I'm 16 with nowhere to go

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi I’m 16 and yesterday I trashed my mom apartment bc she lied to me about taking me to my aunts house I know that’s not a good reason to do that bc that was wrong and I apologize for that but she took my key and said I can’t come back home she don’t provide for me anymore and she said the police is coming after me and I’m scared bc I don’t want to go back to jail all I want is a family to care for me a mother figure that why I want to go to a foster home what should I do I’m stuck and clueless

Comment

• ccsmod15
      ccsmod15 commented
      Editing a comment
      Hey there,

Thanks for reaching out to National Runaway Safeline. It sounds like you were angry that you didn’t get to see your aunt, unsure what will happen next, and afraid of getting punished and sent back to lonely jail. Wanting and needing a loving family is normal and perfectly valid-- and you 100% deserve one.

Your mom is legally responsible for you until you reach the age of majority (18 in most states). This makes it is illegal for her to kick you out. Also, you mentioned that she no longer provides for you. Since you are under 18, it is possible this may be considered neglect. Technically, foster homes are for youth were taken out of their home by the state. You would need to file an abuse and neglect report for entry into a foster system.

One option is the National Safe Place: nationalsafeplace.org. You may text “SAFE” and your location to 69866, and they’ll connect you to the closest safe place for youth in crisis. Depending on service closest to you, the crisis worker may connect you with shelter, resources, and the ability to file a report.

We hope that this at least offers you a starting point. Remember you are always welcome to call National Runaway Safeline when you need. We may be able to answer your questions, connect you with more options and assist you better if you call or chat. All the best,

~NRS
Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
Auto-Saved
x
Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
x
or Allowed Filetypes: jpg, jpeg, png, gif
x
x
Working...
X