X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ccsmod15
    commented on Guest's reply
    Thank you for reaching out to the National Runaway Safeline. It sounds like you’ve been going through such a tough time, but we are here to support you and help you in any way we can. We want you to know that no one deserves to experience violence, and you should not have to go through that. That sounds so exhausting and hard to have that family conflict and be treated that way by your family.

We want you to know that you are worth it, and that there is hope for you. We want you to know that if you ever feel that you are in danger, you could call 911 for immediate help. If you ever feel that you are in danger of hurting or killing yourself, you could call the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline (1-800-273-8255; suicidepreventionlifeline.org) or call us at 1-800-RUNAWAY (1-800-786-2929) or chat with us online.

Also, if you haven’t already, you could consider reporting the way you’ve been treated. If you want more information about abuse reporting or if you want to file a report, you could call Child Help at 1-800-422-4453 or you could call us at 1-800-RUNAWAY (1-800-786-2929) or chat with us online.

If you haven’t already, you could consider reaching out to a trusted adult, relative, worker/teacher/counselor at your school for help and support. If you haven’t, you could also consider talking to your parents about how you’ve been feeling or having someone else help you talk to them.

There are also many resources that could help you or help you with anything else you may need. If you want to talk more about what’s been going on, or if you would like more information about resources, you can call us at 1-800-RUNAWAY (1-800-786-2929) or chat with us online.

Again, thank you or contacting us. It sounds like you’ve been going through a really hard time, but you’ve shown a lot of strength by working through these challenges and reaching out for help. If you ever need anything in the future, please feel free to call us or chat with us online. We’re always here to listen and here to help.

Guest replied
    Everyday is ALWAYS a living HELL and it always gets worse! I'm 16 and I rather be DEAD that let my flesh live! Mt parents are divorced and EVIL and hate me with everything, my Mom always mad at me and is never happy to see me EVER! My Dad is a alcoholic and smoker plus a criminal record! I don't want to be with either of them and they don't want to put up the drudery of Me and my problems! I don't understand the majority of life and I can't ever do anything right the first time, so that means I should be DEAD after that disability! I also have a youngwr brother and a older sister, and they are pure EVIL to only ME! My brother is a smart***, always talks back to me, thinks he is too cool for me and always get me in trouble for no reason and gets rewarded for it too! He is also very lazy, does no work around the house and my Mom is never mad at him! For example, my brother chucked a metal water bottle at my nose, and it bleed a lot, my Mom later came out of her room and saw my nose bleed and my Mom didn't care! She said, "So, you don't hurt your brother!" When I didn't hurt him AT ALL! My older sister is a ********in' loser whose always running her mouth at me! She always defending my brother and they always double team on me and my Mom only yells and hurts me! Speaking of hurting me, My Mom and Dad threatened to KILL me! My Mom put her knee on my thoart and almost choked me! My face turned PURPLE! About my Dad, he pointed a GUN at my face! He almost pulled the trigger and showed me it was loaded! I want to get away from my family PERMANTENTLY or I commit suicide! You choose my fate!
    Last edited by ccsmod15; 11-27-2017, 01:13 PM.

Leave a comment:

• ccsmod3
    Hello Aldo,

Thank you for writing to us here at National Runaway Safeline. We understand it takes great courage to reach out, and we appreciate you sharing a little bit about what’s going on. It sounds like you have experienced a lot of overwhelming situations with your parents. We’re sorry you’re going through this. Unfortunately, we don’t have the ability to understand why your parents are treating you this way but you don't deserve to be abused in any way. It sounds like you have some support from your sister at home with cheering you up when you feel down. Do you have any other family, friends, or adults at school you trust to to talk about what is going on at home?

If you are at risk of any danger or feeling unsafe, we encourage you to reach out to 911 or seek emergency assistance immediately. You may also be able to report any mistreatment to CPS. Child Help USA 1-800-422-4453 www.childhelp.org is an organization that helps protect minors from being harmed. It may also be a good place to explore options for staying with another family member or someone you trust as far.

