No announcement yet.

i need to get away from my parents!!!!

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I need to get from my parents . she wants to send me to juvenile were people don't care plus she is and tried to kick me out the house several times PLEASE HELP ME I'M FREAKING OUT

Comment

• Reply: I need to get from my parents

Hello,
      Thank you for writing to us here at the National Runaway Safeline.

We understand it takes great courage to reach out, and we appreciate you sharing a little bit about what’s going on.

We want you to know that we are here as support to help you through this challenging time. We can best help by phone or chat as NRS is unable to respond more than twice by email or bulletin for assistance. If you would like to talk more in detail and share more about how we can help specifically, please call or chat soon.

Our contact information is 1-800-RUNAWAY (786-2929); www.1800runaway.org (click on the chat button).
      If you are at risk of any danger or feeling unsafe, we encourage you to reach out to or seek emergency assistance immediately.
      We hope to hear from you soon.

Take care,
      NRS

We hope this response was helpful! We’d love to hear from you about your experience using our crisis email/forum. Your feedback plays an important role in helping us improve our services to youth and families. Please click the link to fill out our survey: Your Opinion Matters to Us
      Please remember you can reach us directly by calling our 24 hour hotline, 1-800-RUNAWAY (786-2929) or through our Live Chat.

National Runaway Safeline
      [email protected] (Crisis Email)
      1-800-RUNAWAY (24 Hour Hotline)

Tell us what you think about your experience!
      https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/YourOpinionMattersToUs

Comment

• I need some help

My step dad smokes weed and I told him multiple times I had an issue with it. He continues to do it and my family doesn't care. I wanted to know if that is a suitable cause for me to get emancipated.

Comment

• ccsmod7
          ccsmod7 commented
          Editing a comment
          Hi there, thanks for reaching out today. That has to be frustrating that your step dad smokes weed, and does not listen when you tell him about how you feel. That has to be hard to deal with.

So emancipation is the court process of becoming a legal adult that usually requires fees and proof of income to show the judge that you are able to support yourself. So your step dad smoking weed might not be grounds for emancipation. However, if he is smoking at your home and it is negatively affecting you, you do have the right to report it to Child Protective Services. It is hard to say what could happen if you were to report that, to learn about what could happen you might reach out to the expert child advocates at Child Help 1-800-422-4453.

If you would like to talk more about your situation and help with brainstorming your options please do not hesitate to call or chat us: 1-800-RUNAWAY; www.1800runaway.org.

Best,

NRS

• I live in Texas and my dad and mom get over the little stuff then my dad will just start beating me he once beat me for not doing good on a baseball game he kneed me in my chest today no it's bruised I can bearly breath I just want to move with my mom

Comment

• ccsmod9
          ccsmod9 commented
          Editing a comment
          Hi there,
          Thank you for writing to us here at National Runaway Safeline (NRS). We understand it takes great courage to reach out, and we appreciate you sharing a little bit about what’s going on. It sounds like you’re quite overwhelmed by things at home right now and you mentioned being harmed. We’re sorry you’re going through this. You don't deserve to be hurt in any way. If you are at risk of any danger or feeling unsafe, we encourage you to reach out to 911 or seek emergency assistance immediately. You may also be able to report any mistreatment to CPS. Child Help USA 1-800-422-4453 www.childhelp.org is an organization that helps protect minors from being harmed. It may also be a good place to explore options for staying with another family member or someone you trust as far as transferring custody.
          Often, having a safe space to share how you’re feeling may bring a variety of solutions previously not thought of. You are not alone in this. We want you to know that we are here as support to help you through this challenging time.
          If you would like to talk more in detail please chat soon through our website www.1800runaway.org (click on the chat button) if you are unable to call in. We unfortunately cannot give advice as we are non-directive. You know your situation best
          Be safe,
          NRS

• My mother is an immigrant and she thinks I have to follow every rule by the book. My father just instigates our fights and arguments and I really hate them both. They physically beat me and I hate them with all my heart. I'm this close to doing something bad... I'm really at my breaking point.

Comment

• ccsmod9
          ccsmod9 commented
          Editing a comment
          Hi there,
          Thank you for writing to us here at National Runaway Safeline (NRS). We understand it takes great courage to reach out, and we appreciate you sharing a little bit about what’s going on. It sounds like you’re quite overwhelmed by things at home right now and you mentioned being harmed. We’re sorry you’re going through this. You don't deserve to be hurt in any way. If you are at risk of any danger or feeling unsafe, we encourage you to reach out to 911 or seek emergency assistance immediately. You may also be able to report any mistreatment to CPS. Child Help USA 1-800-422-4453 www.childhelp.org is an organization that helps protect minors from being harmed. It may also be a good place to explore options for staying with another family member or someone you trust as far as transferring custody.
          Often, having a safe space to share how you’re feeling may bring a variety of solutions previously not thought of. You are not alone in this. We want you to know that we are here as support to help you through this challenging time.
          If you would like to talk more in detail please chat soon through our website www.1800runaway.org (click on the chat button) if you are unable to call in. We unfortunately cannot give advice as we are non-directive. You know your situation best
          Be safe,
          NRS

• I need to get away form my parents , my mom threatened to hit me with a paddle. she has also made my whole leg black and blue . please help me ,

Comment

• ccsmod9
          ccsmod9 commented
          Editing a comment
          Hi there,
          Be safe,
          NRS

• I want to get away from my parents!! They drive me crazy and I just wanna run away my life. Is like hell. I'm 12 years old and I live in Arizona and I don't wanna be here I want to go to my boyfriend who actually loves me... please help!!!

