No announcement yet.

runaway . . .

  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • runaway . . .

    hello , I'm having problems with my mother , father and grandmother ! I love my grandmother to death and my father he's alright but haven't really been here most of my life , my mother ? I hate her desperately , she calls me sluts , dummies , tells me I'm not gonna be anything in life , calls me **********es , tries to fight on me and beat me up and I just really feel like I shouldn't be living with her and I just don't want too have anything to do with her . I don't want to be emancipated because I'm only 15 and I'm not ready to have to go through all the court stuff and the judge stuff but my boyfriends parents said I could stay with them for a while until I get myself together or until I'm ready to go home , I want too leave today after school , I have all my clothes and I'm ready to leave and just be away from her for a while . Do you think if she called the police on me and I was gone without them finding me for 2 weeks they would stop looking for me ? And how could my boyfriends parents get custody of me ?

  • #2

    thanks for posting.
    We are very sorry to hear about your situation. It must be horrible to hear such words come from your mother’s lips. You do not deserve to be treated or talked down to that way. You seem to have a lot of love and admiration for your grandmother. Have you and she discussed your options? You also mentioned your father and the fact that he is okay but has not been around much. What role of support might he play? It sounds like your boyfriend is providing a supportive role by helping you deal with this situation? That must bring you some comfort. It sounds like you are giving serious consideration to leaving home and staying with your boyfriend and his parents. They sound very nice and would like to be helpful in easing your frustrations of staying with your mom. If your mom was to file a runaway report it may remain active until you are returned home or the person filing the report asks to remove your name from the data base for runaway and missing youth. Is there any chance you could stay with a relative like you grandmother or father?
    We are not legal experts so it would be difficult for us to speculate about the laws concerning your friend’s parents getting custody of you. We may be able to give you some referrals regarding this matter if you were to call in at our 1-800-Runaway 24hr Hotline. It is better if we know the city and state you are in as to give you more specific referrals to suit your needs for knowing what the custody laws are in your area. Leaving home is such a big step and it seems like you have given a lot of thought to do so.
    You are showing great decision making practice by reaching out for help and having a plan to t act on.
    We would really welcome your call and hearing more about your plans and your concerns.
    We understand this has not been an easy thing for you to deal with and appreciate you contacting our NRS Bulletin Board. We would like to list a referral for a youth legal advocate organization if you would like further information on your legal options.
    Justice for Children

    Please take care and be safe.
    Please remember you can reach us directly by calling our 24 hour hotline, 1-800-RUNAWAY (786-2929) or through our Live Chat.

    National Runaway Safeline
    [email protected] (Crisis Email)
    1-800-RUNAWAY (24 Hour Hotline)

    Tell us what you think about your experience!


    Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
    Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
    or Allowed Filetypes: jpg, jpeg, png, gif, webp