Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A complicated situation.

I ( 17 F ) have lived with Al ( 50 M) for about a year now. He was basically a stranger to me when he first moved into our old house. At first it started with “sleepovers”. I begged my mom to not have him sleep over because it made me uncomfortable. my mom and dad were in the middle of getting a divorce . Plus my dad still lived at the house until he was able to move into his sisters house. Anyways The first time he slept over I caught him shirtless (the blanket was covering his other half so I don’t know what totally happened) when I busted through the door that my mom was trying to force shut with her body (the door couldn’t lock) and it sounded like they were having sex before I busted in . I first gave them a warning that I was coming in so my mom was dressed cause of that reason. I warned Al that he better leave. My dad was soon to come home . When my dad came home I told him that My mom was in bed with her boyfriend and I told him to look inside . But then I realized that it would probably ruin my moms life so I told him after that I was just joking. Anyways for the past few months until we moved out, I was basically living with a stranger (they even got engaged within those months). Basically what’s going on now in the present is that Al thinks I’m lazy and he constantly picks on me and his excuse is that he’s a jokester . I’ve gotten so tired of the way he treated me and I even ran away a few days after he called me a **********. He said he wouldn’t apologize. My mom sometimes defends him. I just don’t know what to do anymore every time I get home from work the first thing that happens is that I get disrespected by him and I want to tell my father what’s going on but now my mom and my dad are officially divorced so if he finds out my mom won’t get alimony. We are literally dependent on this man (Al) we live off his money and he helps pay the bills . My mom doesn’t even work cause Al tells her she can’t work. So idk what to do I’m just tired of living here and Al wants me to move out once I’m 18 but I don’t have a stable enough job or a car/license .

Hi there, thank you for reaching out and sharing what has been going on for the past year. It sounds like a difficult situation with your parents getting divorced and your mom having a new boyfriend in the house, especially someone you do not feel comfortable with. It sounds like your there have always been issues with Al and that he is not willing to apologize for how he has been treating you and that he is not willing to change. It can be hard since your mom is dependent on him, but it is important that you feel safe in your own home and the people you live with. An option is to try to talk with your mom about how you have been feeling and see if there is something she can do to help make you feel more comfortable. Another option is to see if you can live with your dad instead, if that is somewhere you might feel more comfortable. If you would like to discuss this further, please call our hotline 1-800-RUNAWAY (786-2929) or chat us online at 1800runaway.org.
    Be safe,
    NRS
    Please remember you can reach us directly by calling our 24 hour hotline, 1-800-RUNAWAY (786-2929) or through our Live Chat.

National Runaway Safeline
    [email protected] (Crisis Email)
    1-800-RUNAWAY (24 Hour Hotline)

Tell us what you think about your experience!
    https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/YourOpinionMattersToUs

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
    Auto-Saved
    x
    Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
    x
    or Allowed Filetypes: jpg, jpeg, png, gif, webp
    x
    x
    Working...
    X