Comment

• ccsmod1
          ccsmod1 commented
          Editing a comment
          Hey there,

Thanks so much for contacting us, it takes a lot of courage to reach out and share your story. It must be really hard to live in a home with so much tension. Running away is a big decision and it can be very stressful to figure out what you want to do.

We aren’t legal experts here at NRS, but generally speaking, if you do opt to leave your home your parents can file a runaway report, which is essentially a missing person report. Running away is a status offense; this means that it isn’t illegal, but it’s something you can’t do while still a minor. If a runaway report is filed and you are located by the authorities you will most likely be returned to your parents.

It’s great to hear that your boyfriend supports you. If you go to stay at his house without prior permission from your parents, your boyfriend could be charged with harboring a runaway, which is a misdemeanor. Penalties for harboring a runaway vary from state to state, police officer to officer, and how your parents view the situation.

If you’d like to go over what’s going on in depth, or if you’d like to explore other options that you may have available to you, please don’t hesitate to call us at 1-800-RUNAWAY. You can also chat us by clicking on the “CHAT” button on top of our homepage. We’re open 24/7 and here to listen and support you in any way we can.

All the best,
          NRS

• So what if I run away and say I don’t want to live in this house will I be able to not go away then

Comment

• ccsmod7
          ccsmod7 commented
          Editing a comment
          Hi there,

Thank you for writing to us here at National Runaway Safeline (NRS). We understand it takes great courage to reach out, and we appreciate you sharing a little bit about what’s going on. We want you to know that we are here as support to help you through this challenging time. We can best help by phone or chat as NRS is unable to respond more than twice by email or bulletin for assistance. We are not quite sure what you mean by your post, if you would like to talk more in detail and share more about how we can help specifically, please call or chat soon.

Our contact information is 1-800-RUNAWAY (786-2929); www.1800runaway.org (click on the chat button).

If you are at risk of any danger or feeling unsafe, we encourage you to reach out to 911 or seek emergency assistance immediately.

Be safe,

NRS

• I HATE my family and I’m sick of there stupid rules and how much they expect from me and how much they make me do. I need somewhere to go when I do run away and I need answers on where to go

Comment

• ccsmod9
          ccsmod9 commented
          Editing a comment
          Hi there,
          Thank you for writing to us here at National Runaway Safeline (NRS). We understand it takes great courage to reach out, and we appreciate you sharing a little bit about what’s going on. We want you to know that we are here as support to help you through this challenging time. We can best help by phone or chat as NRS is unable to respond more than twice by email or bulletin for assistance. If you would like to talk more in detail and share more about how we can help specifically, please call or chat soon.
          If you are at risk of any danger or feeling unsafe, we encourage you to reach out to 911 or seek emergency assistance immediately.
          Be safe, NRS

• my parents are so annoying i cant ever go take a walk by myself because “i’m 14”. i ask them if i can go to a summer camp but they deny it automatically because they don’t have the money for it. i’ve also contacted other relatives that i can see but my parents scared them away because them don’t like them, i feel stuck in my house and i can’t confront them about it because i know they will get mad and take all my privileges away for no reason

Comment

• ccsmod2
          ccsmod2 commented
          Editing a comment
          Hello There,
          Thank you for contacting The National Runaway Safeline, we are here to help and here to listen. It sounds like you are going through a really difficult time right now. Not being able to do things can be frustrating. It may be that your parents care about you and are worried about your safety. You could try talking with your parents and seeing if they will come up with an agreement, maybe letting you walk outside for 5 minutes opposed to not at all. At NRS we offer conference calling where if you call us we can call out to your parents and have a conference call. A conference call allows you to be heard and we are there to provide support.
          We hope this information will be helpful to you in your situation. If you have any other questions or would like to explore options please give us a call. We are here 24/7 to listen and to provide support. We wish you the best of luck!
          NRS

• well ive been getting abused at home by my mom so in ran away to lansing to my god mother house and cps made me come back to this i dont wanna be here i wanna go anywhere but here my mama wont let me get a phone because i keep telling my god mother what she been doing to me i need help and im 13 years old i need some type of device sent here so i can have some proff i dont know what to do.

