Im 16 and i WAnt to leave this house full of problems

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Im 16 and i WAnt to leave this house full of problems

i have been dealing with this crap my whole life. . I know my parents break the law
    *neglect
    *child abuse
    *child labor
    *Verbal abuse
    i don't want them to go to jail because i'm not that mean. I am 16 years old and need leave this crappy place. I just need some help figuring how can i leave . i dont want to go to a foster home [ i been there once when i was around 5 years old i think, and it is the worst adventure ever. I didn't get treated nice there]
    >>>>>>PLEASE GIVE ME ANY INFORMATION ON WHAT TO DO, OR WHERE CAN I LIVE,<<<<<<
    also i got a small question too
    ~ Is it right to get my door taken away and having the parents control the room like touching my stuff?

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    more about my situation
    My dad is not in my life ,he dissapeard, i live with my birth mother and my step father. My step father retired from the army but use to be a Sergent. My step dad yells at me with his loud loud voice mainly because i don't respond to him or something else not worth getting worth yelling at. (i heard its against the law if they yell like that) almost everyday i would be called names from both my parents. my mom hits me, threatens me, lies to me, invade my privacy. I am very poor {idk about my parents though} its gone worse right now i am protesting and saying no to them [ like now i am saying i never going to watch my little sister and last year(2009)i was constantly watching my sister for a long time toooo long . almost everyday. i dont get paid or nothing . it is very long because i go to a high school online. i am getting distracted from school. I AM SUFFERING SO BAD .

Re: Im 16 and i WAnt to leave this house full of problems

Hi thanks for posting,
    We're sorry to hear you are going through such a tough time at home.
    You were very opened about how you feel you may be being abused by your parents.
    At the same time you also feel that you would not want them to have any trouble or go to jail for what you describe is happening to you. Jail is not always the result when a child abuse report is filed. It may however be investigated to determine what is actually taking place in the home. How would you like for us to assist you? Are you interested in finding a shelter or safe place? Are there any relatives or friends you can turn to for support?
    You have a great deal of experience dealing with the treatment you recieve from your parents.
    Has there been any method for which you have tried that works in avoiding being hit or yelled at by them? Have you and your parents ever been to counseling? would that be an option you could see happening? We are not aware of the legalities of your door being removed or having someone go through your things. We do understand your objection to the lack of privacy.
    Have your parents discussed with you what has to happen for this to change. What occurred for them to take such action? We would much like for you to call our 1-800-Runaway 24hr Crisis Hotline to discuss more in depth about your situation. This may help to come up with suitable options for you as well as help to develop a plan of action. We hope to hear from you soon. Be safe.
    Take care,
    NRS
    Please remember you can reach us directly by calling our 24 hour hotline, 1-800-RUNAWAY (786-2929) or through our Live Chat.

National Runaway Safeline
    [email protected] (Crisis Email)
    1-800-RUNAWAY (24 Hour Hotline)

Tell us what you think about your experience!
    https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/YourOpinionMattersToUs

Comment

don't put yourself through this. go to the cops.

Comment

Thank you for your comment. It sounds like you are trying to encourage our poster to report child abuse to the police. We are not here to tell anyone whether they should or shouldn’t make an abuse report, however, we would be happy to assist our callers with the process If they decide they would like to make a report. Should either of you have any additional questions about child abuse reporting or would like help making a report, feel free to call us at 1-800-RUNAWAY.

Best of luck, NRS
        Please remember you can reach us directly by calling our 24 hour hotline, 1-800-RUNAWAY (786-2929) or through our Live Chat.

Comment

I believe that this board is meant to help kids in need. I believe that others should be able to suggest that a child/teen in crisis consider speaking to a counselor or police officer if they are in crisis. Without knowing their choices these teens/children may be trapped in an abusive relationship. Options are important.

Comment

Hello,

Thank you for responding to our post at the National Runaway Switchboard. We appreciate you stating that our resources here can be effective to those in need. We are committed to helping keep runaways and homeless youth safe and off the streets. We are here for everyone, any time of day. We can always be reached 7 days a week at 1800RUNAWAY to discuss more options and resources. Stay in touch. Good luck.

