Wanted to know some things?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wanted to know some things?

Okay, so I've been living in an abusive house my whole life. My mom is a drug addict, my dads abusive, and my bros both combined. I've called everyone. I've thought out the running away thing

I'm ready.

I need to know about.

1) Crossing state lines as a runaway.
    2) Do harboring charges have to be pressed against the person, or does the law do it automatically.
    3) If someone comes with me, yet people know where hes going, and don't know I'm with him will they search his family member's house. (Across state lines.)

-K.

Wanted to Know some things

Hi,
    And thanks for posting.
    We’re sorry to hear that you’ve been going through such a tough situation at home.
    Watching a parent or loved one battle drug addiction is a difficult thing to do.
    It really sounds like you’ve been dealing with some very mean and harsh treatment from family members.
    Abuse is really a terrible thing and you do not deserve to be treated this way.
    How have you been able to take care of yourself emotionally?
    Do you have an outlet such as a friend or counselor at school?
    You mentioned that you have tried calling for help. Who did you call?
    Have you called our 1-800-Runaway 24hr crisis line?
    Our liners would be more than willing to discuss your situation and go over options with you.
    We could also go over your plan and discuss in depth the questions you listed in your post.
    We are not lawyers or legal experts at NRS so we could not tell you exactly how things might play out
    With the police.
    We’re not sure what you’re asking regarding the first question.
    Can you be more specific?
    Harboring a runaway is considered illegal. As to who presses charges we can’t give you a definitive answer.
    Your third question once again may be something the police would make a decision on.
    We hope you are able to find a positive solution to your situation and wish you well.
    Please remember you are welcome to contact us at 1-800-Runaway to further discuss your situation.

Take care,
    NRS
    Please remember you can reach us directly by calling our 24 hour hotline, 1-800-RUNAWAY (786-2929) or through our Live Chat.

National Runaway Safeline
    [email protected] (Crisis Email)
    1-800-RUNAWAY (24 Hour Hotline)

Tell us what you think about your experience!
    https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/YourOpinionMattersToUs

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
    Auto-Saved
    x
    Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
    x
    x
    Working...
    X