No announcement yet.

Family problems

  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Family problems

    I'm not sure but I've been giving my parents trouble for 4 years now since I was 11, I did a bunch of stuff, sexting with older people and stealing a phone, but now my parents are tired of it and said that this was my last chanc, they're planning to send me back to Trinidad to live with my grandma but I don't want to, I want to run away and go to my boyfriend's house and beg his mom to let me stay there but I don't know what she will say, I don't want to get sent back to Trinidad

  • #2

    Thanks for reaching out to us. We are so sorry that things at home have been so tough. It sounds like you would like to live with your boyfriend and his mom and you have questions about how to approach your situation. We cannot tell you what to do, but we will do our best to share information that might be able to help.

    We are not legal experts, but from what we do know, if you are considered a minor in your state, your parents/legal guardians decide where you live and with who. If you leave without their consent, they can report you as a runaway to your local police department. Running away is not illegal, but in some states it is considered a status offense. If you live in an area where local police actively search for runaway youth and they find you, they would typically return you to your parent/legal guardian. Although it is technically not illegal for you to run away, anyone that you stay with runs the risk of being charged with harboring a runaway or aiding and abetting in the delinquency of a minor. To get more information on how your local police department typically handles runaway reports, it may help to call them at their non-emergency phone number. If you need help finding their contact information, or if you just want to talk, please don't hesitate to reach out to us.

    Whatever you decide, know that we are here to support you. If you would like to talk more in detail please contact our 24/7 crisis support line either by phone or chat.

    Our contact information is 1-800-RUNAWAY (786-2929); (click on the chat button).

    If you are at risk of any danger or feeling unsafe, we encourage you to reach out to 911 or seek emergency assistance immediately.

    We hope to hear from you soon.

    Be safe,

    Please remember you can reach us directly by calling our 24 hour hotline, 1-800-RUNAWAY (786-2929) or through our Live Chat.

    National Runaway Safeline
    [email protected] (Crisis Email)
    1-800-RUNAWAY (24 Hour Hotline)


    Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
    Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
    or Allowed Filetypes: jpg, jpeg, png, gif, webp