Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

i'm 10 yrs old and i my family doesn't give me the correct freedom like I should.

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• i'm 10 yrs old and i my family doesn't give me the correct freedom like I should.

Hi I'm a 10 year old girl and I feel like most of my family controls me! First of all, my parents (well mostly my mom) controls what I watch on YT. I can't watch my favorite show SOTY family anymore because my parents think they are too much. They were only doing it for their YT channel. It isn't inappropriate or nothing. Next of all, my Grandma controls what I do. Sometimes she acts like a b****. When I ask if I can play on trampoline with my BOY COUSINS, all she says "You can't play because I don't want nothing happening to you". Well why do those boys get to play on the freaking trampoline. Sometimes I want to punch her a**. Then I have a crush on my 13 year old cousin. He's a boy. And I told my friend abt it and she said don't tell nobody. Then I eventually told my mom and she seemed calm abt it. But I looked at her closely and I could tell she wasn't comfortable with me liking my cousin. I mean, I like who I like! Maybe they are too safe.. He doesn't know. We ever even kissed!! Also my dad LITTERALY yells at me when I do something wrong. Sometimes it tough love, and I can see that, but I think he gets to far with it. Sometimes he hits me or pinches me. I hate it. Plus he is so embarrassing. He calls me Whoops Wee in front of folks and I don't feel comfortable. I ASK HIM TO STOP BUTNHE CONTINUES DOING IT. And my sister seems like she kinda abuses me. So sometimes if I do something annoying or whatever she would spit at me and sometimes hit me. She's only 8 years old and she kind of abuses me. She thinks she can control me. Sometimes I hit here back. She makes her sour face and she goes and tell. I always the one getting in trouble. Today I was using the bathroom and the door was WIDE open. My sister came in there and she was showing me her ***** and stuff. She was sitting on the sink. Then I finished using the bathroom. I POLITELY asked her to get off the sink so I can wash my hands. Ofc my sister was going to be stubborn. She said she was going to wash her hands, but really was just sitting on sink. I tried to keep myself together after a few more denies I was done for. I LITTERALY yelled at her and said "I told you to get off the freaking sink!!". Well ofc my mom rushed in the bathroom, wondering what was going on. Harley was whining and saying "Harper is trying to get my off the sink, but I was washing my hands". I told my mom that Harley was just sitting on the sink. Ofc my mom believes the little RAINBOW. Then she spit at me and slapped me in the face. But my grandparents in Birmingham doesn't abuse me or treat me or control me. I don't know if my sister is really abusing me or not but it feels like it.. My family really broke trust. Family are suppose to... well give each other freedom, not hold them in. To be honest I'm really tried if the s*** I'm running away! I need some advice, can you plz help me??
    Last edited by ccsmod10; 07-31-2022, 12:21 AM.

Originally posted by Guest View Post
    Hi I'm a 10 year old girl and I feel like most of my family controls me! First of all, my parents (well mostly my mom) controls what I watch on YT. I can't watch my favorite show SOTY family anymore because my parents think they are too much. They were only doing it for their YT channel. It isn't inappropriate or nothing. Next of all, my Grandma controls what I do. Sometimes she acts like a b****. When I ask if I can play on trampoline with my BOY COUSINS, all she says "You can't play because I don't want nothing happening to you". Well why do those boys get to play on the freaking trampoline. Sometimes I want to punch her a**. Then I have a crush on my 13 year old cousin. He's a boy. And I told my friend abt it and she said don't tell nobody. Then I eventually told my mom and she seemed calm abt it. But I looked at her closely and I could tell she wasn't comfortable with me liking my cousin. I mean, I like who I like! Maybe they are too safe.. He doesn't know. We ever even kissed!! Also my dad LITTERALY yells at me when I do something wrong. Sometimes it tough love, and I can see that, but I think he gets to far with it. Sometimes he hits me or pinches me. I hate it. Plus he is so embarrassing. He calls me Whoops Wee in front of folks and I don't feel comfortable. I ASK HIM TO STOP BUTNHE CONTINUES DOING IT. And my sister seems like she kinda abuses me. So sometimes if I do something annoying or whatever she would spit at me and sometimes hit me. She's only 8 years old and she kind of abuses me. She thinks she can control me. Sometimes I hit here back. She makes her sour face and she goes and tell. I always the one getting in trouble. Today I was using the bathroom and the door was WIDE open. My sister came in there and she was showing me her putty and stuff. She was sitting on the sink. Then I finished using the bathroom. I POLITELY asked her to get off the sink so I can wash my hands. Ofc my sister was going to be stubborn. She said she was going to wash her hands, but really was just sitting on sink. I tried to keep myself together after a few more denies I was done for. I LITTERALY yelled at her and said "I told you to get off the freaking sink!!". Well ofc my mom rushed in the bathroom, wondering what was going on. Harley was whining and saying "Harper is trying to get my off the sink, but I was washing my hands". I told my mom that Harley was just sitting on the sink. Ofc my mom believes the little RAINBOW. Then she spit at me and slapped me in the face. But my grandparents in Birmingham doesn't abuse me or treat me or control me. I don't know if my sister is really abusing me or not but it feels like it.. My family really broke trust. Family are suppose to... well give each other freedom, not hold them in. To be honest I'm really tried if the s*** I'm running away! I need some advice, can you plz help me??
    Hi there, we are thankful that you reached out to tell us about everything that has been happening. It sounds like you have been feeling very tightly controlled and like people in your family have not been trying to put themselves in your shoes or see things through your eyes. All of the emotions you are feeling (it sounds like you've been feeling angry, frustrated, and annoyed) are very normal ways to feel. You deserve to feel listened to, and it sounds like people around you have not been trying their best to help you feel understood.

We are here to help as best we can. Running away at your age can be very challenging but we can discuss things more if you decide that's what you need to do. It is best to discuss specific details over live chat or a phone call, so you can contact us at 1800runaway.org or 1-800-RUNAWAY to talk to someone about your situation.

Until then, it may be helpful to tell your family how you are feeling very openly and directly, including that you have been feeling controlled and maybe misunderstood or angry. If you can, try to focus the conversation on what you are feeling, and not putting blame on them, even if it is deserved.

Feel free to contact us again for further help, you do not have to deal with this alone.
    Please remember you can reach us directly by calling our 24 hour hotline, 1-800-RUNAWAY (786-2929) or through our Live Chat.

National Runaway Safeline
    [email protected] (Crisis Email)
    1-800-RUNAWAY (24 Hour Hotline)

Tell us what you think about your experience!
    https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/YourOpinionMattersToUs

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
    Auto-Saved
    x
    Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
    x
    or Allowed Filetypes: jpg, jpeg, png, gif, webp
    x
    x
    Working...
    X