create the kind of environment you need to thrive.

We would be happy to talk to you about the specifics of what you’re going through. We could also talk about what resources might be available to you in terms of mental health or transitional programs. We can talk about coping or how to handle remaining in your current situation. We can also talk about what other options there might be, too. Please don’t hesitate to call us on our 24/7 hotline 1-800-786-2929 or chat us at 1800runaway.org.

Take care,
      NRS

• i hate my parents and their new friend. right now my parents are out of town and left my moms friend in charge but today I had to stay after school to finish work because the end of the semester is Friday but I couldn't call them because my phone was about to die. when I got home she just started yelling at me and telling me that im a sneaky child. and she was calling me a lair, I didn't lie was gonna call her when I could. but she told my mom and now im grounded. I wanna run away or something, I cant be in this house any longer.

Comment

• ccsmod15
      ccsmod15 commented
      Editing a comment
      Hello! Thank you so much for reaching out.

You mentioned that your parents left town, and that they left you in charge with one of their friends. It sounds like you guys had a hard altercation among each other, and your mom has grounded you for it. We want you to know that you are not alone, and we are here to help you in any way that we can. We’re not legal experts, but in most states anyone under 18 is considered a minor. If you decide to leave you mom’s home without her permission, she can contact the authorities and file a runaway report. Whoever you end up staying with, can face charges for harboring a runaway. If there is abuse going on in your home, you can contact the national child abuse hotline at 1800) 422-4453. . You can call anonymous, and if necessary, file a child abuse report and someone from child protective services would be in contact within 48 hours.

We hope these options and resources have been of some help. If you need additional sources, or want us to call somewhere on your behalf, you can reach out to us anytime at 1800) 786-2929. Best of luck!

• My parents cause me mental and emotional pain and I want to leave, but i feel that if I live with my friend, their parents will want to know why, and I don’t want to tell them and if I do, they will give me back, and if I tell them and they let me stay, I feel my parents will take me back, I’m only 15 so they have the right to do that

Comment

• ccsmod0
      ccsmod0 commented
      Editing a comment
      Hi there,

You mentioned wanting to know how you can leave home before turning 18. The easiest way to leave home is with your parents' permission. We understand that might be challenging, however, maybe there’s another family member, relative, or a family friend who could help to communicate how you’re feeling to your parents. The second way is through Child Protective Services if safety is a concern. Lastly, you can also look into emancipation options. In most states you need to be at least 16 to be considered and demonstrate that you can support yourself financially and independently. Emancipation often can be a lengthy process and may even cost some money for court fees. We would be happy to look into legal resources if that’s something you are considering.

Please reach out soon so that we may offer support and resources to you. Our number is 1-800-RUNAWAY (786-2929).

Be safe,

NRS

• my dad freaks out on me when I get mad and hits me and then does other things abusive. I need help but I can’t move out because I’m super young and I dont know what to do.

Comment

• ccsmod0
      ccsmod0 commented
      Editing a comment
      Hi there,
      Thank you for writing to us here at National Runaway Safeline (NRS). We understand it takes great courage to reach out, and we appreciate you sharing a little bit about what’s going on. It sounds like you’re quite overwhelmed by things at home right now and you mentioned being harmed. We’re sorry you’re going through this. You don't deserve to be hurt in any way. If you are at risk of any danger or feeling unsafe, we encourage you to reach out to 911 or seek emergency assistance immediately. You may also be able to report any mistreatment to CPS. Child Help USA 1-800-422-4453 www.childhelp.org is an organization that helps protect minors from being harmed. They can tell you more about how CPS could respond to your situation. If you ever need assistance calling out to CPS to make an abuse or neglect report please call is at 1-800-RUNAWAY.
      Often, having a safe space to share how you’re feeling may bring a variety of solutions previously not thought of. You are not alone in this. We want you to know that we are here as support to help you through this challenging time.
      If you would like to talk more in detail please chat soon through our website www.1800runaway.org (click on the chat button) if you are unable to call in. We unfortunately cannot give advice as we are non-directive. You know your situation best
      We hope to hear from you soon.
      Be safe,
      NRS

• If I don’t get taken away tonight I’m gonna burst!!!!

Comment

• ccsmod13
      ccsmod13 commented
      Editing a comment
      Hi there,

Thank you for reaching out to us here at NRS. It sounds like you are really needing to leave home. This is a tough spot to be in and there must be quite a bit of stress at home for you to be feeling like you need to leave as soon as possible.

If you feel like leaving is the right decision for you, we can connect you with youth shelters in your area. You can also contact the National Safe place for somewhere safe to go. All you have to do is text "safe" and your current location to 44357 for the nearest safe place. From there you can be brought to a youth shelter which generally have caseworkers that can help you come up with a short term and long term plan.

If the reason you are needing to leave home is abuse, you can contact the National Child Abuse Hotline or Child Help. Child Help is an organization that advocates for young people in abusive and unhealthy situations. You can contact them at 1-800-422-4453 or go to childhelphotline.org to talk more about the option to make an abuse report and have someone intervene to help you stay safe.