-NRS

Comment

im 16 i need help &amp; dont know what to do :'(

Ive always lived with my mom she's not a drug addict or has ever left me in the streets but she has treated me and my brothers & sisters like slaves she's super abusive verbally physically & mentally about 3 years ago my mom and my dad seperated because my dad hit her and she filed a restrainig order against him now I only get to see my dad on certain days I'm so sad because I miss him & ever since he left she's treated me horrible I'm a junior in highschool with good grades & I plan to go to college & make the best of life but I'm tired of coming home & cleaning all day and making sure my younger siblings are taken care of I'm not the oldest child I'm the middle child yet I feel like I'm the mother I'm tired of always getting yelled at by my mom over everything I try to be a good daughter but it seems like nothing works I don't know where to get help I don't want to live with my mom anymore she insults me everyday & tells me how I'm worth less and lazy she also hits me and I also have a stepdad who hits on me all the time & its really uncomfortable he's never done anything to me but I fear he might my house no longer feels like a home to me :'( there's moments where I feel like dieing i really really need help in finding a new place to live

Comment

re: im 16 i need help &amp; dont know what to do :'(

Thanks for contacting the National Runaway Safeline. We are so sorry to hear about the things that are happening to you. No one deserves to get treated that way. Is your father or anyone else aware of the abuse that is taking place in your home? It seems like things have continuously gotten worst since your father and your mother separated. You mentioned that you are still allowed to see your father on scheduled days. Have you and your father ever discussed you staying with him until you finish high school? Living in such an unhealthy home environment can sometimes have a negative impact on youth’s school work. It’s amazing that you are still getting good grades and still optimistic about your future in school. We can discuss with your housing options. It may be easier to assist you over the phone. Is it possible for you to give us a call? Our hotline is toll-free, confidential, anonymous, and available 24/7. In additional to discussing housing, we can discuss other options (i.e. child abuse reporting). The resources that are available will also depend on the city and state that you’re located in. If you don’t feel comfortable calling us at 1-800-RUNAWAY, we can also be reached through our Live Chat, available between 4:30pm and 11:30pm CST.

Remember if you’re immediate safety is ever at risk, you can dial 9-11 to get help. We look forward to hearing from you and we wish you the best of luck.

~ NRS

Comment

Agreed

The same way with my parents, unfortanetely I recently turned 17 but it's been like this forever. If I go to an orphanage I'll just have to leave in a year, and either that I doubt anyone would take me in. I don't ask for much at all, don't care for theme parks or ice cream, just the basics without nagging or drama. Oh well

Comment

RE: Agreed

Hi,

Thanks for responding to our post at the National Runaway Safeline. It seems like you have a lot of things going on in your life right now. It sounds like you are a person who has a clear expectation of what you want. It doesn’t sound like you’re asking for a lot. If you’d like to talk about some stuff or go over some options that might be available to you, you can call us anytime at 1-800-RUNAWAY (786-2929). If calling isn’t your thing, you can contact us through chat on our website (www.1800runaway.org) from 4:30pm-11:30pm Central Standard Time.

We are looking forward to hearing from you. Good luck!

-NRS

Comment

im 16 and im struggling alot at home and I dont know what to do

It has always been me and my mom because my dad left me when I was born. All my life I have struggled with alot of physical and mental abuse. She claims she loves me but does things I mother should never do to her child. She has nervous breakdowns where she hits, throws things at me, and yells extreamly hurtfull things. Im so tired of this, I have alot of family willing to support me and take me in but she has custody of me and wont let me go. Just yesterday I was having problems at school and I tried to cry and tell my mom she lashed out at me and said it was probably my fault because im such a horrible kid. What kind of mother does that? All I wanted is her support. But instead she strangled me and mentally abused me. I'm sick of this and I want to leave, but I cant if she wont let me go. What can I do?

Comment

Re: im 16 and im struggling alot at home and I dont know what to do

Hello,

Thank you for reaching out to the National Runaway Safeline during this difficult time. It sounds like you have been through a very painful and scary time. Nobody deserves to be abused. You do have a right to be safe in your own home. It is great that you have supportive family members who would be willing to help you, have you told anyone about what is going on at home?

