No announcement yet.

running away

  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • running away

    I am 15 . I live with my mom but want to live with my dad. If I just go to my dads can him or his girlfriend get into trouble?

  • #2
    Re: running away

    Thank you for contacting the National Runaway Switchboard; we know it’s hard to reach out to people when in a crisis and hopefully, we will be able to provide you with some resources to help you out.

    You said that you wanted to live with your dad instead of your mom; do you know if your parents share custody of you? Or do you think your mom would let you go live with him instead of with her?

    Is there something going on at your mom’s house that makes you want to leave? We can’t say for sure if your dad or his girlfriend would get into trouble if you went over there. Generally speaking, there is a possibility they can be charged with harboring a runaway or contributing to the delinquency of a minor but there are also a lot of other factors that will have an effect on that. You can contact your local police department to ask them for a specific answer. Or, you can call us here at anytime and we can try to find some local resources that may be able to provide you with assistance. We are available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week at 1-800-RUNAWAY. We look forward to hearing from you.

    Good luck!

    Please remember you can reach us directly by calling our 24 hour hotline, 1-800-RUNAWAY (786-2929) or through our Live Chat.

    National Runaway Safeline
    [email protected] (Crisis Email)
    1-800-RUNAWAY (24 Hour Hotline)

    Tell us what you think about your experience!


    Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
    Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
    or Allowed Filetypes: jpg, jpeg, png, gif, webp