Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

My mom is mentally abusive and likes to fight when her anger gets the best of her

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My mom is mentally abusive and likes to fight when her anger gets the best of her

My mother (39) has anger issues and has 4 children, me (14) being the oldest. I am not saying I hate her but she can't seem to understand that I am just as much of a human being as her. Today was the second time she fought me like I was her age. She obviously has frustrations but I genuinely can not deal with her. I am thinking of running away and in the state that I live in it won't be a status offense. I am thinking abt leaving and just going to my friend's house. Next time she lays her hands on me I am prepared to do what I have to do and I am leaving.

Hi there, thank you for reaching out. It sounds like you are having issues with your mom and that mom has been physically abused towards you. You do not deserve to be treated this way. It sounds like you recognize that she has her own frustrations, but that does not mean that she should be taking them out on you. It seems like you are prepared and have a place to go the next time something happens which is helpful, but your mom could file a runaway report if you leave without her permission. Not sure what state you are in where it wouldn’t be considered a status offense, but if you would like to talk about this more with us please call our hotline 1-800-RUNAWAY (786-2929) or chat us online at 1800runaway.org. We hope to hear from you soon.
    Be safe,
    NRS
    Please remember you can reach us directly by calling our 24 hour hotline, 1-800-RUNAWAY (786-2929) or through our Live Chat.

National Runaway Safeline
    [email protected] (Crisis Email)
    1-800-RUNAWAY (24 Hour Hotline)

Tell us what you think about your experience!
    https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/YourOpinionMattersToUs

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
    Auto-Saved
    x
    Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
    x
    or Allowed Filetypes: jpg, jpeg, png, gif, webp
    x
    x
    Working...
    X