i dont know what to do

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• i dont know what to do

i am a high school freshmen and i have gotten a 4.0 gpa on every report i have ever gotton. I am the smartest out of all my sisters and i used to want to do aomething great with my life and every one expects it of me. But now i just dont care and i dont want to be in school any longer. I have talked to my mom about homeschooling myself which she knows would only take 2 years at max for me but she wont let me. Then i asked about a GED and she told me a Good Enough Degree wont get me into a good college and i know she is right but she doesnt seem to get nor does anyone else that i no longer want to go to college or do anything very elborate with my whole family. If i decide not to go to college my dad and mom will be furios and will refuse to offer any finacial support. I used to like school and dreamed of winning the Noble Peace Prize but now i just want to move on with my life. things are emensly stressful at home because one of my sisters was anerexic the other is bipolar my dad is never home and no one has noticed that i am severly depressed.I dont want to dissapoint my parents but i know that no matter what i will because i cant live up to their expectations and if they cant except what i what (which they wont) i will have to run so i wont be under all this emtional stress.

Re: i dont know what to do

Thank you for reaching out to us and sharing a little about your situation. We are sorry to hear that you have been feeling depress and that no one has noticed that. It sounds like that has been tough on you. Have you considered letting your family know how you have been feeling? Sometimes it can be hard to know how someone feels, unless they tell us. Have you talked to anyone about how you have been feeling (teacher, friend, neighbor, relative or someone that you trust)? It sounds like feeling depressed, emotional distressed and trying to not disappointing your parents. You are welcome to contact the National Suicide Hotline at 1800-273-TALK (8255) or view their website: http://www.suicidepreventionlifeline.org/. They are a support line for people who are feeling alone, hopeless, depressed or even suicidal ideations. From what you mention, it sounds like you had personal aspiring goals for yourself of wanting to go to college after high school and to win the Noble Pease prize Do you feel these changes could be related to feeling depressed? You are a smart person from what you had shared with us and it sounds like you have put some thought into other options. We applauded you for that.

It sounds like you have been feeling emotionally distressed to the point of possible runaway. Here are some questions to think about before you leave, which are directly from our website:

• What else can I do to improve my home situation before I leave?
    • What would make me stay at home?
    • How will I survive?
    • Is running away safe?
    • Who can I count on to help me?
    • Am I being realistic?
    • Have I given this enough thought?
    • What are my other options?
    • If I end up in trouble, who will I call?
    • When I return home, what will happen?

We are a 24/7 confidential, anonymous crisis line. We do not tell people what to do or what not to do. However, we are here to explore options with you. We can provide local resources/referrals, discuss options and be a listening ear. We can also assist in conference calling to other social service agencies and/or your parent/legal guardian. You are welcome to call us if you would like to discuss your situation in more detail. We look forward in talking more with you and wish you the best!

Take care,
    NRS
    Please remember you can reach us directly by calling our 24 hour hotline, 1-800-RUNAWAY (786-2929) or through our Live Chat.

National Runaway Safeline
    [email protected] (Crisis Email)
    1-800-RUNAWAY (24 Hour Hotline)

Tell us what you think about your experience!
    https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/YourOpinionMattersToUs

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
    Auto-Saved
    x
    Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
    x
    x
    Working...
    X