No announcement yet.

i need to get away from my parents!!!!

Collapse
X
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I don't know what to do...

Hi I live in Washington and I'm 14. My dad and step mom fight all the time and it gets to the point where the cops have come. The biggest problem is my step mom because she always to control all of my choices and doesn't let me have a life. She always puts me down and just today she called me dumb. She also yells at me for no reason and expects too much out of me and treats me unfairly. She has also called me numerous of names in the past, mostly because she is jealous of my biological mom because my dad cheats on her so she takes her anger out on me because I'm her son. She takes my phone away because I was face timing a friend not even a girlfriend which she doesn't allow me to have unless there white and until I'm 18. She also has a strict phone policy for me only, I can't charge my phone in my room but my other brothers can. She always puts me down to the point I feel like a waste of space in this world and sometimes I thought about ending it all. She also doesn't let me hang around my friends a lot of the time because she don't like them or she just says no because I have stuff to do and she lies straight to my face. Please help me I'm still too young to work so I can't move out and I have no money to do anything and I can't make it out of this alone, I need help from you and a person I can call for comfort and pour my love to.
    Last edited by ccsmod4; 11-29-2018, 05:53 AM.

Comment

• Reply:Hi I live in Washington and i'm 14

Hello,
      Thanks for reaching out to the National Runaway Safeline.

It’s too bad that your stepmom treats you as poorly as she says, you don’t deserve the mistreated or put down. This has probably been a most challenging time for you but in spite of her behavior towards you, you have seem to remain quite strong. Good for you. It is a testament of your strength that you are seeking help to cope with the situation.
      You should not be put in the middle of her and your dad’s relationship his behavior is not your burden to carry. It is unfair for anyone to take their anger out on you.

Things sound like they have been pretty frustrating for you but we want you to know we are here to support you during this difficult time. Sometimes people can say some pretty mean things but it can be more of a reflection on their personality not yours. Your feelings matter. You matter
      Let us know how we might help. If you would like to speak more about your situation, please contact us at 1-800-Runaway (786-2929) or www.1800runaway.org (Live Chat).

You might also consider seeking ways to cope, Maybe talking with friends or someone you feel close to.
      Sometimes talking things out can help develop ideas to options not thought of before.

We look forward to hearing from you.

Take care,
      NRS

We hope this response was helpful! We’d love to hear from you about your experience using our crisis email/forum. Your feedback plays an important role in helping us improve our services to youth and families. Please click the link to fill out our survey: Your Opinion Matters to Us

Please remember you can reach us directly by calling our 24 hour hotline, 1-800-RUNAWAY (786-2929) or through our Live Chat.

National Runaway Safeline
      info@1800runaway.org (Crisis Email)
      1-800-RUNAWAY (24 Hour Hotline)

Tell us what you think about your experience!
      https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/YourOpinionMattersToUs

Comment

• I need to get out
        because my parents always hit me and all my body is full of bruises and my mom has something called l like boys more than girls and my brothers treat me like I'm a toy they throw me anywhere and I am a 10 year old so plz help me. Even when I cry they r like I am so happy that u r crying and I live in the UAE I he my county thank u so much plz help.
        Last edited by ccsmod4; 12-18-2018, 07:24 AM.

Comment

• Reply: I need to get out

Hi,
          Thanks for reaching out to the National Runaway Safeline.

It sounds like you are in a tough situation and may be looking for some options to help cope with everything.
          We understand how difficult it must have been to write about what has been happening to you.
          You are very brave for doing so. Good for you.
          NRS would like you to know we are here to support you at your time of need.

It sounds like you’re quite overwhelmed by things at home right now and you mentioned being harmed. We’re sorry you’re going through this. You don't deserve to be hurt in any way. If you are at risk of any danger or feeling unsafe, we encourage you to reach out to seek emergency assistance immediately.

Since it sounds like you are located in a country outside of the USA, you can use this link to find a youth helpline in or around your country: http://www.childhelplineinternationa...where-we-work/

We hope that by reaching out to a local resource, you are able to get the support you need from an organization that understands the laws and circumstances that affect youth in your country.