We are available 24/7 to support you and connect you with resources. We can best help by phone or chat as NRS is unable to respond more than twice by email or bulletin for assistance. If you would like to talk more in detail and share more about how we can help specifically, please call or chat soon.

Stay Safe,
      NRS

• I'm only 11 which is very young i know but I hate my dad
    with a burning passion he never says anything positive and
    my mom hates him he always gets into arguments and everybody in
    My family talks bad a out him please i need help im on the verge of committing
    suicide and I have depression so if you can help please do
    ​​​​​
    ​​​​​
    ​​​​​​
    ​​​​​​

Comment

• ccsmod16
      ccsmod16 commented
      Editing a comment
      Hi,
      Thank you for reaching out to us; we are glad that you did. It sounds like you are going through an awful lot due to your dad never being positive and all of the arguments in the house. That’s a very stressful situation and it sounds like your depression is getting worse. We hear you that you are on the verge of committing suicide.

We hope that you will reach out to the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline at 1-800-273-TALK. They really are there for you. You deserve your life and you matter very much. They are ready to help you address the suicidal thoughts which must feel very scary and confusing. If you need help right away, please call 911. You have been very brave and smart to find us and to ask for help, and we really do want to help.

The best way for us to help you is if we can talk together, either by phone or chat. If we can talk, we can listen and help by hearing more about what you are going through and help you discover some options.

You can reach us 24/7 at 1800-786-2929 (1800-runaway) or via live chat through www.1800runaway.org We are here 24/7 to listen and to help. We truly hope to hear from you soon.

NRS

• Hi I am Vanessa from Texas

my father has been physically and verbally abusive to me my brother and my mother he has hit her so many times left her with bruises and blood he has hit me before pulled my hair and slapped my face I hate him so much It’s not fair he is treating me like ********. My mother is always getting abused he is also a cheater and a drinker they fight in the truck in the highway . My father also did something wrong with a under age girl i truly need to get out of him I need help to be safe for once. My father was also naked when I try to defend my mother and my half sister but he hit my half sister

Comment

• ccsmod3
      ccsmod3 commented
      Editing a comment
      Hi there,
      Thank you for writing to us here at National Runaway Safeline (NRS). We understand it takes great courage to reach out, and we appreciate you sharing a little bit about what’s going on. It sounds like you’re quite overwhelmed by things at home right now and you mentioned being harmed. We’re sorry you’re going through this. You don't deserve to be hurt in any way. If you are at risk of any danger or feeling unsafe, we encourage you to reach out to 911 or seek emergency assistance immediately. You may also be able to report any mistreatment to CPS. Child Help USA 1-800-422-4453 www.childhelp.org is an organization that helps protect minors from being harmed. They can tell you more about how CPS could respond to your situation. If you ever need assistance calling out to CPS to make an abuse or neglect report please call is at 1-800-RUNAWAY.
      Often, having a safe space to share how you’re feeling may bring a variety of solutions previously not thought of. You are not alone in this. We want you to know that we are here as support to help you through this challenging time.
      If you would like to talk more in detail please chat soon through our website www.1800runaway.org (click on the chat button) if you are unable to call in. We unfortunately cannot give advice as we are non-directive. You know your situation best
      We hope to hear from you soon.
      Be safe,
      NRS

• I’m 15 and my parents are abusive but sometimes we get into bad arguments and I hate having that happen, I can’t be in foster care, I just have been thro so much that I can be independent . I’m from Virginia and I need advise

Comment

• ccsmod2
      ccsmod2 commented
      Editing a comment
      Hello There,
      Thank you so much for reaching out to The National Runaway Safeline and sharing some of your story with us. It takes great courage to reach out and we are so glad you decided to reach out to us today.
      We are so sorry you are dealing with abusive parents, you do not deserve to be abused. You do have the right to file an abuse report and there are a few ways you can go about doing this. One option to consider would be to contact Child Help: 1800-422-4453, and they can help file an abuse report. Another option would be to contact us and we can help you file a report.
      Another option may be to see if you can stay with friends or family. Your safety is the top concern and if you are ever in immediate danger please contact 911.
      We hope this information will be helpful to you in your situation. If you have any other questions or would like to explore more options please give us a call. We are here 24/7 to listen and to provide support to you. Best of luck!

• I am 18 years old and live in Alabama. Am I able to move out without being called in as a runaway?

Comment

• ccsmod15
      ccsmod15 commented
      Editing a comment
      Hi there,

Thank you for reaching out to National Runaway Safeline. It takes strength to ask for help and we are here for you.

The age of majority in Alabama is 19 years of age. Technically, leaving home under the age of 19 is a status offence so police could potentially bring you back home. However while we aren’t legal experts, often runaway teenagers 18 years of age are not pursued by authorities unless you are in foster care or in the parole system.

NRS is available to help adolescents and youth who are faced with homelessness or are experiencing family or social issues. We can provide referrals for supportive services, shelters, conference call with a parent, or just listen. Either way, you can reach us over the phone at 1-800-786-2929or chat with us live at 1800RUNAWAY.org.

Stay safe and well,

NRS
Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
Auto-Saved
x
Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
x
x
Working...
X