Here at the National Runaway Safeline, we are mandated reporters. That means that although we are confidential and anonymous we are also required to report to law enforcement if we hear that a minor is being abused. You don’t have to report if you don’t want to, but if you decide to report the abuse, we can help. You can also talk to a trusted adult at school (like a teacher or counselor) or call Child Protective Services directly yourself.

You also mentioned that you have family that you could live with, but your mom will not give you permission to leave. Although we are not lawyers, we can explain what we know about the runaway laws. Technically, it is not against the law to run away. In most places it’s considered a status offence. However, anyone that you would be caught staying with could be charged with ‘harboring a runaway’. The police do have some discretion when it comes to returning a youth home, especially if home may not be a safe place.

Since we are a non-directive hotline we cannot tell you what you should or shouldn’t do. We can however help you explore options, offer any resources that may be of use and are always here to support you in any way we can. We can be reached 24/7 at 1-800-RUNAWAY(786-2929) or by live chat at www.1800runaway.org from 4:30pm-11:30 pm Central Standard Time. We look forward to hearing from you and wish you the best of luck.

- NRS

Comment

I'm 16 and I'm worried for my life.

My younger sister tried to kill me which doesn't sound all that threatening unless you know that she's the 5"5 to my 5"2 and 150 pounds to my 120. It resulted in me calling the police while she rammed my bedroom door trying to get in. Both the police and my Mother arrived home at the same time and they both dismissed it as a sibling fight. My Mom continues to leave and stay out at all hours of the night and the police don't care. Since then, my sister has begun to simply terrorize me. If we're alone in the kitchen, she'll pick up the only knife and taunt me. When we walk past each other she makes sure to shove me. Our rooms are next to each other and she'll jump around with the music on blast on all hours, something she didn't do before our fight. I don't sleep all that much anymore because I don't have a lock on my door I'm always afraid she's going to come in and finish the job. It's terrifying to know that someone who would kill without hesitation is living in the room next to mine and no one seems to understand that she will kill another human being without remorse or they just don't care.

(I recently moved in with my Mother and sister just a year ago after leaving my Aunt's house)

I've been looking for somewhere else to go. I do have other family but none of them will take me. There's never enough room or they just don't care. I'm open to any suggestions on how to get away with out becoming homeless. Please help me.

Comment

re: I'm 16 and I'm worried for my life.

Hi there,

Thanks for reaching out tonight. It sounds like you are in a really scary situation with your sister. You don’t deserve to live in an environment where you feel your safety is at risk. Your sister is wrong to treat you that way. It sounds like you’ve taken some steps to try and protect yourself (talked to your mom, reached out to other family), but that none of them have worked out. So let’s see how we can help you out tonight.

One resource that we might be able to look up for you is shelters where you could stay. If you call us at 1-800-RUNAWAY (786-2929) we would be able to provide you with numbers to places near to you.

Another resource that might be helpful to you is the National Domestic Violence Hotline. They would be able to talk with you about ways to stay safe and other ways to protect yourself from your sister. You can call them at 1-800-799-7233.

We hope this information is helpful to you and we hope that you continue to reach out for support. Again, you can call us 24 hours a day at 1-800-RUNAWAY (786-2929). If you aren’t able to call, you can chat with us through our website (www.1800runaway.org) from 4.30pm-11.30pm Central Time. Thanks for posting here and we look forward to your call or chat.

Good luck to you,

NRS

Comment

I have questions

Hi, I am 16 and really want to leave home....So many things have happened in the past two years that I am just fed up of...I don't want to be any where near my father,and step mother...they claim in every-way possible that I am the one at fault even though this relationship involves them being a part of it. I want to be a perfect stranger to them since I am no longer considered a daughter, though i don't blame him..I need some where to stay at least for the last full year I have till I reach 18....I feel that staying another year will destroy who I am. Can I be helped?

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                              Auto-Saved
                              x
                              Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                              x
                              x
                              Working...
                              X