Take care,
          NRS

We hope this response was helpful! We’d love to hear from you about your experience using our crisis email/forum. Your feedback plays an important role in helping us improve our services to youth and families. Please click the link to fill out our survey: Your Opinion Matters to Us
          Please remember you can reach us directly by calling our 24 hour hotline, 1-800-RUNAWAY (786-2929) or through our Live Chat.

Comment

• I just don't feel at home anymore I don't feel safe anymore with my Mom beating me for everything now it's just so hard but I want to leave I already packed my bags but I'm gonna leave soon.

Comment

• ccsmod9
              ccsmod9 commented
              Editing a comment
              Hi there,
              Thank you for writing to us here at National Runaway Safeline (NRS). We understand it takes great courage to reach out, and we appreciate you sharing a little bit about what’s going on. It seems there is a lot that you are faced with right now and you’re feeling like leaving is one of your only options. It seems you want to know some information on runaway laws.
              While we are not experts on the law, 18 is generally the age that an individual may leave home without parent permission. If you are under 18 and leave home, your parent/guardian may file you as a runaway and you may be returned home. Also, those you stay with may run the risk of being charged with harboring a runaway. For more specifics on the law, the local non-emergency police or legal aid may better answer legal questions.
              We are here as support to help through this challenging time. We can best help by phone or chat as NRS is unable to respond more than twice by email to assist you. If you would like to talk more in detail please call or chat soon.
              Our contact information is 1-800-RUNAWAY (786-2929); www.1800runaway.org (click on the chat button).
              If you are at risk of any danger or feeling unsafe, we encourage you to reach out to 911 or seek emergency assistance immediately.
              Be safe,
              NRS

• Ive tried talking to my parents about it and they didnt fix anything. The emotinally and mentally abuse me and i just want it all to go away, they call me a dumb ass when i get bad grades and a nerd and make fun of me when i get good grades and so much more... They never talk to me unless its to make fun or tell me to do my chores and i hate it... My mom doesn't let me make decisions in life and i just need help getting away.... This is the only thing i can come to unless emacipation but im 16 going on 17 itll be too late by then...

Comment

• ccsmod2
              ccsmod2 commented
              Editing a comment
              Hello There,
              Thank you for contacting The National Runaway Safeline, we are here to help and here to listen. It sounds like you are going through a really difficult time right now. Any type of abuse is unacceptable. If you wish to make an abuse report you can call The Child Helpline at: 1800-422-4453. We know that sometimes making abuse reports can be scary if you would like help in making a report you can always call us and we would be glad to help. You do not deserve to be called those names but just know that is not about you. When your parents say those things about you it’s about them maybe they are going through a difficult time or maybe they are dealing with insecurities. You could consider talking to a school counselor about what is going on sometimes talking to an unbiased person can help us feel better.
              You mentioned that you need to get away. Emancipation is an option, but you are right it does take anywhere from 6 months to a year. If you would like to know more about the emancipation process you can call us and we can provide you with legal aid resources and tell you more about the process in your state. Another option may be to ask your parents if you could stay at a friends or family members house, if they give you consent than it would be legal for you to leave before turning 18.
              We hope this information will be helpful to you in your situation. If you have any other questions or would like to talk more please feel free to give us a call we are here 24/7. Best of luck and please stay strong!
              NRS

• im not a fan when thay him me

Comment

• ccsmod2
              ccsmod2 commented
              Editing a comment
              Hello There,

Thank you for reaching out to The National Runaway Safeline, it is very brave of you to reach out. You do not deserve to be hit, if you would like to report this you can call The Child Helpline at- 1800-422-4453. If you are in immediate danger please call 911. If you would like to talk more in detail or have any more questions please call us at any time, we are here 24/7. Best of luck!
              NRS

• me to i need help

Comment

• ccsmod2
              ccsmod2 commented
              Editing a comment
              Hello There,
              Thank you for reaching out to The National Runaway Safeline, we are here to help and here to listen. For us to be able to help you the best we can we would need to know a little bit more information on your situation. We are able to help by providing referrals and discussing your options. Please give us a call if you would like help exploring options or would like to talk more about your situation. Best of luck!
              NRS

• I can't stand my family and they hate me and I feel like they don't want me around
            Last edited by ccsmod4; 04-05-2019, 01:20 AM.

