Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• dont know what to do and scared

Im 12 years old and being abused by my dad and mom. my dad is hitting me and sexually abusing me. my mom just hits me. im scared to tell anyone cus im afraid it will make it worse. i have a baby sister she is 2 1/2 years old. they scream at her everytime she cryes or try to get them to pay attention to her. they dont hit her though cus i make sure i get hit before she does. but it to the point i cant handle it and i want to die. i hurt so much inside cuase i feel like its my fault cus im not a good girl like i should be. but i really try to be a good girl. thanks for listening to me

Re: dont know what to do and scared

Hello,

Thank you for taking the time to reach out to us at the National Runaway Switchboard. We appreciate your willingness to share with us what is happening at home. It sounds like you are having quite a difficult time with your parents. We commend you for trying everything in your power to keep your younger sister safe. It sounds like you truly care a great deal for her. Just as she has you to look out for her, the same should be available to you in time of need. We are here for you. We want you to know that you are not alone. What has happened to you is not your fault. It is never a child's fault to get hit. Regardless of what you are made to feel about yourself, you deserve better.

We are not in the position to tell what to do. However, we are here to present you to certain options for what you feel is best to overcome this situation. There can be formal and informal approaches when dealing with such intense issues. We hear how much your sister means to you and there is likely going to be the fear of where she will end up if you took certain actions to hold your parents accountable for what they do. You deserve to feel safe at home. It is a right that should be guaranteed to you because your parents are naturally expected to pay the role of protector for you and your sister.

Have you thought of filing an abuse report? We are not here to define abuse and we do not make the final decision for what will happen. However, we serve as mandatory reporters with Child Protective Services. We can get you to the point of making the report to the right state agencies. From there, there will be an investigation. The goal is usually for your parents to clean up their act and what such agencies deems an appropriate course of action. The outcome is never guaranteed but there can be ways for them to offer counseling or some other form of crisis intervention.

These things can take time. We are concerned for what will happen to you if nothing comes of it and you are made to stay at home during this turmoil. Do you an alternative to dealing with this issue? How are you coping? Are you able to distract yourself from the drama at home? We wish for you to call us directly for support. We are mandated reporters but we are confidential and anonymous too. It is your choice to file or not. If you chose not to file, we still want to hear from you. We want to provide emotional support to you. We have a database with resources to find local support for you also. We can be reached 24 hours a day at 1800RUNAWAY. We hope that you give us a call. We are all trained the same way and are qualified to walk you through various steps to get help. We see that you are a good person. Only a good person will put others before oneself as you did for your baby sister. We hope you can stay strong and stay safe. Good luck.

-NRS
    Please remember you can reach us directly by calling our 24 hour hotline, 1-800-RUNAWAY (786-2929) or through our Live Chat.

National Runaway Safeline
    [email protected] (Crisis Email)
    1-800-RUNAWAY (24 Hour Hotline)

Tell us what you think about your experience!
    https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/YourOpinionMattersToUs

Comment

What a brave young woman you are. What you are living through is not OK. This is not what your life was designed to be. You do not deserve this. There are loving safe homes and shelter where you (and your sibling) do not have to live in fear. Please consider speaking to your school counselor who is there to help. I know because I have helped others find safety and help. You are not alone.

Comment

Hello,

Thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts about the important issue at hand. We are glad when folks in the community are passionate about these matters. We are here for everyone, any time of day. We provide support and resources to those in need. We are always here to help someone in need. We are confidential and anonymous also. Our number is 24 hours and can be reached at 1800RUNAWAY. Good luck.

-NRS
        Please remember you can reach us directly by calling our 24 hour hotline, 1-800-RUNAWAY (786-2929) or through our Live Chat.

National Runaway Safeline
        [email protected] (Crisis Email)
        1-800-RUNAWAY (24 Hour Hotline)

Tell us what you think about your experience!
        https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/YourOpinionMattersToUs

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
        Auto-Saved
        x
        Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
        x
        or Allowed Filetypes: jpg, jpeg, png, gif
        x
        x
        Working...
        X