Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Toxic Mother and Worried Me

Hello. I’m only a Minor who wants to Run Away from my Home. The reason is because my Mom and I are always fighting and she Emotionally Abuses me. But when I do try to talk to her about it she makes the situation worse. Another reason is that she doesn’t support me for being Part of the LGBTQ+ and Being Transgender. My Friends are also joining me because they also have parents who abuses them mainly Emotionally. But we already planned where we were heading but the problem is.. I’m scared about my dad finding out about it. You see. My mom and Dad are Divorced and are Fighting Custody over me. And I feel like if my dad finds out he’s going to get scared and try to find me to bring me back to my mom. I really Don’t Know what to do but I already have Many Places I saved to go + directions to there. I have Bags Packed to. I’m not Sure What to do because of my dad who cares for me more than my mom. Any help will do! Thank you!

Thank you so much for reaching out to the National Runaway Safeline. It certainly sounds like you are having a real challenge in communicating with your mom which is never easy. It seems like there is the added issue with the way in which your mom is handling your gender identification which can often add tension in a household. Those things, plus being fought over for custody have likely made things pretty tense for you and I am really sorry to know you’re going through all of it! I would recommend you reaching out to the LGBTQ Youth Hotline at 1-888-246-7743 or The Trevor Project at www.thetrevorproject.org for assistance on ideas on speaking with your mom and dad on the subject.

It sounds like you have tried to put a plan together by having bags packed and places to go which is good. But, running away will also take money for food, essentials and transportation, and knowing how to avoid people who you may find who try to take advantage of teenagers. Also, as you have not identified your age or the state you are living in, it’s impossible for us to look at state laws regarding running away which is important to know before leaving home.

It would be great if you could reach out to us so we can learn a bit more about your situation and see if we can look at our resources here at NRS to see what might be of assistance to you. We can be reached at www.1800runaway.org through our Chat Option or via phone at 1-800-786-2929 should you which to speak to someone.

Again, thanks for reaching out to us. We look forward to speaking to you!

Sincerely,

National Runaway Safeline
    Please remember you can reach us directly by calling our 24 hour hotline, 1-800-RUNAWAY (786-2929) or through our Live Chat.

National Runaway Safeline
    [email protected] (Crisis Email)
    1-800-RUNAWAY (24 Hour Hotline)
    https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/YourOpinionMattersToUs

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
    Auto-Saved
    x
    Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
    x
    or Allowed Filetypes: jpg, jpeg, png, gif, webp
    x
    x
    Working...
    X