No announcement yet.

i need to get away from my parents!!!!

Collapse
X
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I don't know what to do...

Hi I live in Washington and I'm 14. My dad and step mom fight all the time and it gets to the point where the cops have come. The biggest problem is my step mom because she always to control all of my choices and doesn't let me have a life. She always puts me down and just today she called me dumb. She also yells at me for no reason and expects too much out of me and treats me unfairly. She has also called me numerous of names in the past, mostly because she is jealous of my biological mom because my dad cheats on her so she takes her anger out on me because I'm her son. She takes my phone away because I was face timing a friend not even a girlfriend which she doesn't allow me to have unless there white and until I'm 18. She also has a strict phone policy for me only, I can't charge my phone in my room but my other brothers can. She always puts me down to the point I feel like a waste of space in this world and sometimes I thought about ending it all. She also doesn't let me hang around my friends a lot of the time because she don't like them or she just says no because I have stuff to do and she lies straight to my face. Please help me I'm still too young to work so I can't move out and I have no money to do anything and I can't make it out of this alone, I need help from you and a person I can call for comfort and pour my love to.
    Last edited by ccsmod4; 11-29-2018, 06:53 AM.

Comment

• Reply:Hi I live in Washington and i'm 14

Hello,
      Thanks for reaching out to the National Runaway Safeline.

It’s too bad that your stepmom treats you as poorly as she says, you don’t deserve the mistreated or put down. This has probably been a most challenging time for you but in spite of her behavior towards you, you have seem to remain quite strong. Good for you. It is a testament of your strength that you are seeking help to cope with the situation.
      You should not be put in the middle of her and your dad’s relationship his behavior is not your burden to carry. It is unfair for anyone to take their anger out on you.

Things sound like they have been pretty frustrating for you but we want you to know we are here to support you during this difficult time. Sometimes people can say some pretty mean things but it can be more of a reflection on their personality not yours. Your feelings matter. You matter
      Let us know how we might help. If you would like to speak more about your situation, please contact us at 1-800-Runaway (786-2929) or www.1800runaway.org (Live Chat).

You might also consider seeking ways to cope, Maybe talking with friends or someone you feel close to.
      Sometimes talking things out can help develop ideas to options not thought of before.

We look forward to hearing from you.

Take care,
      NRS

We hope this response was helpful! We’d love to hear from you about your experience using our crisis email/forum. Your feedback plays an important role in helping us improve our services to youth and families. Please click the link to fill out our survey: Your Opinion Matters to Us

Please remember you can reach us directly by calling our 24 hour hotline, 1-800-RUNAWAY (786-2929) or through our Live Chat.

National Runaway Safeline
      info@1800runaway.org (Crisis Email)
      1-800-RUNAWAY (24 Hour Hotline)

Tell us what you think about your experience!
      https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/YourOpinionMattersToUs

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
      Auto-Saved
      x
      Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
      x
      x
      Working...
      X