Comment

• Reply: I can't stand my family

Hello,
              Thank you for writing to us here at the National Runaway Safeline.

We understand it takes great courage to reach out, and we appreciate you sharing a little bit about what’s going on.

We want you to know that we are here as support to help you through this challenging time. We can best help by phone or chat as NRS is unable to respond more than twice by email or bulletin for assistance. If you would like to talk more in detail and share more about how we can help specifically, please call or chat soon.

Our contact information is 1-800-RUNAWAY (786-2929); www.1800runaway.org (click on the chat button).
              If you are at risk of any danger or feeling unsafe, we encourage you to reach out to or seek emergency assistance immediately.
              We hope to hear from you soon.

Take care,
              NRS

Comment

• hello! Im 15 years old, from the state of mass. I have a manipulative stepmother who abuses me mentally and physically. My father is brainwashed by her and cannot bring himself to realize what she is doing. she lies to him all the time, and now he has an image of me that isnt actually me. no matter what i try, i cant get help, its like my last option is to run away! what do I do???

Comment

• ccsmod15
                  ccsmod15 commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Thank you for reaching out to the National Runaway Safeline. That sounds so stressful and hurtful to have your step mother treating you that way and affecting your father’s view of you. It sounds like you’ve been going through such a tough time, and we are here to support you and help you in any way we can.

We want you to know that no one deserves to be abused, and you should not have to go through that. If you haven’t already, you could consider reporting the abuse you’ve been experiencing. If you want more information about abuse reporting or if you want to file a report, you could call Child Help at 1-800-422-4453 or you could call us at 1-800-RUNAWAY (1-800-786-2929) or chat with us online. We also want you to know that if you ever feel that you are in danger, you could call 911 for immediate help.

If you haven’t already, you could consider reaching out to a trusted adult, relative, worker/teacher/counselor at your school for help and support. You could also consider talking to your parents about how you’ve been feeling or having another trusted adult help you talk with them. Just so you’re aware, we have a conference calling service here where we could help mediate a conversation between you and your parents.

We can’t tell you exactly what to do in your situation, but we are definitely here to support you, talk with you about what’s going on and help you explore your options. If you want to talk with someone more about this, you can call us at 1-800-RUNAWAY (1-800-786-2929) or chat with us online.

It sounds like all of your struggles are making you consider leaving home. If you do decide to leave home, you could consider thinking about ways to make sure you stay safe. You could explore ways you would pay for food, shelter, clothing and other necessary things. You could think about how long you would stay away, where you would stay, and what things would be like when you return. You could consider what you would do if you felt that you were in danger or had an emergency.

There are also many resources that could help you with anything else you may need. If you want to talk more about what’s been going on, or if you would like more information about resources, you can call us at 1-800-RUNAWAY (1-800-786-2929) or chat with us online.

Again, thank you for contacting us. It sounds like you’ve been going through a really hard time, but you’ve shown a lot of strength by working through these challenges and reaching out for help. If you ever need anything in the future, please feel free to call us or chat with us online. We’re always here to listen and here to help.

• I am 17 and live in Minnesota. I've always hated my mom for her belittling, attacking, controlling, and condescending me. She is always finding ways to make me feel horrible and to yell at me. I do very well in school and am a generally good kid who doesn't do drugs or disobey any of her rules. She is constantly being cruel to me. I've tried to talk to her about several times, especially this year, as it's been much worse since my brother went off to college.

Today, I tried to talk to her about how I feel when she treats me like this, even using a template my therapist gave me (my mother sent me to therapy to "fix" me because I'm "crazy" according to her). My mother didn't listen, so I wrote out what I was saying and she barely glanced at it before making fun of me for writing it. My dad, who is occasionally a more neutral, calm force, read it. Neither of them did anything though, and she continued to treat me horribly immediately after putting down the paper. I tried to talk to her about it civilly at first. When that didn't work, I sat in front of the TV when my parents were watching to have a conversation and get somewhere with our relationship. My mom first tried to yank me up and throw me around, but I'm stronger than her so I remained sitting. My dad, who is six feet tall and 160 pounds (I'm 110 pounds 5'7"), then grabbed me and threw me around. He has done this before plenty of times. He put me in a headlock and pushed me directly into the ground; my back cracked severely and loudly and he tried to drag me upstairs. I couldn't breathe for some reason and my back felt the worse pain I've ever felt. I don't know what happened, but I could barely make it to my room and I still can't breathe in deeply or move because my back hurts too much.

