•  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ccsmod3
    replied
    Re: I want to leave home

Thank you for contacting us at the National Runaway Switchboard. We are sorry to hear about everything you have gone through with your parents. No one deserves to be touched inappropriately and we are sorry to hear that Child Protective Services are not doing anything since you are so close to turning 18. It sounds like you are willing to wait until you are 18 to leave which may allow you more options if the age of majority in your state is 18. Some areas have what is known as TLPs (Transitional Living Programs) or ILPs (Independent Living Programs.) These are generally for youth between the ages of 18 to 21 and work with youth to gain employable skills and eventually independence. They often offer counseling too, if you feel that may be beneficial in dealing with your past experiences. Here is a link with some alternative housing resources, but if you don’t find one in your city/state, you are welcome to call us to discuss other options.
    http://www.acf.hhs.gov/programs/fysb/co ... locate.htm

We hope you are able to stay safe and if at any time you don’t, remember you can always call us at 1-800-RUNAWAY. We are anonymous, confidential, and are available 24/7. We are mandated reporters, but we would need certain identifying information (like names, addresses, phone numbers, etc.) before we would be forced to try and make a report. Of course, whatever information you give us would be up to you though. We wish you the best of luck and hope you are able to hang in there!

-NRS

Leave a comment:

Guest started a topic I want to leave home

I want to leave home

I'm afraid whenever I'm home. My mom has issues but won't take therapy. She has tried to stab and choke me before, she pushes me really hard sometimes and hits me. Both of my parents have touched me what I feel is inappropriately (with clothes on). except for once when I was really little and they molested me. I've talked to Child Protective Services several times but because I'm 2 weeks away from being 18 they don't seem to be willing to help me, and I don't have any bruises. My parents are also always cursing at me, telling me demeaning things, and sometimes make sexual comments at me. When I'm 18 I would like to leave home but I can't live with any relatives or friends. So what am I supposed to do? I feel like I'm not safe at home and that my mom might actually harm me more severely next time.
Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
Auto-Saved
x
Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
x
x
Working...
X