Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My girlfriend is 19

My girlfriend is 19 and she’s from Virginia and I want to hang out with her and she wants me to come see her but her mom won’t let her leave home and me and her been talking a lot. Her mom still controls her. My girlfriend has a learning disability and I believe she can move out. Is it possible for her to runaway? If she’s at a legal age. I want to hang out with her.

Hi. Thank you for reaching out to NRS, we know that it takes a lot of bravery to do that. At NRS, we are here for you, to talk through and come up with resources to help you in your situation. It can be hard to watch someone you care about struggle and not be able to support them at the current moment. Generally speaking, if she leaves home since she is an adult she will not be forced to return home, however, the parents might be able to state that due to her learning disability she has to come home if found. We are not legal experts though. If you call or give us a chat, we can give you some resources on how to best support her and if she contacts us we can help her specific situation and come up with alternatives to running away if that might be best. You are or your girlfriend welcome to chat us through this website, or call our hotline at 1-800-786-2929 (1-800-RUNAWAY). We wish you luck as you navigate this difficult time and do hope you reach out to us. We are rooting for you.
    Please remember you can reach us directly by calling our 24 hour hotline, 1-800-RUNAWAY (786-2929) or through our Live Chat.

National Runaway Safeline
    [email protected] (Crisis Email)
    1-800-RUNAWAY (24 Hour Hotline)
    Tell us what you think about your experience!
    https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/YourOpinionMattersToUs

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
    Auto-Saved
    x
    Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
    x
    or Allowed Filetypes: jpg, jpeg, png, gif, webp
    x
    x
    Working...
    X