Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

My parents constantly gaslight me and have told me they don't care if I live or die.

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My parents constantly gaslight me and have told me they don't care if I live or die.

As the title said, gaslighting is a major problem.
    I am considering running away, but I don't know.
    I have a friend who can take me in, but she lives over 700 miles away, and I'm only 13, so my only way to get to her house would be by bike.
    I know what to pack, how to pack, and how to survive.
    I know the legality of leaving, and all the risks that come with it.
    If you have any tips, for example a packing list or something, that would be useful.
    I would love it if someone could tell me whether I should or not.

Originally posted by Guest View Post
    As the title said, gaslighting is a major problem.
    I am considering running away, but I don't know.
    I have a friend who can take me in, but she lives over 700 miles away, and I'm only 13, so my only way to get to her house would be by bike.
    I know what to pack, how to pack, and how to survive.
    I know the legality of leaving, and all the risks that come with it.
    If you have any tips, for example a packing list or something, that would be useful.
    I would love it if someone could tell me whether I should or not.
    Hi, we're thankful you reached out for help. It is a very important step in improving your circumstances, and it takes a lot of courage.

It sounds like your parents haven't been treating you with total kindness, and the way they've spoken to you could justifiably make one feel angry, hurt, or sad. Your wellbeing matters, and we are here to help as best we can. You deserve to feel cared for, and to be able to enjoy life safely.

Running away can be difficult and come with its own set of stressors, but if it is the choice that is right for you, we're here to help you do it as safely as possible. We cannot tell you whether or not you "should" do it, because only you know what is right for you. But we can talk more about pros and cons in your situation.

If you need to know what to pack, consider how you will get in contact with people in case of emergencies, along with how you will pay for food, water, medical supplies, or transportation.

If you live chat us at 1800runaway.org or call us at 1-800-RUNAWAY we can discuss more of the details of your situation and provide more specific solutions, or we can just listen if you need someone to talk to.
    Please remember you can reach us directly by calling our 24 hour hotline, 1-800-RUNAWAY (786-2929) or through our Live Chat.

National Runaway Safeline
    [email protected] (Crisis Email)
    1-800-RUNAWAY (24 Hour Hotline)

Tell us what you think about your experience!
    https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/YourOpinionMattersToUs

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
    Auto-Saved
    x
    Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
    x
    or Allowed Filetypes: jpg, jpeg, png, gif, webp
    x
    x
    Working...
    X