16 ...no family love

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 16 ...no family love

im 16 close of turnin 17 and my story is hardd to get..ever since i was a little girl i use to be daddy's little girl..and ever since i was getting older for some reason my dad started changing on me..so did my mom..execpt me and my mom never got along she just got worse with me. On my freshmen year in high school i started skipping because my parents never letd me go out with my friends anywhere not even to there house.After they found out i lost there confidence and ever since then i can bearly go out anywhere. We constly fight all the time of them letting me have some freedom. i get in trouble for the smallest dumbest things. thats when depression kicked in and i started taking pills witch im still doing and cutting myself. i feel like my parents dont love me anymore. my dad just changed and he's changing me also in a bad way witch i dont like cause everyday i try to become a better person. my mom is just i dont know, i know for a fact that she cant stand me well at least i think she cant. the reason why? well because eversince i can remember she never told me she loved me, she always wants to pick a fight and i cant trust her on nothing. because of them to im always wanting to runaway i just never have the guts to do it.only if you knew my dad you would know. sometimes i just feel like killing myself or i dont know doing something so big to show them how far they brought me by making me suffering. oh and fyi everytime i want to talk to them about any situation they always try to avoid my problems cause there to busey being worried of house problems or doing the laundry or going to work. sometimes i be thinking it'l be better for all of us if i was never born. i just dont no what to do anymore im so fed up with my family.

Re: 16 ...no family love

Thanks for contacting us and telling us your story here at the National Runaway Switchboard. It sounds like you are going through a lot at home and are struggling with how to deal with it all. We are sorry to hear all of this.

You said that you are depressed and getting pills for it. Does that mean that you have talked to a therapist before or are currently now? If not, this is something we can provide you with if you feel like talking to someone about these issues would help. Sometimes you can even bring your parents in with you to try and work out the issues you all have together. Is there a counselor or teacher at school you feel comfortable talking to when you are feeling depressed or frustrated? Most schools offer some sort of counseling that may be of help.

Have you thought about what exactly your dad is doing that is making you feel like you are not able to better yourself? Sometimes if you can pin point the things that bother you it is easier to make a change. You said that you think doing something big is the only option to make your parents understand…have you thought about how final suicide is? You can never return from that. If this is something you think about you can always call the National Suicide Hotline at 1-800-273-TALK (8255).

Sometimes it’s hard when parents are very busy with their responsibilities to get them to realize that you are trying to talk to them. Have you ever considered writing a note? Or having another family member or friend try and talk to them? If you call us, we can also contact your parents with you to try and talk about the situation and come up with a plan to make things better for you. Sometimes a little compromise does a lot for a family.

If you can call us here at 1-800-RUNAWAY, we can talk with you about how you are feeling and what is going on. We can discuss the options you have whether you want to run away or not. We will not force you to do anything you do not want, but simply try and help you figure out what is best for you. We are here 24/7 and are completely confidential and anonymous. You can also reach us from any payphone toll-free.
    Good luck, we hope to get your call soon. Take care,
    NRS
    Please remember you can reach us directly by calling our 24 hour hotline, 1-800-RUNAWAY (786-2929) or through our Live Chat.

National Runaway Safeline
    [email protected] (Crisis Email)
    1-800-RUNAWAY (24 Hour Hotline)

Tell us what you think about your experience!
    https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/YourOpinionMattersToUs

Comment

You know sometimes, we parents just don't understand what it's like to be a teenagers in now a days, we forget what it was like to want to have fun, and your 16 so I know hanging with friends is number 1. What I would like to tell you is that you can't give up on yourself, I had a strict mother too, I mean strict like she would come and get me with a belt and embrarass me in front of all my friends, but now later as I've gotten older and have kids of my own I realized it was for the best, sometimes we don't know what to say or how to say it , and it's not that they don't love because i'm sure they do. What you have to do is know that you are trying your best, and when you feel that you just can't take it anymore, Pray. When I was younger I couldn't wait to grow, and now that I am I wish I was young again. You have to stay positive even if your parents are not showing you love, you have to keep on going. But know that hurting yourself will never get the result you want.

Comment

Thank you for sharing your support. We’re glad to see other viewers of our bulletins reaching out to bulletin posters. While we are a secular organization and are not in a position to give advice, we appreciate the encouragement you share with this particular poster. It sounds like you have been through a lot and have learned through your experiences. We’re glad to hear you made it through your teenage years and it sounds like you’ve grown into a well-adjusted adult. Let us know if there is anything else we could do to help.

Best,
        NRS
        Please remember you can reach us directly by calling our 24 hour hotline, 1-800-RUNAWAY (786-2929) or through our Live Chat.

Comment

hello..i kind of have the same situation

Originally posted by ;3121
          im 16 close of turnin 17 and my story is hardd to get..ever since i was a little girl i use to be daddy's little girl..and ever since i was getting older for some reason my dad started changing on me..so did my mom..execpt me and my mom never got along she just got worse with me. On my freshmen year in high school i started skipping because my parents never letd me go out with my friends anywhere not even to there house.After they found out i lost there confidence and ever since then i can bearly go out anywhere. We constly fight all the time of them letting me have some freedom. i get in trouble for the smallest dumbest things. thats when depression kicked in and i started taking pills witch im still doing and cutting myself. i feel like my parents dont love me anymore. my dad just changed and he's changing me also in a bad way witch i dont like cause everyday i try to become a better person. my mom is just i dont know, i know for a fact that she cant stand me well at least i think she cant. the reason why? well because eversince i can remember she never told me she loved me, she always wants to pick a fight and i cant trust her on nothing. because of them to im always wanting to runaway i just never have the guts to do it.only if you knew my dad you would know. sometimes i just feel like killing myself or i dont know doing something so big to show them how far they brought me by making me suffering. oh and fyi everytime i want to talk to them about any situation they always try to avoid my problems cause there to busey being worried of house problems or doing the laundry or going to work. sometimes i be thinking it'l be better for all of us if i was never born. i just dont no what to do anymore im so fed up with my family.

