Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Issues

Hello, I’m currently in a house hold we’re it’s pretty much hell. My grandma has custody of me bud she been deciding, badly. She mentally insane, plus she can’t walk to the bathroom on her own she need my siblings help, they quit litterly wipe her butt. Not to add she doesn’t even remember our names, I know they want me to help since I’m 15 now, but I don’t wanna be hit by her or be covered in human poop. I don’t wanna end up like my siblings, I don’t wanna be her care taker, I don’t wanna like in this hone to do it, if I can’t leave at 15 I wanna leave the minute I turn 18. Oh also, technically her temporary custody experience years ago idk how I’m still legally living here, technically my mom has custody but I haven’t seen her since I was 7 so I don’t think she going to pop in.

Hi,
    Thanks for reaching out. It sounds like things are awful at home with your grandmother's physical challenges and the responsibility on you and your siblings to take care of her. It doesn't sound fair at all.

We hope you can think of someone that you trust to talk to about this. Your state or county may have an agency that assists senior citizens with help in cases where they need help. Maybe you can google it, or you can reach out to us and you can ask us to do it too. You can also reach out to your states Child Abuse Hotline so they can investigate and see that you and the other children need help.
    You can reach out to us 24/7 and we can help you file an abuse report (technically it sounds more like neglect) so that your grandma and you might be able to get the help you deserve.
    You can chat us through this website or call our hotline at 1-800-786-2929 (1-800-RUNAWAY)
    We truly hope to hear from you soon.
    Sincerely,
    NRS
    Please remember you can reach us directly by calling our 24 hour hotline, 1-800-RUNAWAY (786-2929) or through our Live Chat.

National Runaway Safeline
    [email protected] (Crisis Email)
    1-800-RUNAWAY (24 Hour Hotline)
    Tell us what you think about your experience!
    https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/YourOpinionMattersToUs

Comment

Hi I am a 14 year old girl last Wednesday I was pouring the recycling I our recycling can for garbage day I had 3 buns blocking my view of the road and 4 glass bottles missed the recycling can and it the road and broke I thought the broke in the recycling can so I didn't know I even broke the bottles either a few hours later I was in the pool and my dad came home and he said what is this and I said what then he what is this and I said what and he said broke glass I said I didn't know and he said how could you not know and I said I didn't know he said get out of the pool right now and clean it up I said okay,then qhe I go inside to get the dust pan I said it was a mistake and he said that's no mistake that is laziness your a slob and I said it was a mistake no one's perfect he said no it wasn't a mistake it would be your fault of someones pet got glass in tbeir paw or someone got glass in there foot and I said you act like you never did broke glass on the road before and didn't know before and he I have never did that before,then I went outside to clean up the glass I start crying 10 minutes later my dad comes out and says why are you still cleaning it up and I said because there is still glass on the road the he comes out again and says quit your arguing,that's enough you need to quit crying in the road like a little then he walked inside.My dad calls me a little baby when he makes me cry he blamed me for him having high blood pressure he says I am lazy he curses at me he yells at me for little things he us had on me I feel like he is disappointed in me he gets mad at me when I get a f,I don't understand he makes me feel like everything has to be perfect,he Is a good man he loves me,he also say he is going to slap be across the face but he never does he makes me bring him Beer the weekends,I love him but I don't understand why he does this

Comment

• ccsmod10
        ccsmod10 commented
        Editing a comment
        Hi, we're thankful you reached out for help. It is a very important step in improving your circumstances, and it takes a lot of courage.

It sounds like your hasn't been treating you with total kindness, and the fact that he has been making you cry and then calling you names instead of trying to make you feel better can feel both frustrating, angering, and sad. Your wellbeing matters, and we are here to help as best we can. You were right to say that everyone makes mistakes and no one is perfect, and you deserve to feel you have the space to make mistakes and to learn and grow safely.

If you live chat us at 1800runaway.org or call us at 1-800-RUNAWAY we can discuss more of the details of your situation and provide more specific solutions, or we can just listen if you need someone to talk to.
    Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
    Auto-Saved
    x
    Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
    x
    or Allowed Filetypes: jpg, jpeg, png, gif, webp
    x
    x
    Working...
    X