as far as laws go

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• as far as laws go

im a 16 year old living in michigan. i have ran away twice before because of my parents stupid rules and judgments on me. Yeah we got a lot of money and a nice house but we fight too much and dont get along. My dad has tried to throw me out and always says at the last minute "i dont want u to go" usually i tell him "screw" off im leaving but idk why i just didnt. He has been abusive before but tells me that its good for me and i needed it. For a while it was drilled into my head that it was necessary at some points. Recently my parents have us going to a behavioral counlesor who is an absoulute idiot. Basically i just pretend like it helps when it does almost nothing. Ive never been in trouble with the law because i come home after a while and thought runnin was illegal. My father told me the next time i run he will make life hell for me and then put me in some kind of military schooling for bad behaved children. Can he do that when i have a 3.33 gpa 3 honors classes and have never been in any troulbe with the law? Can i legally find a place to stay at 16? im running soon but i do want to know that answers. Thanks

Re: as far as laws go

Thank you for contacting the National Runaway Switchboard. I’m sorry to hear that you have been going through such a tough time at home. It sounds like you and your parents have not been getting along for quite awhile and it’s really taking a toll on you. I know that you mentioned your dad being abusive to you before. Is there a certain kind of abuse that you’re talking about? How often does the abuse occur? When’s the last time it’s happened? Have you been able to talk to anyone about what happens? Friend, family member, teacher? It sounds like you’re concerned because your dad has threatened to put you into military school, and you asked if you could legally find a place to stay. Unfortunately at 16 you are still considered a minor and under your parents care, so you would probably not be able to stay anywhere unless your parents gave you permission.
    You also mentioned that you were planning on running soon. Do you know where you’re going to stay? What do you think your parents will do when they realize you have gone? It sounds like you have a lot on your plate right now and I’m sorry you have to deal with all of this. If you ever wanted to talk more in depth about this situation, you can always give us a call at 1-800-RUNAWAY. We are a completely confidential hotline and there is someone here 24 hours a day to talk with you. So if you ever want to talk, look through some options, or get any resources you can always give us a call. Good luck with everything and call us if you need to.
    Please remember you can reach us directly by calling our 24 hour hotline, 1-800-RUNAWAY (786-2929) or through our Live Chat.

National Runaway Safeline
    [email protected] (Crisis Email)
    1-800-RUNAWAY (24 Hour Hotline)

Tell us what you think about your experience!
    https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/YourOpinionMattersToUs

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
    Auto-Saved
    x
    Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
    x
    x
    Working...
    X