Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I locked myself in my room.

I got into a huge fight with my parents and they said they were going to take everything away so decided I locked myself in my room, but now I'm trapped in here, they said if I ever came out of my room even if it was for school they'd take everything away for the rest of my life and I currently have no food or anything in my room. What should I do?

Originally posted by Guest View Post
    I got into a huge fight with my parents and they said they were going to take everything away so decided I locked myself in my room, but now I'm trapped in here, they said if I ever came out of my room even if it was for school they'd take everything away for the rest of my life and I currently have no food or anything in my room. What should I do?
    By the time we are responding to this post, it's possible your situation has changed. It sounds like your fight with your parents may have made you feel scared, or sad, or angry, or a combination of feelings. Isolating yourself so you have time to think, breathe, and process your feelings when things get heated can actually be a very smart strategy to deal with arguments/disagreements. It sounds like your parents didn't like that you weren't responding to them and planned to punish you for that. This can make it really hard to feel safe talking with them in the future.

Unfortunately it is pretty impossible to stay in your room forever. We hope you were able to work things out with your parents by the time you read this, but if not, you could live chat us (1800runway.org) or call us (1-800-RUNAWAY) and we could then call your parents on your behalf to talk with them and try to find a solution. You don't deserve to feel afraid in your own home.

If you can, it may be useful to take the time to process how you feel and communicate it to your parents, without necessarily placing blame on them (even if it feels deserved). This can be a good first step toward finding peace.
    Please remember you can reach us directly by calling our 24 hour hotline, 1-800-RUNAWAY (786-2929) or through our Live Chat.

National Runaway Safeline
    [email protected] (Crisis Email)
    1-800-RUNAWAY (24 Hour Hotline)

Tell us what you think about your experience!
    https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/YourOpinionMattersToUs

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
    Auto-Saved
    x
    Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
    x
    or Allowed Filetypes: jpg, jpeg, png, gif, webp
    x
    x
    Working...
    X