Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• my boyfriend is about to be homeless

my boyfriend has been living with me, and due to an illogcial series of events, is being kicked out by my grandmother. the city we're in doesn't have a very good system to help the homeless, or people with a low income. he has a job, but he can't afford any of the apartments around here. he's thinking about contacting his abusive mother to stay with her, at least until he can get on his feet. only problem we're having is my mother trying to control my actions. she won't let me stay with my grandpa so i can help him. i'm seventeen, and i know that legally she has the right to keep me wherever she chooses. i just don't know if i can make the eight months until my birthday. i need help.

Hi,

We are glad you reached out to us for help. It is very stressful and scary when you are about to be homeless. We are sure this is overwhelming for both you and your boyfriend.

Given all that, it is understandable your boyfriend is seriously considering moving back in with his abusive Mom as a stop-gap measure. We all know that is not an ideal solution and we would like to explore options to give him some other choices.

We will need more information about his exact situation to try to find some programs that might help him without having to involve his Mom. We would also like to help you with some strategies and support options to cope with living in your situation until you are 18.

You each can contact anytime 24/7 through a chat on our website or calling our crisis hotline at 1 (800) RUNAWAY to talk about options, plans, and support programs. We will help you identify the best resources for your needs and we can conference call to those resources to make sure you get engaged with them for the help you want.

We hope to hear from you both very soon, best of luck.

NRS
    Please remember you can reach us directly by calling our 24 hour hotline, 1-800-RUNAWAY (786-2929) or through our Live Chat.

National Runaway Safeline
    [email protected] (Crisis Email)
    1-800-RUNAWAY (24 Hour Hotline)
    https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/YourOpinionMattersToUs

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
    Auto-Saved
    x
    Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
    x
    or Allowed Filetypes: jpg, jpeg, png, gif, webp
    x
    x
    Working...
    X