parents

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• parents

(im 15) My parents are old.. like my dad is 70 and my mom is 53. She suffered from breast cancer back when i belive i was in 2nd grade, and she is currently sick with servire stomach pains.
    My dad left last Feburary we didnt know where he went.. for a month? I dont know i have almost compleatly blocked out the memories. He came back beofre my 8th grade year. I didnt want him back.. my mom did tho because she loved him. They were always on and off, getting a devorice, everything is better, ect, ect. My mom said things would change but i dont see that they have. He still goes on rampages where he goes around stomping and yelling about everything( but with no physcical abuse) My mom does the same thing when she is in pain.. and I always seem to be the target of it. I feel like everything i do is wrong, or screwed up. My grades arnt good enough for my parents, they expdct strait A's when i do not see that as possible. They over react to everything and say obserd things.. Like my dad thretanded to disown my brother once. I know tihis dosnt seem survirer. but i really can NOT take all the yelling.. i feel like ive already set myself up to be a failur in life. My mom is always talking about how my future will be ruined and i will be going to a comunty collage. i just cant take it anymore... my mom is always saying how she could die, my dad is still thretaning to leave because he dosnt feel 'welcome' WEll why should i welcome him when he would just leave at any moment? when he isnt happy. WELL i am not happy... so why cant i jsut leave? :// I really dont see any way to fix things... this is just how my parents are.. and i get sick because of all of it.. what do i do? :// ive become just depressed, nothing seems worth it. i dont wanna please my parnts, i dont wanna try to do well because it will never be good enough till im THE BEST. I dont think i can trust my dad to be here for me.... UGh

Re: parents

Thank you for reaching out to us at the National Runaway Switchboard. We are sorry to hear about everything that is going on between you and your parents. It must be difficult to have a mom who has suffered from breast cancer and now presently sick with severe stomach pains. It also sounds like it has been difficult when your dad has gone and then come back. You mention how both your parents go on rampages where they stomp and yell about everything and we are sorry to hear that you feel a target of it all. Feeling like you can’t trust your dad to be there doesn’t sound easy either. How do you normally deal with all that? Some people find it helpful to take their minds off of whatever difficulties they are experiencing whether that is through listening to music, reading, writing, art, sports, etc.

Or sometimes talking to someone can be beneficial. If you feel this is a possibility, do you have a friend, family member, teacher, etc. that you can discuss these things with?
    You mention that your grades are not good enough and that your mom has threatened you by saying your future will be ruined. What a lot to be going through especially when you are dealing with so many other issues. Have you tried tutoring or getting extra help at school? You also say that you are not happy and ask why you can’t leave. Running away is normally just a status offense, but harboring a runaway can be considered a misdemeanor. So, if you parents call you in as a runaway, whomever you stay with could potentially get in trouble.

We are concerned to hear that you’ve become depressed and nothing seems worth it. We are not sure how serious you are about these feelings, but if you are feeling suicidal you can always call the National Suicide Hotline at 1-800-273-TALK. Of course you are always welcome to call us at 1-800-RUNAWAY. We are anonymous, confidential, and available 24/7. We are not here to tell you what to do, but rather be supportive and help you try and come up with options. We hope that you are able to stay safe in the mean time and look forward to hearing from you whenever you feel comfortable calling us.

-NRS
    Please remember you can reach us directly by calling our 24 hour hotline, 1-800-RUNAWAY (786-2929) or through our Live Chat.

National Runaway Safeline
    [email protected] (Crisis Email)
    1-800-RUNAWAY (24 Hour Hotline)

Tell us what you think about your experience!
    https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/YourOpinionMattersToUs

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
    Auto-Saved
    x
    Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
    x
    x
    Working...
    X