Legal issues, again, restated.

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Legal issues, again, restated.

Meh. Okay. It's been reported. Child services has been here. Police have been here. Told my teachers. Told a probation officer. (I'm not on probation or anything.)

Abuse, drug use and vermin are in my house.
    No one cares.
    I'm leaving notherless, so don't try to say "oh, blah blah blah."
    I know your here to "help."

I want to know the legal issues, straight up.
    If I leave at 15-16 and DON'T get caught till I'm 18, is that illegal? (Crossing state lines.)
    If I get caught, can I only be charged with unruly, or what else?

P.s. I call the help lines and they tell me "maybe I shouldn't think about it so much."
    Wwll I live here, ofc I have to think about it.

Blah blah blah blah answers?

Legal issues, again, restated.

Thanks for contacting the National Runaway Switchboard. It seems that a lot has been happening in your life and you must be a strong individual to stand through it all. It must have also taken a lot of courage from you to report the abuse and drug use to school and law officials. It seems that you have made of up of your mind and has decided to leave your household. Have you thought about where you would go or how you will remain safe after leaving? Do you have any safe housing alternatives (friends, other family members, youth shelters) in mind? If you are unaware of a safe place near you, you can always call us toll free at 1-800-RUNAWAY and we will gladly assist with trying to locate local resources. You mentioned that Child Services has been contacted in the past; if you are interested in reaching out to them with some additional support, we could always contact them with you on the line to try and obtain an update on your case.

Deciding if you should run or not can be a difficult decision! Running away is not illegal and is considered, in general, a status offense. Parents are allowed to file runaway reports which are entered in a national Police database. Generally speaking, when Youth come into contact with Police, the Youth is returned home without facing any criminal charges. Runaway reports are generally removed from the national law enforcement database upon the minor reaching his or her 18th birthday.

We hope the information provided helps. If you have any additional questions, feel free to contact us at 1800RUNAWAY. Our hotline is anonymous and confidential and we are available 24hours/7days.

~NRS
    Please remember you can reach us directly by calling our 24 hour hotline, 1-800-RUNAWAY (786-2929) or through our Live Chat.

National Runaway Safeline
    [email protected] (Crisis Email)
    1-800-RUNAWAY (24 Hour Hotline)

Tell us what you think about your experience!
    https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/YourOpinionMattersToUs

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
    Auto-Saved
    x
    Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
    x
    x
    Working...
    X