No announcement yet.

I'm 16 with nowhere to go

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi I'm 16 and I have No where to go my mom kicked me out and told me if I go on her property shell shoot me what do I do

Comment

• ccsmod15
      ccsmod15 commented
      Editing a comment
      Thank you for reaching out to NRS. Your safety is always our # 1 concern. 16 means you are a minor, and you have every right to call the police and explain that your mom has kicked you our and threatened harm. Child Help (1-800-422-4453, childhelp.org) is a hotline that can help you better understand neglect, which kicking you out could be considered neglect, how to report, if you want to, and how to stay safe.
      We can also look into youth shelters in your area for the night- you can reach us at 1-800-786-2929 or through live chat through this website!

Best of luck,
      NRS

What do i do if i dont wanna go home because my mom will shoot me and she kicked me out im on the streets im really hungry idk what to do

Comment

• ccsmod6
      ccsmod6 commented
      Editing a comment
      Hello and thank you for reaching out to the National Runaway Safeline. It sounds like you’re really going through a difficult time and we want you to know that we are here for you in any way we can be. If you want to talk more about your situation, we can look up youth shelters in your area as well as talk about other way for you to find a place to stay. If you are interested in doing so, please give us a call at 1-800-786-2929 or chat us at 1800runaway.org.

Take care,
      NRS

I'm 16
    I've been struggling with my parents, reason being is because I feel so alone in this house I want to leave everytime my mom says you can leave but don't come back. But I have no where to go. I just want to run and never come back here I'm desperate I try talking to them about how I feel, but they don't care how I feel. I just feel so alone with no one to talk to. I live in Illinois so if you can help please respond

Comment

• ccsmod15
      ccsmod15 commented
      Editing a comment
      It can be difficult to ask for help and we are glad you reached out to us. It sounds like you are going through a really challenging time and feeling very alone. You are not alone and we are here to help. If you have any relatives or other adults in your life that you trust, they may be able to provide support and guidance.

In the state of IL you are a minor until your 18th birthday. There could be consequences for you and others if you choose to leave as a minor. It is helpful to think about you will keep yourself safe regardless of the decision you make. One possible resource is CCBYS (1-877-870-2663). CCBYS is a 24 hour state-wide crisis response system that provides a continuum of services to youth in high risk situations and their families when appropriate. CCBYS agencies perform frontline crisis intervention, which involves immediate assessment of the facts surrounding a crisis situation and efforts to reunify the youth with their family or make arrangements for a temporary safe shelter followed by services for the youth and the family.

Reaching out to a non-emergency police number can be a resource for getting legal advice about leaving home. In addition to being available by chat we operate a 24/7 hotline and are always here to provide additional support and resources (1-800-786-2929). We can also walk you through any of the other resources listed above. It sounds like conversations with your parents have not be helpful in the past. We also operate a conference call feature where we can help moderate a conference call between you and your parents.

You do not deserve to feel alone, and we are here to help. Do not hesitate to reach out.

Good luck,
      NRS
Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
Auto-Saved
x
Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
x
x
Working...
X