18 n dont wont my family to fill out a missing person report

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 18 n dont wont my family to fill out a missing person report

I'm thinking about leaving next Monday at the latest. I've been deciding to leave since December of 08. I always don't do it, because things gets better for a while, but than they always gets worse than before. Its the last straw right now. I'm 18, Not a minor. I live in Pensacola,Florida and I'm leaving Pensacola Florida. I can't stay in Pensacola. I also want to know where can I go, cause I'm not a minor, so places for teens won't take me, so is their an alternative? I have money, I have a way to get out of town. But my question is if I leave can the Police bring me back? Also how not to make my family fill out a missing person report. I just don't want my face all over the local/national news, or people out their looking for me, like I'm a missing person. I'm trying to start my life and the only way to do that is leave.

Re: 18 n dont wont my family to fill out a missing person report

Hello,

Thank you for taking the time to reach out to us at the National Runaway Switchboard about your situation. We hope that we may continue to provide our services to you in this time of need. It sounds like your mind is made up about your plans to leave home. Have you talked to anyone else about the goals you have set for yourself? Do you feel good about your plans so far?

We empathize with your statements about how things go back and forth over time at home. It seems that you desired alternatives before but you are fed up now. You are right about not being a minor since you are 18 and have the right to leave home in the state of Florida. It sounds like the time has come and you have looked forward to his for some time. It must have been frustrating to learn that most of the resources were not available to you.

Since you are 18, you are considered for adult shelters in town or the Salvation Army and local rescue missions. Many of our resources here is mainly for teens in most cities and states also. However, you are welcome to call us to find resources of all ages. We have information to give you a start.

As you are now trying to put everything in perspective, leaving home to start over, it can be helpful to know that you are not at risk of being brought back home by the police unless there was something else you were in trouble for. It does not mean you family is not likely to make a missing person's report but they have to argue that was the case if and when they call the police to report it. It is likely that the police may not entertain the idea of a missing person report.

You are an adult so they might just declare that you have the right to leave home unless your parents pretended that they do not know where you are and what happened. It is understandable to not want the unnecessary headlines with your information everywhere. You deserve all that is due to you and more. We wish you best of luck on your new venture. Good luck.

-NRS
    Please remember you can reach us directly by calling our 24 hour hotline, 1-800-RUNAWAY (786-2929) or through our Live Chat.

National Runaway Safeline
    [email protected] (Crisis Email)
    1-800-RUNAWAY (24 Hour Hotline)

Tell us what you think about your experience!
    https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/YourOpinionMattersToUs

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
    Auto-Saved
    x
    Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
    x
    x
    Working...
    X