Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

my girflriend running away out of state to live with me?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• my girflriend running away out of state to live with me?

we are both 17 and she will be 18 in a few months and basically her home life is really, really terrible and this is what we want, so please don't give me advice on that. I want to know if i buy a plane ticket with cash for her from the state i'm in (which is different from the state she's in), will they be able to track this and will she get caught through the plane ticket? it's going to another state.
    thanks!

My girlfriend running away out of state to live with me?

Hi there,
    Thank you for writing us here at the National Runaway Switchboard. It sounds like there is trouble at home for your girlfriend and it's nice of you to be there for help and support. Unfortunately these are questions that we cannot answer. You can call the airline company and speak to them about whatever concerns you have and they should be able to clarify any confusion you may have.
    Just FYI, it is illegal to harbor a runaway. So if her parents do decide to file a report that is something to be aware of. You can also try calling the local police department (non-emergency number) where your girlfriend lives to ask about the procedures on consequences of running away. That way you can find out some information like if they will even take a runaway report in the first place.
    Feel free to call us anytime. Don't forget we are anonymous and confidential and are here 24/7 to try and help. Please pass along our phone number 1-800-RUNAWAY to your girlfriend so she is also aware she can contact us with any concerns, look for helpful resources, or discuss options. We will not try and talk anyone out of the decisions they make but are just concerned with keeping her safe.
    Good luck and take care,
    NRS
    Please remember you can reach us directly by calling our 24 hour hotline, 1-800-RUNAWAY (786-2929) or through our Live Chat.

National Runaway Safeline
    [email protected] (Crisis Email)
    1-800-RUNAWAY (24 Hour Hotline)

Tell us what you think about your experience!
    https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/YourOpinionMattersToUs

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
    Auto-Saved
    x
    Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
    x
    x
    Working...
    X