18 and have nowhere to go

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 18 and have nowhere to go

I'm 18 years old and I don't know where to turn to. Last year I was given medical leave from my high school, I had been hospitalized for suicidal plans and was sent to a boarding school for non-verbal learning disorders. Now I'm getting medical leave from the boarding school for not attending class and cannot go home as my parents no longer want anything to do with me. Ive been struggling with severe depression presenting with psychosis for two years and am not sure what to do with my life at this point, it seems there is no hope left for me.

Re: 18 and have nowhere to go

Thank you for posting bulletin and reaching out to us. We are sorry to hear that you have been struggling with depression. It sounds like it has also affected your attendance at school. It sounds like these feelings have leaded you to the point of not being sure where to go and feelings of hopelessness. We are sorry to hear how you have been feeling, but hope to provide some assistance for you. It sounds like it has been difficult to feel that your parents want nothing to do with you. It is understandable that it would be hard to decide what to do with your life when you have been feeling depressed.

Do you have anyone that you can confide in and trust (friend, relative, teacher or counselor)? You are welcome to contact the National Suicide Hotline if you are feeling sad, depressed, suicidal ideations or just needing someone to talk to. They can be reach at 1800-273-TALK (8255) or view their website: http://www.suicidepreventionlifeline.org/Default.aspx. If you feel that you are in immediate danger of harming yourself or others; it is best to call 911 for help.

We are a 24/7 confidential, anonymous, non-judgmental crisis line. We can provide local services, resources, conference calling, explore options, process through your situation and just a listening ear. Our number is 1800RUNAWAY (786-2929). You are welcome to call us to discuss in more detail about your situation. We look forward in talking more with you and wish you the best!

Take care,
    NRS
    Please remember you can reach us directly by calling our 24 hour hotline, 1-800-RUNAWAY (786-2929) or through our Live Chat.

National Runaway Safeline
    [email protected] (Crisis Email)
    1-800-RUNAWAY (24 Hour Hotline)

Tell us what you think about your experience!
    https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/YourOpinionMattersToUs

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
    Auto-Saved
    x
    Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
    x
    x
    Working...
    X