I would like to get out of this house or at least get my parents to listen to me and not hurt me but I don't know how.

Comment

• ccsmod1
                  ccsmod1 commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Hey there,

Thanks so much for contacting us, it takes a lot of courage to reach out and share your story. It must be really hard to live in a home with so much tension. You should be able to live in a home where you feel safe and secure and where your thoughts and feelings are acknowledged and taken seriously.

You mentioned some things about your mom and dad grab you and throw you around. This raises some concern for your safety and well-being. Absolutely no one deserves to be abused like this. If you are at risk of any danger or feeling unsafe, you can reach out to 911 or seek emergency assistance. You mentioned that you are still in a great deal of pain; we highly encourage you to seek medical attention immediately for these injuries. We want you to know that you have the right to report what has been happening. If you feel like this is an option you want to explore, you may find this website helpful: https://www.childhelp.org/child-abuse/. You can also tell your therapist or any school personnel about the abuse and they can help you file a report as well. If you'd like you can call us at 1-800-RUNAWAY and we can help you file a report if that’s the route you are considering. It may also be a good idea to explore options for staying with another family member or someone you trust as far as transferring custody.

If you’d like to go over what’s going on in depth, or if you’d like to explore other options that you may have available to you, please don’t hesitate to call us at 1-800-RUNAWAY. You can also chat us by clicking on the “CHAT” button on top of our homepage. We’re open 24/7 and here to listen and support you in any way we can.

All the best,
                  NRS

• Hi I’m 14 years old and I really can’t take my house anymore they make me depressed and I want another family to take care of me until my family cop on.
                Last edited by ccsmod4; 04-13-2019, 07:36 AM.

Comment

• Reply: Hi I’m 14 years old

Hello,
                  Thank you for writing to us here at the National Runaway Safeline.

We understand it takes great courage to reach out, and we appreciate you sharing a little bit about what’s going on. We would like to be of assistance to you if we can.
                  It sounds like things have become frustrating for you at home. We understand that sometimes things become overwhelming and hard to cope with.
                  It is times like these that would be nice to have a listening ear. It is also important that you remember to exercise self- care. You show some by reaching out to NRS. Good for you.
                  We want you to know that we are here as support to help you through this challenging time. We can best help by phone or chat so that we might learn a little more about your situation and how we might assist you. If you would like to talk more in detail and share more about how we can help specifically, please call or chat soon.

We hope to hear from you soon.

Take care,
                  NRS

Comment

• [QUOTE=missunderstood;n1185]i really need to know how to get emancipated. Both of my parents drive me nuts and i just want to be independent and move to a city for more opportunitys and to live with my friends mom who is amazing and helps me a lot

Comment

• ccsmod8
                      ccsmod8 commented
                      Editing a comment
                      Hello there -

Thank you for reaching out to us here on out public platform. It's clear from your post that you are thinking about trying to get emancipated and become independent from your family. If you were looking into emancipation we can give you some general knowledge of that process, but we are not legal experts. Those laws regarding emancipation are different in every state and not every state even recognizes emancipation, so we can’t tell you exactly how it works just that you have to be 16 years or older to even file. What we know is that getting emancipated by the court is a process that does take a while. There also needs to be proof that the youth is able to support him or herself on their own. Other requirements sometime indicate that they have had to have lived independently from their parents for a certain amount of time or that they don’t mind if you move out, wishes to be free from parental control, has an acceptable plan for independent living, and be able to manage their own financial affairs. So it doesn't look like there is going to be a fast track to getting emancipated or website because it does go through the court system and you will have to wait for a judge to see you and hear your case.

For more information about your situation and to check and see if emancipation is an option for your city and state, but please reach out to us here on our 24 hour hotline.
                      Last edited by ccsmod8; 04-15-2019, 03:14 PM.
                  Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                  Auto-Saved
                  x
                  Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                  x
                  x
                  Working...
                  X