i want to run

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• i want to run

i want to run away from my family. about a week ago my dad was mad at something and decided to take it out on me. he grabbed my arm and yanked me foward and then pushed me back. now i have very noticeable bruises on my arm from him. they are almost in the perfect shape of a hand. my mom just stood there and watched him and didn't say a word or try to even stop him from hurting me. the worst thing is, we were out in public when this happened. i swear i didn't do anything to make him mad, i had barely seen him that day. i either want to run away or call the cops on my dad. can they arrest him since he left marks on me? i really want to run away and go live with a friend right now.

Re: i want to run

Thank you for contacting the National Runaway Switchboard. I’m sorry to hear that you are going through such a rough time right now. I know you mentioned having a confrontation with your father, and your dad grabbed you and actually left bruises. Has your dad ever acted this way before? It sounded like you and your father didn’t even have an issue he was just upset and taking it out on you, do you have any idea why he got so angry? You also mentioned that you were thinking of running away. Have you ever run away before? Would going to a friend’s house be an option like you had stated? What do you think your parents would do if you decided to leave? Have you talked with your parents about this incident? Did your dad say anything to you after it happened? You also said something about calling the police on your dad. If you feel like you’re in danger at your home you could always call Child Protective Services and make an abuse report. I can’t say for sure what they would do, but the process usually involves making a report, if they decide they need to follow-up they may come to your home and investigate, and if they feel like you are not safe there they may put you in another home. If you ever wanted to talk more in depth about what happened you can always give us a call at 1-800-RUNAWAY. We are a completely confidential line, but we could also help you make an abuse report if that is something you wanted to do. We are here 24 hours a day just to talk through any options you may be thinking about. Good luck with everything and give us a call if you need to.
    Please remember you can reach us directly by calling our 24 hour hotline, 1-800-RUNAWAY (786-2929) or through our Live Chat.

National Runaway Safeline
    [email protected] (Crisis Email)
    1-800-RUNAWAY (24 Hour Hotline)

Tell us what you think about your experience!
    https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/YourOpinionMattersToUs

Comment

Re: i want to run

whenever my dad gets mad, it gets taken out on me, but it's usually just verbally. i was honestly scared of him. i haven't really talked to him since it happened and i don't want to. i think he was mad about something that happened at work, although i don't know the details of what happened. i've never run away before, but i have thought about it. i know for a fact that i have at least 3 friends who would be willing to take me in and take care of me. i could still go to school and everything. i told my mom i wanted to run away, and she said if i did then she would call the police and i would be in trouble and get arrested. i don't want to get my dad in trouble, but i'm honestly scared of him. my mom says calling child protective services would just make things worse. she says that they'll both be arrested and that me and my brother would be put into foster care. i don't want to be put into foster care, but i don't want to be at home either.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
      Auto-Saved
      x
      Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
      x
      x
      Working...
      X