Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 13 and want to go into foster care

My mom and family don't care I'm 13 I want to go into foster care bc my mom and family don't support me because I am trans and pan I want to run away almost twice a week and hate my life I just wish that I could end it I want to go into foster care but my family would ask questions and not let me bc they will just think I'm paranoid I do sh and vape bc my family doesn't pay attention to me so why do I even bother

Hi there,
    Thanks for reaching out to NRS. That sounds like a tough situation to be in, and it can be difficult to get into foster care and placed with a good family. You deserve to have support for your identities from the people around you, and they should be paying attention to what you’re going through. There are some great resources out there for people who are dealing with feelings of depression and self-harm particularly NAMI (National Alliance on Mental Illness) at www.nami.org or 1-800-950-NAMI or nami.org and To Write Love on Her Arms at www.twloha.org. Some other great resources for LGBT+ specific support are It Gets Better at itgetsbetter.org, The Trevor Project at www.thetrevorproject.org, and Trans Lifeline agency at www.translifeline.org and (877) 565-8860. Our ability to help here on the forums is limited, so the best way for us to help you is to call us at 1-800-RUNAWAY or chat with us at 1800runaway.org if you have, questions, need assistance, or just need somebody to talk to.
    Stay Safe,

NRS
    Please remember you can reach us directly by calling our 24 hour hotline, 1-800-RUNAWAY (786-2929) or through our Live Chat.

National Runaway Safeline
    [email protected] (Crisis Email)
    1-800-RUNAWAY (24 Hour Hotline)

Tell us what you think about your experience!
    https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/YourOpinionMattersToUs

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
    Auto-Saved
    x
    Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
    x
    or Allowed Filetypes: jpg, jpeg, png, gif, webp
    x
    x
    Working...
    X