Comment

• ccsmod2
          ccsmod2 commented
          Editing a comment
          Hello There,
          Thank you for contacting The National Runaway Safeline, we are here to help and here to listen. It sounds like you are going through a difficult time right now. Any type of abuse is not acceptable and you do not deserve that. You can always make an abuse report by calling Child Help at: 1800-422-4453. You can also always call your local police and they would be able to help with making a report.
          We would be unable to send you a device to record what is going on but there may be some options. One option could be to write down everything your mother is doing and the dates that this is happening. Another option is to speak to a school counselor about what is going on, and they may be able to provide you with resources.
          We hope this information will be helpful to you in your situation. If you have any other questions or would like to explore your options please give us a call. Please stay strong you are not alone!
          NRS

• Hello I am dealing with homophobic parents and need an escape so I can get all my needs hair cut, binder, etc... I have the money and the gole I just need an opportunity you see I am 14 and can't be myself without permission, this needs to stop I should be my self with knowone to tell me no. I need help... please.

Comment

• ccsmod2
          ccsmod2 commented
          Editing a comment
          Hello There,

Thank you for contacting The National Runaway Safeline, we are here to help and here to listen. It sounds like you are going through a pretty difficult time right now. It is great that you seem to have a plan, but you are right in general in most states the legal age to leave home is 18 years old. If you were to leave and the police were to find you they most likely would bring you back home. If you need a safe place to go you can call us and we can help you look up shelters. You can also consider talking to a school counselor about what is going on, they may be able to help you explore options.
          We hope this information will be helpful to you in your situation. If you have any more questions or would like to explore options please give us a call. We are here 24/7 to listen and to provide support.
          NRS

• I need out
        I live in Virginia, and I've tried really hard to try to get my mother to respect me a little I've been emotionally, verbally, and physically abused I'm 15 and I've tried everything counselors, family, church friends nothing works is there a way I can get out of my house ?

Comment

• ccsmod4
          ccsmod4 commented
          Editing a comment
          Thank you for writing to us here at National Runaway Safeline (NRS).

With everything that you have been going through at home with your parent’s it took a lot of courage for you to reach out. We appreciate you opening up about your situation. It sounds like you’re quite overwhelmed by things at home right now and you mentioned being harmed. We’re sorry you’re going through this. You don't deserve to be hurt in any way. If you are at risk of any danger or feeling unsafe, we encourage you to reach out to 911 or seek emergency assistance immediately.

We understand that in the past you have reached out to those around you but things have not changed. You may also be able to report any mistreatment to CPS. Child Help USA 1-800-422-4453 www.childhelp.org is an organization that helps protect minors from being harmed. It may also be a good place to explore options for staying with another family member or someone you trust as far as transferring custody.

If you would like to talk more in detail please call 1-800-Runaway (786-2929) or chat soon through our website www.1800runaway.org (click on the chat button) if you are unable to call in.

Just a reminder. If you are at risk of any danger or feeling unsafe, we encourage you to reach out to 9-1-1 or seek emergency assistance immediately.

Be safe,
          NRS

• I need help I don’t want to live with my mom anymore, she always hits me and I hate her.

Comment

• ccsmod2
          ccsmod2 commented
          Editing a comment
          Hello There,
          Thank you for reaching out to The National Runaway Safeline, we are here to help and here to listen. It sounds like you are going through a difficult time right now. You do not deserve to be hit if you feel this is abuse you can contact the Child Help Line at: 1800-422-4453.
          Also you mentioned not wanting to live with your mother anymore we are not legal experts but we do have some information. If you were to leave home as a minor your legal guardian could file a runaway report. If the police do find you they most likely would bring you home. If you do decide to leave home and need somewhere safe to stay you can always call us and we can help you look for shelters or other resources.
          We hope this information will be helpful to you in your situation. If you have any other questions or would like to explore more options please give us a call. We are here 24/7 to listen and provide support. Best of luck!
          NRS

• I want to get out of the house, but I'm only 14 I can't stand my parents and I have at least enough money to make a start living on my own and stuff. All I want to go live anywhere but my parents how, they drive me insane and they won't stop telling me how much of a disappointment I am (or at least implying it). Help maybe??

Comment

• ccsmod2
          ccsmod2 commented
          Editing a comment
          Hello There,
          Thank you for reaching out to The National Runaway Safeline, we are here to help and here to listen. It seems like you are going through a really difficult situation right now.
          We are not legal experts but if you were to leave home without permission your legal guardian could file a runaway report. If the police were to find you they most likely would bring you back home.
          One option to consider is to talk with your school counselor about what is going on in your life. Sometimes it helps to have a person to vent too and have support. Also you could see if any family members or friends would allow you to stay with them for a few days.
          We hope this information will be helpful to you in your situation. If you have any other questions or would like to explore options please give us a call. We are here to help and here to listen 24/7. Best of luck to you!
          NRS
      Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
      Auto-Saved
      x
      Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
      x
      x
      Working...
      X