No announcement yet.


  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • mydaddy

    me and my dad dnt get along at all. he treats me like ******** and im sick of it. im 14 years old and i wnt 2 b treated like tht. ive ran away b4 and lived with my bestfriend 4 alomst year. my parents didnt at all care.they said they were happy to get rid of me.i came home and b4 school started and my dad grounded me 4 ovr my dad has no trust in me what so ever.! i have absoutly NO freedom. the other day he slapped me in the face because i wasabout to leave r house. my mom had told me i could leave but my dad had said no. wen i told dad mom said i could,mom saidtht she had said no. soo dad slapped me in face for "lieing" i told him 2 day im runnin away and nevr comin back. he said good il help u pack ur stuff.helaughed about it. my bf recently moved out of state and has offered to come back to get me. im not sure if this is the right discioson or not yet. but my parents act as if they dnt care. and ifthey dnt.why shold i? any advice?

  • #2
    Re: mydaddy

    Thank you for contacting us at the National Runaway Switchboard. It sounds like you’ve been dealing with a lot with your parents. We are sorry to hear that your dad slapped you in the face when you were about to leave. If you feel like you are being physically harmed, have you considered filing a report with Child Protective Services (CPS)? If you feel that is an option we can either take a report for you or stay on the line with you (should you decide to call us) and do a conference call with CPS. CPS may choose to do an investigation which could have a number of outcomes such as mandatory counseling, an assigned social worker, parenting classes, etc. In extreme circumstances they might remove a child from the home, but that is not always the case.

    It sounds like you are considering going out of state with your boyfriend. Running away isn’t normally considered a crime, just a status offense meaning you cannot do so until you reach the age of majority (which is 18 in most states). However, many states recognize harboring a runaway or crossing state lines a crime. Do you think your boyfriend and/or his family would be willing to take that risk?

    You mention that your parents act as if they don’t care which sounds pretty difficult. If you left what do you think they would do? Many parents choose to file a runaway report which goes into a database called the NCIC (National Crime Information Center). Police can run youth they suspect might be runaways into the NCIC regardless of what city/ state they are in. If you run away and that happens, they generally just send youth back home or find temporary shelter until transportation arrangements can be made.

    We are not here to tell anyone what to do, but rather be supportive and help you through possible options. We are anonymous, confidential, and available 24/7. We hope that you are able to stay safe and that things get better.

    Best of luck, NRS
    Please remember you can reach us directly by calling our 24 hour hotline, 1-800-RUNAWAY (786-2929) or through our Live Chat.

    National Runaway Safeline
    [email protected] (Crisis Email)
    1-800-RUNAWAY (24 Hour Hotline)

    Tell us what you think about your experience!


    Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
    Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
    or Allowed Filetypes: jpg, jpeg, png, gif, webp