It also sounds like if this keeps happening for much longer you have thought about killing yourself, if things don’t change. Your safety and well-being is important. The National Suicide Prevention Lifeline 1-800-273-TALK (8255); www.suicidepreventionlifeline.org is also a great resource to reach out to in addition to our crisis services.

If you would like to talk more in detail please chat soon through our website www.1800runaway.org (click on the chat button) if you are unable to call in to 1-800-RUNAWAY. We unfortunately cannot give advice as we are non-directive. You know your situation best.

We hope to hear from you soon.

Be safe,

NRS

Guest replied
    Hi my name is Aldo I am 11 years old my mother ls is always mean to be and targets me more than my sister my is always mad that my dad and mom yell at me for no simple reason once I did something by accident that my dad threw me in the year like if I were a dog and he toke me to his closet and he had a towel and a pair of scissors so he was close to cut my tung so I was lucky enough he didn't because I said sorry that happened when I was 7 and once I was takin a shower when I was 5 so I said something to my mom and she slapped the hell out of me so I cried until I wa shivering when the shower was off so my sister cheered me up but now he is yelling at me and doing nothing. I hate my parents they can't even take a joke.When I joke I get in trouble for no simple reaso witch makes me want to kill myself most of the times I want to but I always tell myself "There is more things to see later but that later will be more likely your parents" why can't parents just be a little nicer to little kids poor baby that's crus and gets slapped and stuff like that,why do parents abuse as well? No reason that happens to me as well I just wish I can end myself but I can't let it happen.
    Last edited by ccsmod10; 11-25-2017, 09:24 PM.

Leave a comment:

• ccsmod7
    Hello there, thanks for reaching out today. Sounds like living with your dad has taken a major toll on you. It is not okay that he calls you hurtful things like that, you deserve to be treated with respect.

You mentioned that you do not want to live with your dad, but you also do not want to live with your mom. If you haven't already you might be thinking about where you do want to live. The easiest way you can leave home is with your guardian's permission. That might be a difficult conversation, but if you are planning on going to another family member's or trusted adult's house, you might include them on the conversation with your parents. Sometimes it can help to have an adult advocate for your needs when your parents are not hearing you. We have a conference call here if you ever want to have a mediated conversation with a parent. It could be a safe place to get your feelings across to them without them being disrespectful or interrupting.

If you call or chat us we can get more details of your situation and try to brainstorm additional options for you. We are here 24/7 and we truly want to help you through this.

Best,

NRS

Guest replied
    Hi I'm 14 and my dad and mom are devorsed, my dad is always telling me I'm spoiled and have a attitude but I do everything he says to do without complaining but he still calls me a piece of **** I can't deal with constant yelling anymore my ears start b leading because of it, but I still don't want to go to my mom. What can I do?

Leave a comment:

• ccsmod5
    Hey there-
    Thank you so much for reaching out to us here at the National Runaway Safeline. It must be very scary to see your mom hit your dad and be violent around the house. If you ever feel like you are in immediate danger, please call 9-1-1. It must be difficult to that your mom does not hear what you have to say. You might consider confiding in another adult you trust, like a teacher or another family member.

If you would like to talk more specifically about your situation, give us a call at 1-800-RUNAWAY (1-800-786-2929), we can help you talk through your situation and try to figure out some options for you. We also have a Live Chat available on our website between 2:30p.m. – 9:30p.m. PST. Our services are completely confidential and offered 24/7. We’re here to listen, here to help.
    Good luck,
    NRS

Guest replied
    Help
    I live in california My mom has been ruining my life and she wont get anything that I say she hits my dad and broke down a door and ripped the leather couches Im 12

Leave a comment:

• ccsmod5
    Thank you for reaching out to National Runaway Safeline. It sounds like you and your mom are having a hard time communicating right now. You said she’s getting angry with you and you’re not sure what to do. It can be really hard to communicate when people are angry and not necessarily listening. NRS offers a conference call option. This might allow you to talk to your mom with a calm third party moderator – one of our call center volunteers. A moderator may allow you to have a calmer conversation. If there’s someone in your life you both trust, that person might be a good moderator for hat conversation as well. If you want to talk more about what makes your mom angry and how you’ve been able to deal with that, please call us at 1-800-RUNAWAY (1-800-786-2929). Our volunteer Safeline is completely confidential and available 24/7.

