Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 21 yr old single mom having a hard time

Hi, i am new to this site. i am a single mom of 21 with a 17 month old baby girl. the father has never been
    in her life. he pays a small amount of child support and that's about it. i live w/my parents. my mom helps
    out a lot but she complains about it almost nonstop. she makes me feel like a failure sometimes.
    my cousin is going to get engaged soon and i feel like that should be me, i'm kind of jealous.

the last 2 years of my life have been hell and i can't see it getting better anytime soon. i don't have
    a job and i don't drive. if anyone could provide any advice or support that would be great. if you can't tell
    i feel like i have no one to talk to about this.

Re: 21 yr old single mom having a hard time

Thank you so much for writing in and telling us a bit about your situation. It sounds like you are dealing with a lot right now and don’t feel you have anyone to talk to or a lot of support. You mentioned that you are a single mom with a young daughter, and while your mom helps out a lot, she sometimes makes you feel bad about the situation that you are in. You also said that the father really is not a part of your daughter’s life and that has made the situation really difficult as well.

You mentioned that you don’t have a job and don’t drive, and it sounds like this is frustrating for you. Is getting a job an option for you or something you would want to do? It also sounds like a big problem for you is that you don’t feel you have anyone to really talk to about what is going on. Has there been anyone that you have been able to talk with and confide in? A friend, family member, or even a counselor? Now I don’t know what city/state you are in but we did provide a number below that may be able to provide some support for you.

Single Parent Resource Center – provides a network of single parent self-help groups.
    212-951-7030

It’s completely understandable how frustrated you are feeling about the whole situation, and we are so glad that you reached out and wrote in to us. If you would want to discuss the situation more in depth you can always give us a call at 1-800-RUNAWAY. We are a completely confidential hotline that is available 24 hours a day. There is always someone here to listen, discuss options, and find additional resources for you. Please take care and remember you can reach us any time.
    Please remember you can reach us directly by calling our 24 hour hotline, 1-800-RUNAWAY (786-2929) or through our Live Chat.

National Runaway Safeline
    [email protected] (Crisis Email)
    1-800-RUNAWAY (24 Hour Hotline)

Tell us what you think about your experience!
    https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/YourOpinionMattersToUs

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
    Auto-Saved
    x
    Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
    x
    or Allowed Filetypes: jpg, jpeg, png, gif, webp
    x
    x
    Working...
    X