Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Running away

Hi I'm a 17 year old from Indiana. I am planning to run away. I have a friend who is more than likely to do it with me. We have a base plan and enkigj money to survive quiet a while. I however do have a couple of questions. I am in high school my senior year. I have all my credits except one math and English credits. Here is the questions
    1 can I go school in another state.
    2 how can I get a job I have my SSN and birth certificate with me.
    3 can I face any charges for running away.
    I am turning 18 before my friend if I turn 18/and he's still a monitor could it be consider a kid napping thanks I'm still getting prepared before leaving and I need to know these answers.

Hi there, thank you for reaching out. It sounds like you and a friend have been thinking about and planning to run away. Answering your questions, your parents/guardians are the ones who enroll you in school so that could make it difficult to try and enroll out of state. It is helpful having your SSN and birth certificate to get a job, but unsure if a company you apply to might do a background check and see that you are considered a runaway. Running away is what is considered a status offense meaning it is only illegal because you are under 18, so you would not face charges, but would likely be brought back home if you are found. If someone over 18 is living with a runaway, you could be charged with harboring a runaway and could face charges.
    If you are interested and would like to discuss this further, please call our hotline 1-800-RUNAWAY (786-2929) or chat us online at 1800runaway.org. We hope to hear from you soon.
    Be safe,
    NRS
    Please remember you can reach us directly by calling our 24 hour hotline, 1-800-RUNAWAY (786-2929) or through our Live Chat.

National Runaway Safeline
    [email protected] (Crisis Email)
    1-800-RUNAWAY (24 Hour Hotline)

Tell us what you think about your experience!
    https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/YourOpinionMattersToUs

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
    Auto-Saved
    x
    Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
    x
    or Allowed Filetypes: jpg, jpeg, png, gif, webp
    x
    x
    Working...
    X