-NRS

Guest replied
    my mother has been gee\tting angry at me and i need help

Leave a comment:

• ccsmod2
    Thank you for contacting National Runaway Safeline. We are sorry to hear about the way that you have been treated at home. You don't deserve to be treated that way. Talking to someone about what you are going through may help. You could try talking to and adult that you trust such as a teacher, school counselor. You also have the option of contacting Child Protective Services. Child Help (1-800-422-4453) is a great resource for reporting abuse and neglect, the experts there could also provide information about transferring custody. Another option that you may want to consider is asking your family if they would allow you to stay with another family member or close friend. We hope this information helps, and we wish you the best of luck. If you have any other questions, please feel free to contact us directly via our 24 hour crisis hotline (1-800-786-2929), email, or live chat.

Guest replied
    I need to get a way I am the middle child and gets treated like ******** my bed room has a whole in the floor and my house is nasty roaches and dog ******** every where

Leave a comment:

• ccsmod10
    Hey there,

Thanks for reaching out to us. We appreciate you taking the time to visit our forum and post on it.

It sounds like you’re feeling like your dad isn’t there for you and is having a negative effect on you, and your mental health. That can be really frustrating and we’re sorry that you’re having to deal with that. You also mentioned that you’re dealing with suicidal thoughts and self-harm. Your life has worth, regardless of what your dad may say to you or make you feel. Sometimes it can help to talk to someone about these things and if it’s not a counselor, therapist or trusted adult, you can also check out www.twloha.org or www.suicidepreventionlifeline.org for some helpful resources and people to talk to about some of these things. They both have online chat services if you’re not able to call into the hotlines, they are also open 24/7.

If you ever need help talking to your dad, you can always bring in someone to advocate for you. We also offer a conference calling service, you can call us and we can help to mediate an exchange between the two of you.

If you need to talk more about everything that’s been going on, get more resources or just need someone to listen, we are always here. Again, we’re really sorry about everything that’s been going on and you don’t deserve to be treated like that.

Be safe, NRS

Guest replied
    My dad is driving me crazy. He tried to put me in a mental Constitution for nothing. He doesn't love me. I cut because of him, and he knows it. He doesn't care if I killed myself. I'm 13 and live in Iowa. What can I do?

Leave a comment:

• ccsmod6
    Hello!
    Thank you so much for reaching out to us here at National Runaway Safeline. It can be really frightening to reach out. It sounds like you’ve been dealing with a lot and have already found a potential solution and just need some help getting it realized.
    It’s important that you have a support system as strong as your family in Florida who are willing to help. One possibility would be investigating Traveler’s Aid which can provide you with money to buy a bus ticket. If you feel comfortable calling or messaging us and giving us your city we can look up possible Travel Aid resources. Looking at a phonebook or Googling could also potentially help.
    Lastly, while we are not legal experts, since you re under the age of 18 your parents could potentially file a Runaway Report with the police. If the police pick you up, while you won’t be arrested or face legal consequences, they will bring you back home. Additionally, your parents could decide to charge your family in Florida with harboring a runaway. This information may feel overwhelming, and that’s understandable, if you feel comfortable you can call or message us and we can discuss this further.
    Thank you again for reaching out. We’re 24/7 and confidential so feel free to use our number (18007862929) or chat services at www.1800runaway.org. Good luck!
    NRS
Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
Auto-Saved
x
Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
x
x
Working...
X