No announcement yet.

Moving Out in PA

  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #46
    15 PA running to friend's house

    I am 15 and want to run away to a friend's house. I have done research to see if my friend's family can get in trouble for hosting me. Is it possible for me to claim emancipation while living with them? Parents will not admit to it, but I have reason to believe I have been emotionally abused. Can I get emancipation without parental consent (I know they won't tell the court I can live on my own) and stay with my friend and his family?


    • ccsmod15
      ccsmod15 commented
      Editing a comment
      Thank you for reaching out to us with your questions. We are sorry to hear that you believe that you have been emotionally abused. You don’t deserve that and we can see that it’s understandable that you’d want to live with your friend’s family. The difficulty with emancipation is that you have to prove to a judge that you are capable of providing for all of your needs like your parents would. Food, housing, clothing, medical, so that may not be an option.
      As far as your friend’s family getting in trouble, they could but it depends on if your parents want to press charges or take them to court. We would like to talk more with you about your situation so that we can help you identify what your options are.
      We care about what you are going through and we are here for you to listen and to help. All of our services are confidential and you can reach out either through our telephone hotline at 1-800-786-2929 (1-800-RUNAWAY) or with live chat through We are here for you 24/7 to listen and help.
      We hope to hear from you soon.
Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove