Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• No one cares.

when i was little everything was fine we where a normal family my mom brother and me. but my mom got depressed and she went somewhere and its turned everything and everyone against us. we had to move when i was 11. I am 15 now and ever since we moved my mom doesnt care about me. It feels like she blames me for everything that happened. My brother is very violent mentally he is about 5 (he is really 17) he never leaves me alone and when i fight him i lose everything from my lsptop to horse back riding lessons to spending the weekend with my friends. Tonight was the worst its been. It started on monday. I made plans to go to a friends house over the weekend. Well my mom said if I wanted to go I had to work hard in school and be good. well later that day my brother stole my ipod just because he could. and my mom didnt do anything so I poured some baby powder and stuff on him to tell me where it was. My mom yelled and said I couldnt go to m friends house. That I caused a fight. my brother started it but she never see's that she only see's what i do wrong. So anyway tonight I begged her to still let me go and I begged cried and everything and it turned really ugly. I said she didnt understand. She said my friends are awful people. When my friends are the only thing keeping me going. She said I had to write my friends and email right then and there saying I couldnt go. Then I said stuff and so did she. I tossed some stuff down the stairs I was so mad that she took MY weekend away. She yelled called me awful names made me say loseing my stuff was my fault She said I was a stupid piece of crap. And I am never to see or contact my friends again she took my laptops cellphone and anything else she could find she says I am to be quiet all the time I go to bowling I talk to no one NO TV No anything. She hit me to. and said No more horseback riding and called me more awful names. She never listens to me when I try to talk she says "I dont care" or "shut up you stupid (bad word)" and I so sick she never cares about me or my happyness my friends are the only thing I have I have not seen them since May. I need my friends I need my mom to take my side. I have had meny thoughts ranging from Suicide to cutting myself to running away but my mom said If I run away she will get me back and beat the living daylights out of me. I want to run but I have no money or car or anything to get me to my friends houses @ least. I cant stay here for 3 more years I think I will die staying here. I just dont know what to do anymore. someone please help me !
  • ccsmod6
    Super Moderator
    • May 2007

Re: No one cares.

Thanks for contacting the National Runaway Switchboard. It seems to be a lot of chaos happening in your life which can become overwhelming for anyone to handle. It sounds like you were able to find some comfort in talking to your friends but that privilege has been taken away. We are truly sorry to hear about the things that have been happening to you. You should know that you don’t deserve to be abused and no one has the right to abuse you. Things must become pretty scary at home with the feeling of being alone and having no one to support you. It seems like you have tried to reach out to friends in the past, have you told anyone else about the abuse?

You stated that you don’t have any money to get your friends’ houses. What city and state are you located in? Do you have access to a telephone? Have you thought about talking to a guidance counselor?

If you are feeling unsafe at home, there is the possibility of going to a Youth shelter in your city or nearby. There are safe place programs available in most states that could provide emergency sheltering. More information about these programs can be found at http://www.nationalsafeplace.org. You can always contact us at 1-800-RUNAWAY to discuss your situation or additional options. Remember if you ever feel that your immediate safety is at risk, you can dial 911. Every state has a child abuse reporting hotline if you ever wanted to report the abuse. There is also Child Help USA (1-800-4-A-CHILD), a hotline aimed at providing support and meeting the needs of abused, neglected, and at-risk children.

Remember you can contact us at anytime. If you need a listening ear, support, resources, and/or someone to help brainstorm through options, we are here. We have a 24 hours hotline and someone is always here to take your call. Our hotline (1-800-RUNAWAY) is toll-free, confidential, and anonymous.

We look forward to hearing from you. We wish you the best of luck and hope that you remain safe.

~NRS
    Please remember you can reach us directly by calling our 24 hour hotline, 1-800-RUNAWAY (786-2929) or through our Live Chat.

National Runaway Safeline
    [email protected] (Crisis Email)
    1-800-RUNAWAY (24 Hour Hotline)

Tell us what you think about your experience!
    https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/YourOpinionMattersToUs

Comment

I have told bits and pieces about my life to a few friends. I never tell them everything just some of it, to get it out so I am not bottling up so much.