I have the same thing as you do but somethings are diffrent i did alot of bad things and yes i regret every single on of them but no one understands i talk to my parents but every time i do they just make it a big deal i cant go out i cant talk o0n the phone with guys .. like if they want me to like girls and turn lesbian or something!!..i have thought of running away from home but i dont have the guts to.. i do cut my self once in a while and i realise thats just hurting me not them and the pills thing i have though alot about that but thats just gonna make everything worse.. cus what if you get addicted or something yea sometimes i think of what if i die would they even care but trust me its not worth it you shouldent let them put you down show them that you dont need them keep your head up do the best you could do in school so that when you grow up your something better then what they expected from you show them that you dont need them to be happy. i go to therapy and some what it does help but some what it dosent .. but let me tell yu someting no one is perfect in this world and you could change but for your own good not for no one else cus their not gonna be their for you all the time but you are for your self.. im not telling you to not love no one but yea makie some one your best friend any one from a teacher to a close friend at school or something truast me they are their for you just like im here for you cus i think thats what everyone needs love cus thats all im asking for i never got to see that love that my parents supposably gave me or from my family but from my bo0y friend and my best friend and one of my teachers i did and i have a feeling that yea one of theis days i will run away i cant deal with tis no more nothing i have to much and thats why i think i dont do good in school but i try my best well take care!! and i9 hope this wo0rkes or someone helkps you one of theis days!!sorry for some of the misspells but im not good at english and im 15

Comment

RE: 16 ...no family love

Thank you for sharing your support and story. We’re glad to see other viewers of our bulletins reaching out to bulletin posters. It sounds like your also going through a really tough time. Please use any of the numbers we’ve listed above and if you feel comfortable please contact our toll-free hotline at 1800-RUNAWAY (786-2929) if you want to talk further or see what other resources are out there for you.

Best,
            NRS

Comment

Mii life

my life is way worst than anybody i know i get tired of sitting at home while my parent go out and do certin stuff then im stuck at home wathcing kids i be wanting to leave bud i dnt knw were to go and not only tht im scared my parents would kall the cops and then they take me away witch is wat i want bud i dnt wanna sit in a jail house with the rest of them i b havein to do everything around this house far as cooking and cleann but my daddy is a pastor and he fell i dnt need to do certain stuff and most of the stuff teens want to do i would like to saty out and hang with my freand bud i cant because he is to scared some will happen bud when i was little i use to do alot of stuff with my daddy bud now dat im older he thinks its all about workin and preaching i hate dat i love jesus but i get tired of goin to chruch listenin to them go on and on and on man i b ready to go home and by the way im 16 and i just hate my life then ftr chruch when you have ton of homework thaey want to sit down and talk after chruch when they got my daddy num i use to b a cutter but i stop cuz i felt it was a waist i felt im tired of cryin every night i dont knw wat to do ive ked all my frens dat same question would you or you wnt to be a preachers daughter all of them said knw most said hell nawl i understand them to because thay see the stuff i go through i cnt do nun and its maken me sick ive told my counsler at skewl that i was goin to runaway and kill my self he went right back and told my parents i felt dumb tell him my buisness i shouldve kept it to my self and ive and ive told my daddy how i felt bud it didnt do so gud he told me he didnt care if i killed my self n every sience dis day i believe him dats y i cant sand him i want new parent parents dat will b there for me and understand me bud all i can do is prey!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

RE: Mii Life

Hello,

We are thankful to know that you are ok and doing your best to maintain despite all that you are going through. Although we may not be able to give you the parents you desire we are here for support anytime if you need it. You seem to be going through quite a lot. How are you coping? We cannot imagine how you continue to push through when so much has happened. You mentioned you use to cut. Do you still get those urges? You said that you spoke with your counselor and they betrayed your trust. That must have been difficult for you but we are very confidential and anonymous. We will never tell anyone about you contacting us for support or resources.

The thing about couselors and schools is that once you said you are going to harm yourself or others they are expected to report it. It does not make it right since you opened up at lot to the person but that just may be their policy for your safety and that of others. We are not counselors but we can help you go through alternatives. You mentioned you tried to kill yourself. One number to consider calling if you have these feelings is the National Suicide Hotline at 1800-273-TALK (8255). They are experts in this field and can help guide you through some options on how to better cope as you continue to struggle with life at home.

We are not here to tell you what to do and cannot offer you advice but we can continue to work with you until you come up with ideas on how to remain safe. Whether or not you stay home we can help if you hold on to our number. You can reached us 24 hours a day at 1800RUNAWAY (786-2929). All of our liners are trained the same way to assist you if you just need someone to vent to or resources to get help local to you. We hope you reach out soon. We do not have all the answers but we are a good place to get support. We hope this post help to guide you in the right direction. Good luck.

-NRS

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                Auto-Saved
                x
                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                x
                x
                Working...
                X