I Know I Need Help

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I Know I Need Help

I knew about this website so I'm going to post this here and don't know where else to go.
    I'm a freshman in college and I've failed out of it. Lost my scholarships and everything. Once this semester is over I have to go back home and I really don't want to. I have a horrible home life. I've thought about and even attempted suicide....that's how Bad I don't want to go back home. Even thought about running away but where would I go? ...Nowhere. I'm really worried and I don't know what to do. I need help; I really do.

Re: I Know I Need Help

Thanks for posting a bulletin. We’re glad you knew about our website and are here to help you. We’re really sorry to hear about all that you’re going through. It sounds like you’re feeling like you’re going to have to return home, but that it’s not the best living situation for you.

Do you have any other options of a place that you can stay once you have to leave college? You probably already know this, but since you’re legally an adult you don’t have to live at home. But we also recognize that you may feel like you don’t have any other options of a place to stay. Have you ever considered looking into a alternative housing program? There are several of these throughout the US that are specifically for young adults. Many times they’re called Transitional Living Programs or Independent Living Programs. They’re for youth that don’t have other options of safe places to stay and want help becoming independent. For a list of such organizations go to: http://ncfy.acf.hhs.gov/locate/index.htm. You can select a state to look in. The programs that have TLPS have an X under that section. The ones that have Basic Centers may also be helpful, although sometimes you have to be under 18 to access these services. The Basic Centers are usually more emergency shelters, in which people can stay for a short period of time.

We know that calling agencies can be scary, so we want you to know you don’t have to do it alone. If you think a TLP is something you’d like to know more about or see if you could get into, you’re welcome to call us at 1-800-RUNAWAY. We would be able to help you conference calls with the TLPs, to help advocate for you. The link provided doesn’t encompass all programs either, so if the area you’re in doesn’t have one, we have a separate database that we could search for additional resources.

One thing that you mentioned in your post was that you’ve attempted suicide in the past. Are you feeling suicidal right now? We hope that if you are or if you ever do in the future, that you’d be willing to call and talk to someone about those feelings. We’re always here for that, but there’s also a National Suicide Hotline, 1-800-273-TALK that’s also 24 hours.
    We want you to know that we’re here for you should you ever need to talk further about this, want help conference calling agencies or other local organizations. We’re completely confidential and anonymous. We’re available 24/7 and someone is always available to listen to you and help you come up with a plan that you feel comfortable with. It’s great that you’re being proactive and trying to find a solution before the end of the semester. We’re here if you need us.
    Please remember you can reach us directly by calling our 24 hour hotline, 1-800-RUNAWAY (786-2929) or through our Live Chat.

National Runaway Safeline
    [email protected] (Crisis Email)
    1-800-RUNAWAY (24 Hour Hotline)

Tell us what you think about your experience!
    https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/YourOpinionMattersToUs

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
    Auto-Saved
    x
    Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
    x
    x
    Working...
    X