I live in VA. my closest friend lives in WV.
      I have my cell phone.
      I am home schooled so I dont have a guidance counselor.

I dont really want to get my mom in trouble I know she is tired, she is a single mom with one kid who is mentally unstable and me. I know she trys but I think by the time I came she had just had enough. She says all the time I have a future unlike my brother, so she expects more from me and that I have to live up to her expectation. I however think its unfair to expect more from me when I try and try and try but nothing is good enough. But I dont see how its fair to be able to watch my brother get away with all this stuff, then I do something like it and I get in trouble. I just dont see how thats fair. I am trying to hold on cause in 3 years I am gone I am going to college in another state and once I am out of here things will get better I hope. But its getting harder and I get older and have more friends. I just want someone to listen to me and to care for me while I am still young, I am so worried that everything now will affect me later in life. I hope and I can hold on and not run away. I have thought about getting emancipation, but I dont even know where to start on that its not like I can really talk to anyone about it. and I would not have anywhere to go. So that leaves me with 2 things. Hold on for dear life or run away.

Comment

• ccsmod6
        Super Moderator
        • May 2007

Thanks for getting back in touch with the National Runaway Switchboard. It’s good that you have been able to tell your friends some pieces of your life to avoid keeping everything bottled up inside. It sounds like you care a lot about your mom and doesn’t want to see her in trouble. You stated that your mom is a single parent and it seems like your mom may be overworked and tired. Is there anyone providing support for your mom? Have your mom ever attended counseling? Do you think family counseling would be beneficial?

Even though your mom is experiencing problems of her own, it is still unfair for you to have to take the burden of that. You stated that you want for someone to listen to you and care for you. Those are things that your parents should provide for you and it’s unfortunate that you are being deprived of them. Counseling was mentioned earlier for your mom or for the family, is counseling something that you would consider for yourself? You’re right; things that happen to us earlier in life can have an effect on us later in life. You seem like a very mature and intelligent teenager who is trying to improve the quality of your life without getting anyone in trouble in the process.

Emancipation is a possibility for those under the age of 18, however the difficulty and/or time length varies. Emancipation is the legal process that gives a minor, under the age of 18, legal independence from his or her parent(s) or legal guardian(s). Most states require a minor to reach their 16th birthday before filing a petition for emancipation. In addition to age, most states require the minor to be married; on active duty with the military; or living separate and apart from parents with their consent, and capable of being financially independent. For questions on emancipation in the state of Virginia, you may contact Blue Ridge Legal Services at (540) 433-1830 or (540) 662-5021 and the Law Clinic at (804) 289-8921.

You mentioned that you wouldn’t have anywhere to go but there is a safe place in Virginia as well youth shelters.

Hopefully the information provided was helpful. Remember to contact us 1-800-RUNAWAY so we can provide more direct assistance. Our hotline is anonymous and confidential and we are available 24 hours.

Wishing you the best!

~NRS
        Please remember you can reach us directly by calling our 24 hour hotline, 1-800-RUNAWAY (786-2929) or through our Live Chat.

Comment

Yikes...take heart it the fact that people do care. Striving to succeed is an attractive quality in anyone. The trick is getting people to see it...eventually it will even be seen by your family. P.S. A major indicator for you is your own emotions. Youre stronger if you dont give into them right away, and the outcome of that is something like patience...and that is what people need to see in you. Sincerely

Comment

• ccsmod3
            Super Moderator
            • May 2007

Dear Rustin,

We appreciate your efforts to provide support to other posters. You sound like you are a very inspirational individual. We remain non-directive here at the National Runaway Switchboard, so we don’t personally give advice; however, it can be encouraging for posters to see other people’s perspectives. If you would like to find out more about what we do at the National Runaway Switchboard, feel free to call us at 1-800-RUNAWAY. We also have a Street Team that helps get the word out about the National Runaway Switchboard if you are interested in getting more involved. http://www.1800runaway.org/streetteam/

Sincerely, NRS

Comment

I didnt know; thank you for calrifying. I do believe that I will use the link provided in the future. Thanks!!

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
              Auto-Saved
              x
              Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
              x
              or Allowed Filetypes: jpg, jpeg, png, gif, webp
              x
              x
              Working...
              X